Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,421 to 3,440 of 5,560

mookysam

@LtSarge Yeah, I think we did, and I remember how much you enjoyed Ys Seven. πŸ˜€ It's taken me a long time to finally get into the series! Next up I'll do Memories of Celceta, which is in my Vita ready to play after Metroid Dread. I had initially considered playing the games in chronological order, but the shift from old to new and back again would be too jarring. There's one character in Ys Seven that seems to have been in Ark of Napishtim, so I had no idea who they were or why they had so much animosity towards Adol and Dogi, but aside from that there's been nothing particularly linking the games thus far.

Ys Origin is so good. The framerate was pretty atrocious during boss battles, but I love the combat and script. I'm looking forward to getting to Ys VIII and IX, but have preferred the shorter playtimes of the other games.

@nessisonett I wasn't expecting the entire party to be split up in the final battle, so even though reserve members do gain XP, they were still a few levels behind my main team. It was a really unnecessary difficulty spike that dragged the final section out far too long. It was also the only boss battle that didn't give the option to drop the difficulty when I got a game over, which was a bit mean!

@RogerRoger I played Temple of Osiris in local co-op, so maybe that's why there were performance hiccoughs. It seemed a bit strange considering it didn't seem to push the system hard. There was this really strange bug that emerged when redoing the first level alone for the time trial. All of the enemies disappeared, and none of the cutscenes popped up, so it made whizzing through it a breeze.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

KilloWertz

@Iver That's somewhat surprising, unless she really struggled against the bosses too. Then I could definitely understand.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver It's not gonna beat Returnal for me, but it is defo up there in the top 10 to 5 games I've played this year. Unless some drastic happens in the last third.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver Admittedly the camera can prove a bit problematic, especially during boss fights. Can't say I recall having any issues with the controls or the map though.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

KilloWertz

@Iver Obviously I agree on the difficulty, and even somewhat on the map. I found it easy to get lost at times since, while it clearly labels where on the map your next objective is located, the path to it can sometimes be confusing even though it seems easy just looking at the map. I didn't have much in the way of issues with the camera or a lot of glitches though.

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver @KilloWertz Yeah no glitches for me either. Agree that the way points in the game could be better, but I had no problems using the map.

KilloWertz

@JohnnyShoulder Like I said, I did find it fairly easy to get lost at times. Since it's been a little while since I played the portion of the game that I played, it's possible it's just the game itself and not really the map that causes that.

@Iver So was I, as it was my most anticipated game of the year after Horizon 2 got delayed like we all expected it to. That made it really disappointing when I stopped played it because I was really frustrated with the boss battles. I don't play games to die 40 times fighting bosses that are intentionally insanely hard, but I will likely give the game a second chance and just drop the difficulty down when those bosses pop up. That's really the only times I had extreme issues with the difficulty.

purple_mouse_gaming

After almost 4 months of pure fun and entertainment, today I brought down the curtain on Far Cry 5 - and I was just a bit disappointed with my ending. No spoilers here from me but even having played the alternative options, I was left very unsatisfied and a little annoyed, given the excellent game up to that point.
Still, a bloody good game overall though.

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz I'm grateful for your honesty regarding God of War back there. It's always interesting to get some distance from such a major release, because you then start to see a better balance of opinion. That being said, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you'd hoped, being a fan of the series an' all.

@mookysam Wow, that does sound weird, for Temple of Osiris to behave like that. Not that I'd mind if my copy removed all the enemies from level replays; that sounds oddly helpful!

@purplemouse I have a friend who's been playing Far Cry 5 recently as well, and she thought the ending was okay, but I reckon all of her most memorable moments would still come from well before it. Always a shame when a game doesn't quite stick the landing, particularly after you've been playing it for so long. Were you playing this in anticipation of Far Cry 6, or will you wait to continue with the series?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

purple_mouse_gaming

@RogerRoger This was my first Far Cry game, and from what I have seen of 6, it looks almost the same kind of deal - so I'm not really up for more right now. Yeah, I mean the ending didn't ruin the game for me, but it did disappoint somewhat. Although, I knew early on that, for me, the game wasn't going to be about the story, but more a sandbox of fun to play through for a few months. But as the end neared, I became more interested in how it would play out.

Kidfried

@RogerRoger @mookysam

Temple of Osiris is such a technical mess I even don't know where to start. Bottom line is I stopped playing, because of my save file got corrupted in such a weird way: all lightning for the levels was broken, no matter what I did would have these glitches across my screen that made it impossible to play. Didn't matter whether I reinstalled the game or not. Not buying anything from that studio again anytime soon.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@purplemouse Yeah, from what I understand, all of the Far Cry games get quite samey, swapping out a different setting and villain each time but never changing that overblown sandbox gameplay in any meaningful way. I've always known that I'd eventually want to play one, so I'm at the point where I'm just trying to decide which one, because it's highly unlikely that I'll ever need to play more than one. At least the story managed to generate some interest before it dropped the ball, I guess!

@Kidfried I'm genuinely shocked. I've played Temple of Osiris through in single player, local multiplayer and online multiplayer, on both a base PS4 and a PS4 Pro, and I've never encountered any major or memorable technical issues, certainly not to the level you're describing (in fact, I can't recall any glitches whatsoever, but all games have 'em so I'm not prepared to assert an absolute). From my experience with it, I would've held it up as one of the most stable games in my collection.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

johncalmc

I beat Yakuza 5 and I have mixed feelings about it. My favourite in the series going into it was 4, and I like the multiple stories thing and I like the side stories stuff, having extra tasks to do etc. I just didn't think the story came together at the end. I spent most of it not knowing what was going on but assuming they were going to do a big reveal at the end that tied everything together and I was going to be like SO THAT'S WHAT THAT WAS ABOUT but when it ended I was just like pretty nonplussed.

Anyway I'm on 0 now and it's very good so far.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Well, apparently my bad kind of! I was playing it on my PS5 where it was a broken mess, but it is one of the not supported games, so apparently... that!

Kidfried

Th3solution

@johncalmc So I guess you’re playing them in release order? Or have you already played Y0 before and and just going back?

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Sorry for the lateish reply @LtSarge.

I'm definitely taking a break from the series for a spell. Even if I did have Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Which I don't... yet) I don't wanna do what I did last summer with Trails Of Cold Steel 1 & 2 back to back.

And no... No you don't want to know my thoughts on Cold Steel 2

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

LtSarge

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Your last sentence makes me sad, lol. But it's understandable considering you played through the games back-to-back. It's very easy to get burned out on games like this, so I think it's a good call to take a break from Yakuza. Take your time and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the games to the fullest!

LtSarge

HallowMoonshadow

I'm well aware given your love for the series πŸ˜…

I was sad myself writing that after rather enjoying Cold Steel 1 @LtSarge... But I wouldn't say it was entirely burnout either unfortunately (In fact playing Kiwami sorta gave me similar vibes to my thoughts on Cold Steel 2)

For the record I did play Cold Steel 3's demo a while after (December... Or maybe January this year?) and I did enjoy that so... I haven't wrote off returning to the series πŸ˜„

And I hopefully when I get back round to Yakuza I'll enjoy the next installment!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

alexbolton2

just beat god of war 2018 for the second time in anticipation of ragnarok so i'm re-caught up on the storyline.

alexbolton2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic