Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 5,525

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It’s never a ‘bad’ game, just exceedingly middling. Which in itself is more of an issue than if the game was outright bad. Especially when it’s essentially copying another series.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@OrigamiCrane It'll be a while but yeah, they arrived in today's post. Surprisingly good condition, given the miniscule asking price (although that now has me worried that the games were rubbish, and people are therefore desperate to shift their unwanted copies)!

Oh no, Tomorrow Never Dies is a classic! Absolutely loved that film, and it still holds up. Broadly speaking, fans tend to reckon that Die Another Day was Brosnan's worst... and yet, it's my favourite (and the source of my current avatar). At the end of the day, we like what we like!

@Ralizah Actually, I'm braced to experience a gripping corporate simulator, about a grizzled chap who headhunts executives for Fortune 500 multinationals. In the sequel, we find him trying to enjoy retirement when, suddenly, he's made aware that he was responsible for appointing all the bankers who triggered the 2008 financial crisis. Now, pulling his Filofax and brick phone from the attic, he must seek the titular redemption by going rogue and headhunting enough sign-painters for Occupy Wall Street. All this excitement and more, to be found in Headhunter: The Headhuntening.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@OrigamiCrane Oh, I've certainly played (and defended) my fair share of "trash" over the years, so I'm totally with you on that one! And you're right, the prices commanded by Rule of Rose nowadays are mind-boggling. Kinda wish I'd picked it up back in the day, but hindsight is 20/20, I guess!

And glad to find another fan! Yay, we do exist!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Finished Crash 3 there as part of the N-Sane Trilogy. It’s not fantastic. The skill things destroy all balance the second game had while making time trials necessary for all gems was just plain mean.

RogerRoger

@OrigamiCrane Drift caught. At least you got to experience it, one way or another!

You've just described why I hang out here, and nowhere else online. There's less of a judgemental vibe, at least in the forums (comment sections are another matter). Sometimes I wish I didn't always seem to prefer the "bad" movies, TV shows and games, but I can't help liking what I like. Might as well embrace it!

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

"Beat" is a very strong word, but I did stay up until 2:30 in the morning getting to the credits of Monster Hunter Rise. The meat of the game is still ahead of me, of course, via both harder single-player hunts and gathering hub content. With that said, now that I've hit the credits, I think I'll put it down for a while and let Capcom update it a few times before I seriously get back into playing again. Maybe do an odd hunt here or there so my muscle memory doesn't fade.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Jackpaza0508

I beat Abzu recently through Play at home and I really enjoyed it! The graphics were simple but beautiful, the swim controls were easy and fun and the music was great! I do prefer The Pathless as that is more of a game but Abzu does what it sets out to do well.

He/Him

JohnnyShoulder

@Jackpaza0508 Great little game, glad you enjoyed it! Both games form the same studio and composer. Austion Wintory has never disappointed me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Ralizah Bit of a shame there’s no G Rank. I’ll probably wait until it’s added before grabbing Rise.

Jackpaza0508

@JohnnyShoulder I did know about the studio but I didn't know it was the same composer! Both game's soundtracks are great!

He/Him

Thrillho

That's me done with a complete run of Ratchet and Clank having been around 80% of the way through before having to completely restart!

Great little game that is just good fun to play. The weapons are brilliantly varied and the different planets all have a varied feel to them. The Clank sections are a little tedious but do get you thinking without getting too frustrating.

I finished off getting all weapons to level 5 and getting health to full level before I give Challenge Mode a run at some point soon.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@OrigamiCrane For now.... cracks knuckles menacingly

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Thrillho Just finished Ratchet & Clank myself. Such great fun. I got all the trophies that are available in the first play-through, but maxing out all the weapons (Lvl10), seems like it’s going to take multiple play-throughs?

I wonder how Insomniac is going to justify Rift apart being full priced. The 10hours or so for the reboot was the perfect length.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Don't you scare them off now! @OrigamiCrane is one of the good folks!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@Fight_Teza_Fight Yeah, you need to play challenge mode to get to full health and get level 10 on weapons.

I think you also need to buy upgrades to go beyond level 5 which are only available once you have the three holocards for it.

Thrillho

trev666

just finished the main campaign of outriders good game. server issues are a big problem though

trev666

Kidfried

@grahamd I experienced the same with AC Origins, though! For however long that game took, suddenly it just... stopped.

Kidfried

Trs451

Just finished ac valhalla. 144 hours in with everything complete. But can't seem to get the overdesign 2 trophy for the platinum. Can't find enemies with the red skull above them even with all the skills reset. Only showing as yellow.

Now on to disco elysium

Trs451

pilot

I just beat Jedi Fallen Order. Loved it! Absolute must play for any star wars fan. The worlds were big and beautiful, the combat awesome and satisfying, and the story was great too. Some of the puzzles were frustrating and I also glitched out of bounds at one point, and some other small glitches, but thats all that I can say thats bad about it. Also I freaked out when I unlocked the 4 new colors and the split saber attack! I absolutely love the lightsaber customization part of this game.

Boutta go on a pokemon mania

Thrillho

@pilot I think it’s been pretty well received by most people with the common complaints being slight technical issues (not a real problem for me) and the amount of backtracking, especially if you’re revisiting worlds.

Are you aiming for the platinum trophy? It’s a very achievable one but some of the collectibles are fiendishly hidden away! If you’re not, I’d still recommend exploring the Venator wreckage (if you missed it like I did..)

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic