Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,701 to 2,720 of 5,530

nessisonett

@Gremio108 I actually swapped around quite a bit, mostly due to the fact characters level up to a decent level insanely quickly and some scenarios forcing you to take some people. After I recruited Milich I took him every single time though as he was a great healer. I also took all three ninjas the one time I could, when I was against Sonya. The main party members were usually Viktor, Flik, Milich, Kai and Cleo/Kirkis. I did enjoy using Fu Su Lu early game though as he’s a massive buff tiger person.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Gremio108

@nessisonett Nice team. I didn't realise how good Milich is until I tried to do a playthrough using the generals in my party. Sonya is pretty good. Kwanda was a bit of a tank in a similar manner to Fu Su Lu, minus the tiger gear which automatically makes him not as good.

Viktor and Flik are solid, good job too given how much you're forced to use them.

Kai's unite is a game-changer and Cleo and Kirkis are both great archers. Rubi is a sort of uber-Kirkis, but you get him too late in the game to really get attached to him. Also he's a bit of a berk.

Try taking Clive to the little graveyard in Rockland if you haven't already, for a hint of where his story is headed in the sequel. God I could talk all day about this game.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

nessisonett

@Gremio108 I did wonder about Clive, he came really late on and was pretty mysterious. I also probably have to mention that the guy playing dice in the castle is so unbelievably bad at dice that I maxed out my money several times. That’s the only way I had enough money to upgrade my weapons to the max.

Gremio108

@nessisonett I don't know where the dice guy gets all his betting money from. I can only assume he's going out at night and robbing/murdering people

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

colonelkilgore

@Arugula interesting, I’ve just bought the series (except for LaD and Judgement... I’ll probably get them on PS5 when they are eventually released). I do think I’ll struggle with LaD though as I’ve never clicked with turn-based games, maybe it will finally convert me though... then I can go back and try all the turn based games I couldn’t previously get on with.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Arugula good to know, it’ll take a long old time before I get to LaD though as I’m only planning on fitting one or two Yakuza games in per year... so maybe 2025ish at the earliest I reckon.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Arugula I think the main reason that I’ll be limiting myself to 2 per year (as well as the reason you mentioned) is the time-to-plat. They all seem like pretty big time sinks, which is fine and all but I kind of like no more than 6 or 7 100 hour+ games per year too... and even then I spread them out with shorter games in between.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@Arugula After Yakuza 4 and 5, I wouldn't have thought a new protagonist would be such a problem given how much of those games see the focus away from Kiryu.

@colonelkilgore The biggest problems with Yakuza platinums are that you need to play the entire game twice, once with all sub stories completed, and to 100% the completion list you'll also have to learn how to play Mahjong and all the weird gambling games. I guess once you've learnt them once you're set though!

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho Yeah i used to have a real problem with games which made you have more than one play through (particularly open world games that do it) but as I started doing the second play-throughs, I’ve found that they can be done surprisingly quickly... what with not having to 100% everything the second time along with the knowledge accrued during the first play-through.

In all honesty, I’d probably still rather only play through the games once each though.

**** DLC!

ralphdibny

I just finished the Walking dead final season. I'm surprised how much I've loved these games. I played the first few a couple weeks ago on game pass but I had to buy this one on eBay and wait for it to arrive.

I don't watch the show but I've seen bits of it so I find it a bit weird how much the games clicked with me. I've always kind of avoided them because I'm not into the show but I am so glad I played through them.

But yeah, definitely some of the better Telltale games but still not as great as Tales from the Borderlands which is my favourite TT game! Funnily enough, I've never played a proper Borderlands game either!

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny Yep I agree with @Arugula to give the Batman TT games a go. I wasn't totally on board with some of the story beats of the second season, but still overall really enjoyed them.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

PSVR_lover

@JohnnyShoulder I loved Batman TT. Both TT Batman’s were great, among the best adventure games I’ve ever played. I played them each several times.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

ralphdibny

@Arugula @JohnnyShoulder I've played the first batman, still haven't got around to number 2. All of the TT games I've played have been at least pretty good!

See ya!

Th3solution

@ralphdibny I’m playing the [oft forgotten] TT Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s actually not horrible. As a fan of the MCU, I’m probably giving it a slight ‘bump’ because of interest in the licensed property. It’s definitely not on par with Tales of the Borderlands, The Wolf Among Us, or The Walking Dead, but it actually has some decent story beats and I’m having a good time with it. The technical performance is pretty awful though. It plays like a PS3 game, and a poorly optimized one at that. Lots of visual stuttering, inconsistent graphics, inconceivably longer than expected load times, and poor audio performance. The engine is so antiquated and player movement and controls are clunky as all get-out.

Good to hear TWD finishes well. I played the first 3 seasons, so I just need to finish off the final season one day. I’ll probably keep it in my back pocket after finishing GotG since I think it’s the last TT game in my backlog and I like having one to pull out as a palate cleanser.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@Th3solution nice one! I quite like guardians of the galaxy too! I'm struggling to remember what happens in it even though I only played it in 2019 (I think?)

I think technically speaking, most TT games are somewhere between average and bad. I guess the story and characters really make up for it though as I think they are brilliant!

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I quite like the Back to the Future one but that’s way more of a traditional point and click game. The Sam & Max games are brilliant too!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett the Sam and Max games were really good. I've got BttF but haven't played it yet. I'd quite like to get the Jurassic Park game too if it ever goes on sale on PS3 again (which seems unlikely at this point). I've played 3 of the CSI games they did too but those were more traditional point and click as well. They were quite good

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I had no idea they did the CSI games, my mum had them back in the day! I remember watching her play them years and years ago on our old PC and being a little spooked by some of the sound effects. I actually still have the discs sitting about.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I had the Wii versions of Hard Evidence, Deadly Intent and Fatal Conspiracy. Sold them all like a numpty about 7 years ago along with Sam and Max for the Wii. I think I got like a fiver for all of them. I don't think they'd be expensive to rebuy though if I wanted to

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I think only one of the ones we had was by Telltale, 3 Dimensions of Murder. The first two were by another company but still published by Ubisoft.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic