Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 5,545

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah... the end song was rather out of place. They’d cultivated a mostly dark atmosphere throughout the whole game and then gave us a Disney song!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ash_uk1

Finally finished Atelier Ryza today and loved it that much i pre-ordered the second one. the alchemy system is very addictive.

Ash_uk1

PSN: Ash_uk1

nessisonett

Finished Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance there, all three endings, 200% map completion and all collectibles! All in 6 and a half hours which I’m pretty proud of. I’m missing a few achievements on RetroAchievements but it’s ones for Boss Rush and grinding to Level 50 which I just don’t want to do 😂

Also, that soundtrack is absolutely dreadful. It’s painful to listen to. Which is a shame given Circle of the Moon, the earlier game, had a great soundtrack. Just yucky sounding.

Edited on by nessisonett

Ralizah

Kinda-sorta beat Super Mario Galaxy. I collected all 120 stars and beat Bowser again and saw the bonus after-credits scene that plays if you complete everything in the game.

The thing is... fully completing the game as Mario unlocks Luigi as a playable character, and to properly 100% it, you have to collect all 120 stars as him as well, which unlocks the final level in the game. And I've pledged to fully complete the games in the 3D All-Stars collection, so...

I kinda beat it, but I still have a ton of content left to engage with before I can set it aside.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

So... you kinda-sorta have a long way to go @Ralizah huh?

The fact you're willing to do that can only attest to how much you enjoy Super Mario Galaxy. Better then you remembered? I recall the music tracks you posted from this ages back being utterly delightful

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

jdv95

persona 5 finished!

a truly amazing game with just a very great and lovable main cast.

now we wait for strikers.

jdv95

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Hmm. That's hard to say. The parts I love about it I love as much as I did when I first played it, and I do plan on gushing over those when I write about it. The music, atmosphere, platforming controls, hub area, and level variety are all still wonderful. In terms of visuals, the game always looked good on the Wii, and apparently all it needed to look almost like a modern Switch game was a simple resolution bump. And Nintendo does a (mostly) excellent job adapting the Wii's pointer controls to a system that lacks that functionality. The game also does an excellent job of distributing bosses throughout the game, and it has an interesting suite of power-ups, which were mostly missing from the other 3D Mario games.

On the other hand, months of training myself to see and analyze flaws has made me a bit less forgiving toward certain aspects of the game. They're certainly not game-breaking, but certain types of levels just suck, which seems to a sort of tradition with 3D Mario games, lol. These levels often have you controlling the game via motion controls, and it's Wii-era absurdity at its worst. I shouldn't be almost turning my controller upside down trying to turn my character. There are also times when the constant gravity manipulation confuses the controls, and, once in a great while, the lack of free camera movement in most levels becomes a bit of an issue.

I still need to replay Super Mario 3D World this year on Switch to be fully informed, but it's still head-and-shoulders above every other 3D platformer I've played to date.

@jdv95 Congrats! Persona 5 is a beast of a game. I can only imagine how long my Royal playthrough will end up taking me, considering I only really play it on Saturdays.

Yeah, I have Strikers preordered. Really looking forward to that.

Edited on by Ralizah

jdv95

@Ralizah thank you !
and yeah you are gonna have atleast half a year worth of persona 5

been thinking about starting up trails of cold steel 1 but it's also a massive game story wise,meaning i won't have it done before strikers comes out so i think i'll just wait after i'm done with strikers . i don't realy want to mix the 2 since i might leave one for the other if i do that.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

Anti-Matter

Chicken Little PS2 just now.
It was quick, only took 3 days to finish (approximate 3 hours in a day)
But it was also damn hard for Final Boss section and the last act.
The game was very linear, no revisitable places.
I felt regret to purchase Chicken Little PS2 as both movie and game version wasn't really good.
Well... At least the mini games are accessible.

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Your post reminds me that I've never actually "beat" Sonic Adventure 2 properly, because you're supposed to replay each level five times and S-Rank a bunch of objectives in order to unlock the final level, a three-dimensional recreation of Green Hill Zone. It sounds awfully similar to the process you're going through with Super Mario Galaxy and so you have my sympathies!

@Anti-Matter Ah, the ol' post-licenced-game regret... yep, I've experienced that, many times! Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Chicken Little. What kind of minigames did it have?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger lol

That sounds more similar to Super Mario 3D World. In that game, you have multiple playable characters, and to properly 100% it, you have to beat every level with every character. Which means playing the game 5x over. Levels are short, but that's still a solid chunk of time!

This is probably the only time I'll bother replaying SMG again as Luigi, but the game is fun enough that it's not a big deal. Now that I've fully completed my Mario file, I'll just play a star or two every day until I collect all 120 and unlock the final world.

I never used to be this much of a completionist!

mookysam

@Ralizah Eek, the motion controlled levels are something I'm dreading returning to. Am I right in remembering one where Mario"s balanced on top of a ball and the Wii remote had to be held upright? The water-slide-suspended-over-nothingness levels are especially annoying. I'm not sure I'll bother with the Luigi run-through again, but whenever I replay Galaxy 2 (either on the Wii or if Nintendo decide to remaster it for the Switch) I'll get all the green stars. The secret level in that is monstrous!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@Ralizah There's definitely something to be said for sticking with a game, whilst you're in the zone. I can recall walking away from quite a few games thinking "...and someday I'll come back and polish off the last few trophies" or similar, knowing full well I never would. Playing it on Switch must help, given how comfortable you feel with the console, too. Looking forward to your review!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
I haven't checked yet as i have spent 4 hours to finish the last part of Chicken Little PS2.
I saw there are 6 Mini games and the Cheat code (i have no idea the codes) but later i will check tonight.

I have a plan to consider Chicken Little Ace in Action PS2 version as from what i watched from Youtube, it seems the game was Mission based on different planets so i guess the places were revisitable after finished current places.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@mookysam Yeah, the ball balancing levels and manta ray surfing levels are both motion controlled, and they're both awful.

The motion controls in Mario Odyssey are one of the only major blemishes on that game as well.

And the motion controlled platform in that one shrine in BotW is almost inarguably the worst thing in that game

Hey, I'm starting to notice a theme!

@RogerRoger

It has been more than a year since I first beat Dragon Quest XI S on Switch and told myself I'd come back soon to complete the post-game content. I still think I will, eventually, but it does seem like when I drop a game, I drop it hard, and almost never go back.

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter I tend to prefer mission-based games, because of the freedom afforded to just play small chunks and revisit favourite locations. It's rarer nowadays, but the PS2 era was packed with stop-start experiences and I have a lot of nostalgia for that kinda game design as a result.

@Ralizah Literally because of this very conversation, I've just finished that last expansion for Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Kinda forced myself to, and therefore wanted it over sooner than it was, but I just knew I'd give it a couple weeks and then think "What's the point?" Plus it was an orange mark on my backlog, and there's a certain satisfaction in changing it to a green one.

Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

Managed to finish The Talos Principle yesterday. It's no Portal, but it had some great puzzles to solve. Just finished the main game though, I haven’t tried the dlc. My wife was hoping for a hilarious song at the end but alas, it was not to be.

@jdv95
Nice one, yes, I'm very curious about P5 Strikers now. Just assumed it would be a rushed spin off but previews are hinting at something well worth playing.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

I finally beat Suikoden after 2 years on and off. It really was brilliant and since I got every single character, it’ll be great to revisit them in the second game eventually. Tagging @Gremio108 as I did manage to get Gremio back!!

Gremio108

@nessisonett Excellent work young master.

As good as it is, the second game knocks spots off it. Which characters did you use the most?

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic