Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 5,539

GhostofJettatura

BL3 on PC. All DLC except the extra pricey addition of Season Pass 2 WTF Gearbox! Anyway, liked it but not as much as BL2. It will be a tough sell for me to get BL4.

XIII Remake on PC. Wow, I have the original on PC, might as well have skipped this remaster, its garbage, original runs better. If you plan on getting this one, wait til its 5 bux. 100% 10 hours easy game!

Dark Pictures Anthology Little Hope on PC: Another great game in this series. If you liked Man of Medan and Until Dawn, you will like this as well. Played it through 5 times for 100%. Will get the next game and all of the games that will be in this Anthology.

Control Ultimate Edition on PC I did like the game but the game location setting started getting boring about half way through. The DLC added a few more hours of gameplay. Remedy did a good job with this one, wait for a sale folks since its old now. lol

GhostofJettatura

nessisonett

That’s Assassin’s Creed Syndicate all done! I really enjoyed it, it’s a surprising return to form for the series. I actually did play a bit of this one back in the day but didn’t like it all because I wasn’t used to the clunky combat of the series. Now I have a far better understanding of the series, I can appreciate the changes and improvements this game makes and yes, get past the clunky combat. Only got 1 trophy left for the platinum but oh boy, it’s going to be a grind.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Wow and that’s me beaten Final Fantasy V Advance today, I’ve been busy! Really really enjoyed it, way more than I thought I would as it was the only mainline Final Fantasy game I hadn’t played. Exdeath was a truly epic final boss and genuinely have no idea how I muddled through, the final dungeon was brutal. The job system is really great, especially when you loop back to the Freelancer and acquire the abilities of every other job. I definitely think I’ll go and play Bravely Default now, seeing as it’s a spiritual successor to Final Fantasy V. 52 hours spent wisely though!

Edited on by nessisonett

carlos82

@nessisonett I wish I could find the time to finish so many games. The most recent games I've finished have been Resident Evil remake in about 2 and a half hours for the unlockables and the Panzer Dragoon remake.

Next up is Metal Gear Solid on PS1 and Cybermorph on Atari Jaguar before exploring some JRPG's on the Saturn

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

nessisonett

@carlos82 Honestly, with Covid this year I’ve barely been out the house so I’ve binged loads of games. I’m not back to uni until February either so I have plenty time with nothing much else to do. I’m sure other people have more of a life!

carlos82

@nessisonett I'd have done the same thing, actually I did as my Furlough matched up well with The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima coming out and I took full advantage. It doesn't help when I've got a 4 year old who comes in when I set up the Jaguar and says "oh my favourite Doom game" and takes the controller 😆

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

nessisonett

@carlos82 At least you’re starting them young with the classics! My uncle said that my cousins who’re 5 and 3 were strangely captivated watching him play StarTropics on the Switch NES app 😂

LieutenantFatman

So I just purchased Donut County for £2 in the January sale earlier. Aaaand, I've finished it and got the plat. I must say it was a fun and amusing game, definitely well worth a play. Worth noting that there isn't really any replayability though but for £2 or equivalent currency, you can't go far wrong. If you want a game with simple game play and a good and silly sense of humour that doesn't require too much thinking, this is one to consider.

LieutenantFatman

jdv95

watch dogs legion ps5.

overall not to bad but nothing amazing either.

anyone else had a weird lighting bug when driving? the game has a lot of puddles ( being set in london) and when driving the road seems to be 1 big puddle with the actuall puddles popping in just before you.

jdv95

nessisonett

That’s the credits rolled on Assassin’s Creed Origins. Other than the really quite odd pacing towards the end, it was a great ending. Nobody really got a happy ending which is perfectly OK, they all kinda made mistakes. It’s a shame about Bayek and Aya but it makes sense, their marriage wasn’t the same after Khemu died. The modern day ending sets up the next game nicely too.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett You are consuming that franchise at a rate of knots! Impressive!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I’m honestly surprised at how much I’ve gotten into the series. It’s always been on my radar but I’d only played bits of Syndicate, Brotherhood and Origins previously. At least I’ve now got a couple of platinums out of the series and I’m 80% of the way towards the Origins platinum!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett You give me hope, because I've always said "yeah, I'll try the series someday" but then worried it had gotten to the point where it was too big to tackle. Knowing that it's possible to get as hooked as you have, and to play through the majority of them without burnout, is pretty wizard.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger What @nessisonett has accomplished is pretty remarkable, but I do think there is a place at the Assassin’s Creed table for most gamers who enjoy the 3rd person stealth-action genre. You’d probably like them, given you enjoy the likes of Spider-Man, Hitman, Tomb Raider, etc. The difficult question might be “where to start?” because as you say, it’s an intimidating mass of games if you look at the series as a whole. The first game is actually fairly mediocre, but it does introduce the core idea of using the Animus to utilize your DNA and infiltrate your deceased ancestors. Honestly, if you understand that concept then your halfway there and can jump in almost anywhere. The problem is that there is a modern day storyline that is in the background and relates loosely with what’s going on in the ancient times narrative. As the series has gone on, Ubisoft has discovered that most gamers were more annoyed at the present day storyline and most of the time that the game cuts away to the brief modern segments we all merely tolerate it until we get back to the historical period where the fun is really happening.

I played a little of AC1, and got a little bored of it, then got hooked at AC2 onward. You could reasonably start at the Ezio Collection which is a trilogy that starts with AC2 and are all related. AC3 then wraps up the main modern day arc and then things start to be a little more fragmented. So from Black Flag and forward it’s reasonable to jump in there too, at probably any of the subsequent mainline entries. Origins would also seem a good starting point because it’s effectively the beginning of a new era of the series.

This is how I feel with some beloved long running franchises like Zelda, Pokémon, Sonic, and even franchises like Far Cry and Dragon Quest (and until recently Resident Evil) ... it is difficult for my obsessive sensibilities to jump into the series in the middle. But in fact, most of these developers plan on people coming in late so the games are pretty self contained.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@RogerRoger @Th3solution I honestly would chalk up the whole burnout thing more towards my circumstances and not a plus for the series. I do think that other people would completely burn out after the first few games. I think the good thing with the series is that after every few games, when it’s starting to get a bit stale, there’s a big shift in engine or gameplay and suddenly everything’s new again. I’d probably say the best games I’ve played are 2, 3 and Syndicate out of the classic style. The new style is good fun but is so far removed from the original games that it doesn’t feel right to compare. I now totally understand why people want a new game done in the older style though, they definitely scratch an itch which no other games really do anymore!

RogerRoger

@Th3solution @nessisonett Am grateful for the thoughts, particularly since I wasn't aware that the series' gameplay had undergone such a major reinvention of late; you see changes in historical period and geographical location splashed about in the marketing, but comparatively little about anything else. It sounds like, to get the best sample and context, I'd need to start with something relatively early, and knowing that there's this Ezio Collection available helps.

I think I've mentioned before that I only really started to notice the series once it started touching upon periods of history and cultures I'm interested in (the American Revolution, ancient Egypt, etc.) so part of me is worried that I'd struggle in, say, Victorian London, which holds little appeal... although Ness calling Syndicate a highlight has me second-guessing my assumption.

Stuff to think about. First, I'd need a gap in my backlog big enough, that's for sure!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger No problem. It took me a little while to get into the series also. I arrived a little late but played the earlier titles when I had a little more free time.
If you are interested in feudal Japan then Ghost of Tsushima might actually be the place to start. Sure, it’s not an Assassin’s Creed game, but it seems slightly inspired by them. There’s no background modern day storyline; but like AC it’s just simply playing through some historical fiction as an assassin warrior type of character in an ancient setting, and it scratches a similar itch to AC. It you like GoT, you’ll probably get along with the AC series.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Anti-Matter

Sly Cooper:Thieves in Time PS3 just now.
Woohoo...!! 😄

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@Th3solution That's a good comparison to know, cheers. Ghost of Tsushima is a definite for me this year. I was gonna wait until I could play it enhanced on PS5, but I may snap beforehand (if I can guarantee the days and weeks its Photo Mode will likely demand of me).

@Anti-Matter Congratulations! Sounds like you enjoyed the experience!

Making It So Since 1987

phil_j

Just nabbed the platinum on Demon's Souls. Such a good game. Feeling lost now.

phil_j

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic