Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 5,525

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Honestly, I’ve played a couple of hours of the second game now and it’s brilliant. Such a massive step forward and the cities feel properly alive. I’m amazed to be honest, got to be one of the best sequels I’ve played in terms of pushing the mechanics of the first game forward.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Oh yeah the game is excellent, much improved over the first one which I gave up on before I finished it I think. Just watch out for those feathers. They are after you.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Considering I spent far too long hunting treasure chests on the rooftops... the feathers may get me yet.

Thrillho

@nessisonett AC2 is the only one of the series I’ve played. I enjoyed the combat and mechanics but it was too long. It’s the first game I remember playing and being annoyed at there being yet another area.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho A man with a wicked scar and one eye just said “It’s a-me, Mario” so this game can last 90 hours and I’d be perfectly happy.

Thrillho

@nessisonett One of the weirdest things in AC2 is how Danny Wallace suddenly turns up as pretty much himself (but with a different name).

It wouldn't have been so weird if it had been his voice with a different character model but it is pretty much just him.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Of course it’s Danny Wallace, it looks and sounds exactly like him. I did think he looked familiar!

Kidfried

@nessisonett Good luck on Assassin's Creed 2. I never liked AC1, so I'm not surprised that aged terribly. I remember being amazed that Ubisoft succeeded in turning it into a fun game to play. Are you planning on playing more AC after this?

Kidfried

Kidfried

I don't know if this counts as "beating" a game, but I recently won Tetris 99 after so many tries. I don't know why it took so long, and I don't think I'm bad at Tetris, but I just always ended up in second place every time things were going well.

Anyway. That's over now!

I finally won after many tries on my Switch, and previously on my brother's. I couldn't believe it finally happened. Felt so good of an achievement, that I almost expect someone to now name a star after me.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried I’m going to work my way through the series (at a snail’s pace probably) so it’s Brotherhood next. It’s pretty mad how much of an improvement it is over the first. I’m absolutely loving 2, it’s one of the best games I’ve played in ages which is bizarre because if you break it down, we’ve seen so many similar games since. It’s just incredibly fresh and fun with a great plot, soundtrack and setting. I’m probably going to try for 100% other than the feathers.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Stop trying to trigger me ha ha. 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett Brotherhood is probably my favourite in the entire series. Very similar to 2 except you can recruit and level-up other assassins and call them to your aid. Standing on a rooftop and calling in a team of assassins to kill a load of guards and then disappear never got old.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Kidfried As somebody who once gave Tetris 99 a shot, thinking I'd do alright because I grew up with the game and my Dad's very competitive at its two-player versus mode...

Untitled

Never even made it into single digits, let alone second place. A win must've felt so good!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Ah, thank you. Yea, it meant very much to me. It might be one of my greatest achievements in gaming

Also, I played this game for 75 hours according to my profile, so it's been more a matter of perseverance instead of being good at games. Perseverance isn't my strongest suit in real life, but in gaming I can be very persevering (one of the big reasons why I love video games).

Kidfried

nessisonett

And that’s me wrapped up Assassin’s Creed 2! Every viewpoint and sidequest, other than those bloody feathers. I really loved it, even with pacing issues towards the end, especially an utterly pants DLC in Florence with 9 assassination missions where you couldn’t be spotted, which destroyed the pacing of the game. Still, it was a truly great game and I’m excited to jump into Brotherhood.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yes, those damn feathers! Great game overall though. What did you make of the ending? I seem to remember thinking at the time they took things too far and I became a bit disillusioned with the series after that.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I liked the kinda mind-melty 4th wall breaking. It’s rather far-fetched and needlessly complicated but I guess they need something for Desmond to fight for and they did tease a cataclysmic event in the first game. It just weirdly ended as well, same as the first one, though this definitely set up a sequel. I played the first couple of hours of Brotherhood and the graphics are really nice although it was a shame to see my villa proper kaboom. Cool to see it in the modern day though. The map’s huge but honestly, I like the fact I’ve been to all the places in the Italian games as it makes sightseeing in game really interesting. I recognised places in Florence, Venice and now Rome/The Vatican.

nessisonett

I’m now done with Tekken 6, a game I’ll never play again. Just a massive disappointment after 5: Dark Resurrection. Played a bit of Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U, which is fun and the Nintendo costumes are brilliant but the load times are a killer and the GamePad D-Pad is horrific. No clue why Nintendo suddenly forgot how to make a good D-Pad when the SNES one still feels great.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic