Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 5,525

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Is that the one with the small farting dino in it?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder That’s Tekken 3 and Gon is the best character in any fighting game ever. Well, it would be if Shrek Super Slam didn’t exist.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

And that’s Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood done! Enjoyed it although it did feel a bit like a DLC for 2. Having your little assassin friends was great too. Almost done the Ezio Trilogy!

Th3solution

@nessisonett Which of the more recent AC games have you played? How do you feel the Ezio games hold up against the current ones?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I’ve played the first roughly 5 hours of Black Flag and about 80% of Origins. Honestly, AC2 is one of the best games I’ve played in years and I definitely feel it holds up alongside the new style of game, partly because it does things differently. It also has a much more focused map, while still being large. Brotherhood was good but I do think I would have enjoyed it more had I waited a whole year like I would have done on release, as it is a bit of a retread. Black Flag is a game I just couldn’t get into but I honestly think that because I’ve gotten used to the somewhat strange combat in the AC games, I’ll get on a lot better with it this time.

mcdreamer

I finished Persona 5 Royal a couple of days ago, with the true ending. After the 107 hours I spent with the game it's easily the longest I've ever played and has been a big part of the last couple of months. Everything about the experience was great, the characters and their interactions, the music, the combat. The only slightly weak point I think was the additional story content for Royal. I really like what they tried to do, and the new characters are just as good as any of the others, but I think it just all felt a bit anti-climactic after the epic fight which precedes it. Regardless, Royal is very much the version to play.

It's been some time since I've felt so sad for a game to draw to a close. Certainly rivals finishing Xenoblade 2. Now I'm kind of struggling to decide what to play next. I've got a few options. 3D All Stars, Trails of Cold Steel 1, Tales of Berseria, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable are potential options. And of course, on the side there will be Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight.

mcdreamer

nessisonett

@mcdreamer Persona 5 Dancing was pretty good tbh, I’m a huge rhythm game fan so it was all I could ask for and the remixes were mostly great with few exceptions. It’s got a very achievable platinum too!

PSVR_lover

Persona 4 Golden Hands down. A must play game. I too loved Persona 5 Dancing all night, an amazing game!

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

nessisonett

Beat Metro Last Light there. Unfortunately got the standard ending which is completely non-canon so I’ll check out the good ending on YouTube.

mcdreamer

@nessisonett I've been enjoying P5D so far. I've unlocked most of the tracks on easy and played a few on normal. Still haven't got my timing quite right but the game is certainly fun! Enjoying most of the remixes too and still have the social link side to dig into.

@PSVR_lover I have a save about 10 hours into P4G so that would be the best choice really. I played a few battles in the second "palace" after beating P5R. It's interesting to see how much more streamlined the battle menus are in P5R (not that they're particularly bad in P4, just more button presses to access things). That kind of makes me think playing P3P first would be a good idea, as I imagine P4 is also a step on from P3 in terms of quality of life features.

mcdreamer

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett You gonna start Metro Exodus soon?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder It’s got 50 something days left on PS Now so yeah, I’ll start it after I play MediEvil. I think it might be on Game Pass as well but I’d rather play them all on the same console.

RogerRoger

Over the past couple days, I've managed to wrap up both Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (which was wonderful, as always) and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (which I really warmed to in the end, despite its myriad of audio issues ensuring that I didn't have a clue about what was happening or why).

No idea what I'm gonna play next. Toying with the idea of starting the Syphon Filter series.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

That’s me finished MediEvil with every chalice, now onto the Lost Souls and polishing off a few more trophies for the platinum!

nessisonett

@Kidfried I thought it was a lot better than I had heard to be honest. Combat was hilariously imprecise but I was hardly expecting Dark Souls. It really shined in terms of atmosphere and the soundtrack was great too. It was like a style of game you don’t really get anymore and I appreciated that, a bit like Ratchet & Clank PS4. And yes, I only had like 3 levels left so just pushed onwards till pretty late so hooray for asynchronous uni learning 😂😂

Thrillho

@nessisonett This very site has a good guide for the Lost Souls if you need one. It was the best I found as it ordered them so you only have to replay levels once (complete a challenge and find the next one) rather than playing levels twice through again.

A very do-able platinum and a fun reward for finding all the Souls

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic