Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 5,490

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ending E is absolutely necessary and no playthrough is truly complete without it. Genuinely, it’s the best moment in gaming possibly ever.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Good thing you bought it on sale, huh?

@nessisonett I think whether you find Ending E to be emotional or irritatingly gimmicky depends on your reaction to the game and its quirks as a whole. Especially considering how frustrating it can initially be.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

Speaking of playing through games mulitiple times, i hear you need to play Dragon Quest XI three times to get the true ending at what is already quite a lengthy game. And the second play through it takes away fast travel? I'm glad I found the game so dull and gave up during the first play through!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

redd214

Beat Spyro 1 over the weekend. Was a nice easy 8 hour platinum and a great nostalgia trip. Probably going to get into 2 this weekend!

redd214

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder No. The game's story is separated into three parts, with the third part, leading to the true ending, being a lengthy post-game campaign. All three sections are completely unique.

And I still fast-traveled plenty in Part Two. You just have to rediscover locations from part one because, for story reasons, things have changed pretty dramatically in the game.

It's all one complete playthrough of the game, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

...You know what would've made it better @Ralizah? ... an Invisible zombies mode

Next you'll be telling me @nessisonett that In order to truly appreciate the 2B is actually 2E twist that I need to get Ending "XXY%4" in Chapter 2/Route B which involves waiting around in one specific area so long that 2B just whips out a mallet from beneath her skirt and bludgeons 9S to death out of boredom... that or I dunno... read some japan only obscure manga adaption that was printed on boxes of Pocky

... Terrible attempts at jokes aside I very much doubt I'm going to like that final bit as much as you or anyone else on here and that's rather disappointing to me.

I had pretty much no knowledge or expectations for NieR Automata. Not even built up expectations like a few other games I've disliked with extremely positive receptions. It's truly a shame to me that I just can't enjoy it.

I'll be keeping it for the time being so who knows... maybe I'll enjoy it more a few years down the line 😁

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

...You know what would've made it better Ralizah? ... an Invisible zombies mode

That's very true. But, let's be real: what game wouldn't be improved with an invisible zombies mode?

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That’s too bad that the game didn’t quite live up to the reputation. But that’s okay - different strokes for different folks. I certainly have my share of games that I can’t quite understand the appeal. I do feel bad to have led you astray 😅. Ah well, 1 out of 2 ain’t bad.
I will say that it’s probably worth playing through ending E, since you’ve made it this far. It brings the narrative around in a very unique way. Although I’m not confident that it will change your impression of the game entirely, but it’s worth experiencing just for the sake of completeness. You’re 98% of the way to the finish line. You basically just have to lunge forward and collapse through the finishing tape onto the track. 😂

If you can tolerate it after that, and only after playing ending E if you choose to the discussion is interesting on the game thread, and I especially liked the video kyle posted which broke the game down. It’s in comment 316:
https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps4/nier_automata?start=300...

But I understand your hesitation to commit anymore time since you probably keep thinking, when is this game actually going to get good like everyone says? 😂

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy yeah I knew it was coming since I got to the end before but by the 4th time I was still like “reallllly???” - it is a joke to be honest. BUT, it’s worth the persistence and the little bits of new story that occur are a treat.

And come on the music 😍

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PUsEEWF7s0c

As for the name, Bravely Default, I always thought it was a really cool title. The title itself means something along the lines of “be brave and don’t do what’s expected of you i.e. default against expectations yada yada” which is a theme which runs throughout the game.

I am seriously hyped to see more of BD2.

And yeah play ending E you fool!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

HallowMoonshadow

I don't consider you leading me astray with NieR Automata @Th3solution... It was a group effort of course

Kidding

There's a lot to the game I do like. The combat, the soundtrack, the setting, heck I even like the open world ... It's just the narrative I don't like and like I said before I could potentially change my mind on it a few years down the line.

I'm certainly not that petty to not take any suggestions from you or anyone else on here or blame any of you for something I didn't gel with!

Plus I REALLY liked Divinity: Original Sin II so... that's like triple points if you wanna keep a tally 😅

Ha ha wasn't quite sure if you'd remember that running joke we had for a bit @Ralizah 😂

That bit was honestly pretty creepy with the zombie machines in the bottom of the amusement park for the stamp quest. If they were invisible or there was a mode to put them all over the map... It'd be REmake all over again! 😱

kyleforrester87 wrote:

And yeah play ending E you fool!

Fiiiine... I'll do it tomorrow kyle.. Hope you're happy 😁

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

Well... I've seen some of Ending E @kyleforrester87, @Nessisonett, @Ralizah, @th3solution for NieR Automata

I got to Square Enix in the credits by myself without taking any damage... How I actually managed that I'm not too sure but hey I was pretty pleased with myself 😂 I couldn't get any further then that though after about ten or so retries before giving up as it really ramped up the difficulty then.

I'm assuming I have to connect with the network and maybe play it through with someone else though? I'm not quite sure of the mechanics here... I was kinda unsure of what to say yes to at this point

It's... Gimmicky like you suggested it could be taken as @Ralizah ... But it wasn't as bad as I was thinking it could've been... It's a weird inbetween of gimmicky and emotional for me.

I'll complete it for good on Friday or something as I've got lesson planning to do the next two days and honestly that's it for me posting about NieR Automata for me in this thread... I am done talking about it lol

-EDIT- ... Nice use of music by the way! I really do like that song and it was pretty neat on how that was used for that

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy You'll definitely want to connect to the network for help. It's part of the experience. It gets a bit wild. You'll see.

RogerRoger

@KratosMD As a long-time Sonic fan, sentiments about uneven distribution of falling deaths and sentences like "the game became easier [as] I started to adjust to its wonky controls" have me totally understanding your journey with Super Lucky's Tale, even if I've never played (and won't likely ever play) it for myself. I'm glad that, like me with most Sonic games, you eventually found the fun!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Yep, you're right. @RR529 reviewed it a month ago, and I've been keeping it in mind ever since, which is why I was grateful for your additional thoughts on the original.

Fourth post down:

https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/retro_and_other_gaming/user...

Oh, and you're spot on about Sonic Unleashed. One word: "Eggmanland". Aaaaah!!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I finished The Outer Worlds this afternoon and while I did enjoy the game, the ending felt fairly abrupt and it took me a minute to realise that was actually it.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

I just beat Resident Evil Revelations 2

I still have the Extra/Bonus chapters to do (That'll probably take an hour or so each) and Raid mode is nowhere near done but the main campaign is over. I rather enjoyed it!

I don't think it really needed to be episodic though... Should've been just a normal release with a Claire campaign then a Barry campaign. Still good Resi fun though!

Thrillho

@KratosMD Bloody hell, I managed to write the wrong game name AGAIN! I have actually finished the Outer Worlds

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I was about to say "Yeah, I'd heard similar about The Outer Worlds and its ending!" before I realised you'd written a different name and stopped myself.

But yeah, I'd heard similar about The Outer Worlds and its ending!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic