Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 5,525

ZeD

Damn, I haven’t beat a game in a long while. Huge backlog, little time and no drive to pick & stick with a game. 😩

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@ZeD I think we've all been there at one time or another, so try not to worry about your backlog and just focus on playing the things you wanna play, whenever you wanna play them... and if that isn't for a couple weeks or months, so be it. As much as I adore gaming, there are times when you couldn't pay me to pick up a controller!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Completed my first (Claire) play through of Resident Evil 2 REmake the other day. Overall I did enjoy it although I did not like some of the backtracking required, mind you some of that was due to me being an idiot and forgetting an item like some ammo or medicine. I am undecided whether or not to do another play through as Leon. It definitely won't be straight away.

As I was playing it, it dawned on me that I hardly remember any of the game. That well could be, but I remember more of the first and third games. So I either only played as Leon when I played the original version, large chunks of the game have been introduced for the remake, or I only played part of game originally. Either way it was almost like playing a totally new game for me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder RE2make is a radically redesigned game, so it's no surprise that it doesn't feel terribly familiar to you.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula @Ralizah I didn't even remember the Tyrant, Mr G or Sherry. I think the last two are unique to Claire's run though.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

HallowMoonshadow

Mr G? isn't it Mr. X @JohnnyShoulder if you're talking about ol' trenchcoat? He only appeared in the B-side of the original RE2... Didn't matter if you played as Leon or Claire

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy He is never referenced as Mr X in the REmake. I thought the Tyrant was what people were referencing when they mentioned Mr X? But yeah it is William Berkin, Sherry's Dad. Think he is just called G in the game.

I like all the character models you unlock, which have different animations which you can play.

EDIT: Just figured out that is who you were on about! Whoops! 😶

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam yes i did, i even uploaded the ending to YouTube

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

HallowMoonshadow

Well it's my mistake too @JohnnyShoulder! Should've realised you were being coy about a certain someone infected with the "G" virus

Haven't played the remake yet... So couldn't tell you if he was called G in that but he's mostly called by his name in the original from what I remember.

It was also dependant on who you chose to play as first in the ps1 version (You dealt with William in the A Scenario, whilst route B had you dealing with Mr. X.)

... To be honest for a second though I thought you were referencing House Of The Dead with long standing protagonist Agent "G" for some reason.

Man zombie games and their singular letter naming systems huh? 😂

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Mr X is called The Tyrant in my play through of the REmake. You don't find out who 'G' is until a bit later in the game, he is just called 'G' when you unlock his character model. I think that is correct, I will double check when I'm on my PS4 later.

Thrillho

I finally finished Kiwami 2 the other day. Another great game in the series but the story felt like it fell a little flat at the end. The Majima storyline was a neat addition to the overall story but a bit boring to play which is a shame seeing as the character is so great.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho My best friend recently played Kiwami for the first time, and so I heard a lot about Majima and how much she loved him. I'm guessing he's a popular fella!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Bad boys, bad boys
Whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do when Majima comes for you?

Untitled

RogerRoger

@Ralizah ...and why did nobody tell me he rocks an eyepatch?!

Blimey, I've never played a Yakuza game before and even I love him now!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@KratosMD @RogerRoger @Ralizah @Thrillho Yeah, I never completed Yakuza Zero, but I played it through about halfway (maybe I’ll get back to it one day) and one of the highlights are the characters. The protagonists are very endearing and relatable, despite being gangsters who beat people up and engage in illegal ventures.
I heard that Majima has a major change in personality from Zero to Kiwami, but I really liked him in Zero. Almost as much as Kiryu.

“Nani?”

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@KratosMD What did I just watch?!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

You've witnessed but a glimpse of the batsh*t bonkers... -ness that is the Yakuza Series.

At least... I think. I haven't played any either @RogerRoger 😂

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I never finished Yakuza Zero (it just sorta fell by the wayside), but I loved Majima's introductory scene so much. It's amazing.

The game itself was absurd and entertaining, especially in terms of the side-quest writing. One moment, I was helping a kid recover his stolen video game. The next, I was helping a young lady to find the confidence to excel at her job... as a dominatrix. Meanwhile, the main plot was like a sort of well-written 80s crime drama, complete with unrealistic battle sequences where I used my sick martial arts skills to utterly destroy giant groups of goons.

Thrillho

@RogerRoger He is probably the most over the top character in the series and that says a lot in the Yakuza games! He is batshit crazy but still an in depth character and an important part of the main Tojo clan as a patriarch of his own family.

His role changes game to game. In Kiwami 1 he is a polarising figure because of the "Majima Everywhere" system where he spends the entire game trying to fight you which involves jumping from buildings, appearing from manholes, dressing up as a zombie, and this abomination..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D13YubqWsAE4gWe?format=jpg

The "Mad Dog" is a fan favourite though and definitely one of the best characters in the game. I started with Yakuza 0 so the change to the rest of the games is a bit jarring but it must have been even weirder for people who'd played the older games first!

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic