Forums

Topic: Question: Buying PS Classics on PS Vita (or PSP) after the new PS STORE (nov 2020 onwards)

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Spanish_Bread

Hi, I just wanted to inquire to PS vita experts here about this, but let me introduce first what I knew from the articles I've read and what information I wanted to confirm.

I owned a PSP over a decade now, I do not own a Vita and PS3 (sorry I think I'm more of a retro gamer in general), but I kept on checking the PlaystationStore whenever there are new PS1 classics available for download. Bought already FF classics from origin to FF9 and other MegamanX games, and a few that are still on my wishlist waiting for a PSN sale...

However, it was just this month that I found out about the new PS Store not having the PS1 classics available for purchase on web or mobile device. Which means, I can not buy anymore PS1 classics directly from my PSP, because it only shows the tab for "my downloads", if I wanted to redownload my previously purchased games.

Also, I'm aware of linking the PSN account between PSP & PS3 (you can download games from PS3 and copy to PSP), not sure with Vita though... and I'm not sure how many devices you can link with 1 account, as far as I remember you can link upto 5 devices? please correct me if I'm wrong. Is this still a thing or it's just 1 device per account now?

My question is, can I still buy PS1 games for my PSP with this method:
1. Borrow or Buy a brand new PS VITA, buy PS1 games directly from VITA (using my PSN account) then just download it from my own PSP... Does this require linking of PSN account also?
2. How about PS1 classics availability for VITA? I've read the VITA store, some games don't show up if you search for it, is that true?

Also, does this also work for PS3? ask a friend with PS3, sign-in my PSN account then buy games from there, then download it from my PSP via the "my downloads" tab.

Sorry i don't have friends to ask about this, I do have friend who has PS4, but I doubt the connectivity between PS4 accounts and PSP accounts... i'm not sure.

Thank you!

Spanish_Bread

RogerRoger

@Spanish_Bread I'm afraid I don't know the answer to all of your questions, but I can confirm that some games have disappeared from the PS Vita's store. I recently went looking for some known PSone Classics (and digital PSP games) on there, and could only find about 65% of my list. Others didn't come up when I searched for them directly, but I later found them in a general browse.

It's a bit of a minefield. Sony aren't releasing any new PSone Classics any more, that much is certain. As with all legacy things, I guess it's only a matter of time before it's all switched off.

Sorry I can't be of any more assistance.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Spanish_Bread

@RogerRoger
Thanks for your response, now I see, it’s not that too easy to buy games I wanted in Vita store.

And yes, I remember the last game that was added to my wishlist was megaman legends 2 (around 2016), and after that no more PS1 games that I liked (or no release at all)...

Anyway thanks for your insight! I just didn’t expect that i missed the oct 2020 to buy all PS1 games I liked...i really just wanted to have copy of RE series, & Suikoden series from PS1 + other hidden gems on my psp... oh well...

Spanish_Bread

Spanish_Bread

@OrigamiCrane So no need for linking account? that's better, there's still hope for me I guess, thank you very much! I'm actually texting my friends right now who might had a VITA, because probably some of them already own just PS4 or not really into handheld console at all.

May I just request to any PS VITA users out there who still browse the vita store? Can you help me check if these PS1 games are still on store (ready for purchase)? Here's the list of games I wished I bought earlier before this new PS Store came up last October 2020:

• Megaman Legends 2
  • The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
  • Battle Hunter
  • Suikoden
  • Suikoden II
  • Vanguard Bandits
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Resident Evil 3
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Resident Evil Director's Cut
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Oddworld Abe's Exodus
  • Xenogears

There are all searchable via web browser, but because of the new PS store, you can't buy it from there, only from Vita & PS3. And I think some of these games won't show up on Vita Store right?

Spanish_Bread

WiiWareWave

Sadly I noticed some PSOne and PSP Classics are missing from the PS3 as well, meaning that you can no longer purchase them for your Vita at all.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Spanish_Bread

OrigamiCrane wrote:

Here's what you can do . Tell your friend to sign in with your account and download a PSP demo or a theme or anything that is free with his PS3 or Vita and look if it pops up on your download list

If it does then you can use that method

Just tried this one, and yes it works like a charm, however, we need to deactivate the psn acct linked to that vita before, which is just okay to him. Now I'll just load up my account and buy these games. (hopefully games are still there) Thank you very much!

@TowaHerschel7 that's unfortunate, I wish I can still see my wanted games there in Vita store eventually when me and my friend meet-up to check his vita...

Spanish_Bread

RogerRoger

@Spanish_Bread Am checking my PS Vita's store for you now. I'm in the UK, by the way. There might be some differences in other countries or regions.

Found:
Metal Gear Solid
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus (they also have Abe's Oddysee)
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Suikoden (only via direct search; not listed under PSone Classics)
Suikoden II (only via direct search; not listed under PSone Classics)

Can't Find:
Battle Hunter
Chrono Trigger
Mega Man Legends 2 (they have Maverick Hunter X as a PSP Essential)
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Resident Evil 2
Vanguard Bandits
Xenogears

So yeah, whilst there is a handy PSone Classics sub-menu right there on the front page, directly searching for the titles you're interested in seems to be more reliable. Make the most of the visit with your friend and have a proper rummage in the store. It's weird how some things are hidden.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Spanish_Bread

@RogerRoger Thank you so much for checking the games, because of that I decided that this can be done via online with friend. We didn't met but I asked him to just directly search the name of the game and so far, suikoden II and metal gear solid aren't available for purchase in my region (US)... That saves us time, thank you!

Spanish_Bread

RogerRoger

@Spanish_Bread Happy to help! Sorry to hear that some games aren't available in your region, though. Here's hoping you can at least get some of what you want!

Making It So Since 1987

Spanish_Bread

@OrigamiCrane Yeah! thanks to my friend, games are already linked to my account, I just loaded my PSN account directly from my PSP and told my friend what games to buy... and now I need to expand my memory stick to download all of them immediately as I'm assuming Sony will fully remove all playstation legacy games sooner...

here are pics:
https://ibb.co/MRzXF0f
https://ibb.co/SPkLKV4
https://ibb.co/pJjq7Kt
https://ibb.co/s3cF8nN
(hope the image shows up)

EDIT: okay, the [img][/img] code didn't work, my bad

Anyway thanks to everyone! Problem Solved!
Happy gaming and stay safe!

Edited on by Spanish_Bread

Spanish_Bread

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.