Forums

Topic: Danganronpa

Posts 241 to 260 of 435

HallowMoonshadow

Th3solution wrote:

Great thoughts on the second game and really useful for me to read because it’s been so long and they are good reminders for me about the plot and characters in preparation for V3.

Thanks @Th3solution... Glad they helped ya out a little and hoped you enjoyed reading them even if they are a smidge scattershot and more reactionary then a proper account/recap!

I didn't know there was a demo for v3... Is that only on Vita? Or is that a US thing? I don't think I saw that on the UK store on PS4 at all. Only had the option for getting some avatars I think (Though the v3 demo could be just really REALLY well hidden and I wasn't exactly looking for it lol).

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy No, I believe it’s on PS4 version as well, although I played the Vita one. On Vita I had to search under “Demos”. It comes up on the PlayStation Store when I pull up the PS4 version there is a button to buy it and then underneath there is a button “Try Free Demo”
Surely they have it available for Europe/UK as well. Too much time and effort into localizing it to not have it there too.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Apparently they did at one point from what I can tell looking around the internet @Th3solution but it's been delisted since.

I'll have to use my US account. Though I won't be able to get those rewards you seemed to have a good enough time with it that it seems to be worth a looksee!

I was going to say I don't think the release was changed between the uk/eu & the us release but looking at my box it turns out my copy of v3 does in fact come with french text at the very least... Not that I did well enough in French class to make use of it 😅

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Kidfried

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Th3solution I will start my playthrough tonight after the PS5 stream! Can't wait.

Do you have some kind of roadmap or plan for when you want to have chapter 1 finished? Would be nice to share experiences freely

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried My life tends to be so chaotic that I’m hesitant to predict a solid schedule, but perhaps a loose goal could be to do 2 chapters a week? I’m not sure I can stick to that every week but I might. At roughly 2 chapters a week then we’d be finishing in about 3 weeks. Howlongtobeat has it as 40 hrs minimum without doing extras (and I always do the extras 😅) So hopefully it’s reasonable to get it done in 3-4 weeks, depending.

I think I’ll be starting the actual game tonight as well.
It looks really good. The demo of the trial games has a mini-game I didn’t care for very much but hopefully it’s implemented better in the game. I’ll spoiler tag although it’s not really a spoiler per se, unless you want to be surprised by the new mini games. the Psyche Taxi. The car controls feels super wonky

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

I'll most likely start it Friday @Th3solution @Kidfried. No idea how much I'll get through over the weekend... Hopefully the first chapter'll be done and dusted at the very least 😅

-EDIT- I did download the demo from my US account and gave it a little look. I'll probably play that tomorrow though!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Kidfried

My life isn't chaotic at all, but I can be chaotic (or rather: lazy) myself. So loose goals seems like a thing that would work for me. Two chapters a week is perfect, and if we notice that we're faster, we just move the date ahead.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Just a heads up: this game has a REALLY long first chapter compared to the other games.

BTW, this small group Game Club thing y'all are doing is very cute. I'm a fan.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah You can be our inspirational coach!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried Definitely looking forward to interacting with y'all as you play this. It's very, very twisty.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

mookysam

It's brilliant that you're all playing this @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, @Kidfried, @Th3solution, and as @Ralizah notes it's very twisty. It even gets a bit mindf*** near the end but I enjoy that sort of stuff in fiction. 😂 It really is a stunning game and I'm excited to hear what you all think as you go through it.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

PSVR_lover

I loved Dangaronpa. It’s truely great on the PS4 and PSVITA. A true classic. I’ve played it several times and I also want to hear what people say about it.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Th3solution

@Kidfried @Ralizah @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy So I guess in honor of starting DV3, I would be remiss if I didn’t join in solidarity with a Danganronpa avatar. I figure I’d pick something from this game and I’m so early that I barely know any character very well, but besides Kaede I kinda like Kirumi for some reason. There’s something cool about her.

HallowMoonshadow

mookysam wrote:

It's brilliant that you're all playing this Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, Kidfried, Th3solution, and as Ralizah notes it's very twisty. It even gets a bit mindf*** near the end but I enjoy that sort of stuff in fiction. It really is a stunning game and I'm excited to hear what you all think as you go through it.

Ralizah wrote:

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Just a heads up: this game has a REALLY long first chapter compared to the other games.

BTW, this small group Game Club thing y'all are doing is very cute. I'm a fan.

Ahh thanks for the info coach @Ralizah! You too @mookysam! Looking forward to playing...

... I ended up playing the demo last night. Couldn't help myself. 😅

Th3solution wrote:

I figure I’d pick something from this game and I’m so early that I barely know any character very well, but besides Kaede I kinda like Kirumi for some reason. There’s something cool about her.

Kirumi is pretty cool looking @Th3solution I'll agree. I really like we have a female protagonist this time around too and from what's been shown so far Kaede's pretty neat. I quite like the magician girl too who insists she's actually a mage and can do actual magic... It's cute.

As for the guys, I think Gonta's pretty fun and I quite liked Ultimate Supreme leader too who was causing mischief.

The introductions in the demo seemed to be cut short to me though? Or at least rather brief compared to what they'll be in the actual game. And yes I've not learnt/took all the names in yet of the cast

When I beat Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc I ended up looking up it's production and stuff like that.

Seeing the first trial when it was called Distrust with toned down character designs, being set in a warehouse with a more saw like vibe and monochrome colour palate... Even reading up on the demo version for Trigger Happy Havoc where Yasuhiro died instead of Sayaka

So it was kinda cool for the v3 demo to bring back what was basically the original Trigger Happy Havoc demo trial with some 4th wall breaking.

The new mechanics are interesting. I agree with you sol regarding Pysche Taxi. Little underwhelming as a reskinned/altered Logic Dive but hopefully it'll be better implimented/more interesting in the actual game.

Hajime not being voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch though... ugh. 😧

Nothing else to really say about my thoughts on the demo seeing as it seems to be completely unrelated to what's actually in v3 other then some mechanics and the cast.

Seeing as Ral says the first chapter is especially long maybe I'll get through the prologue for v3 tonight...

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I didn’t catch that about Hajime’s voice actor change. It’s been so long it didn’t register, but something did seem off

mookysam

I think I liked most of the characters. Gonta is really cute with his love of insects. Miu Iruma cracks me up. She's so over the top with her foul mouthed insults, some of which are extremely crude.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

HallowMoonshadow

Soooo I got through the prologue of Danganronpa v3: Killing Harmony last night. I played a teeeeny bit of chapter 1 but I wasn't taking it in all that much at that point so I'll just reload my prologue fin save.

If this is starting as it means to go on... We're in for one hell of a wild ride! The whole memory beam and re-doing the opening. Seems the 4th wall breaking that was in the demo is in v3 too. Maybe not being broke like it was in the demo but it's certainly leaning on it!

Monokuma's higher pitched voice took me by surprise too. Same voice actor but I wasn't expecting him to be quite so squeaky as he got. He sounds more like normal when he does an angry voice.

The song that plays for the Monokubs (which I believe is called Rise & Shine Ursine...) is especially catchy 😅 I love the new Danganronpa theme too and the opening titles was pretty good too.

The smacking desks/things about feature is... certainly a different way to get monocoins! Shame we haven't got the pet again though I did rack up an insane amount of monocoins rather quickly with that 😂

Kidfried

I won't be home until Sunday midnight, so it will be a challenge in itself to even get Chapter 1 done before Wednesday.

I played a bit of it already, and like the characters so far and the atmosphere that is even weirder than 1 and 2. Looking forward to playing more, but I hate that I have real life friends at all sometimes.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, despite my best intentions I didn’t make much progress in the game. Playing on Vita I did note rather poor audio so quit the game to download the free DLC “HQ Audiopack” which hopefully fixes that. Awaiting the download was just enough of a diversion to derail me down a TV rabbit hole and so I will hopefully make good headway on DV3 over the weekend.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.