Forums

Topic: Welcome/Introduction Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 676

Thrillho

@TheIdleCritic God, I’d forgotten all about Crash Bash! I used to play that loads with my sister (along with CTR of course).

And I listened to The Masterplan album by Oasis this morning for the first time in years. What a ridiculous collection of songs that is for B sides, maybe only second to The Stone Roses B sides album.

Thrillho

ShaiHulud

Come to think of it, I don't think I've actually introduced myself!

I've been commenting for a couple of years on the news topics, but only recently joined the forums, which seem a lot more civil than the news comment section.

What to say? I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 but found my gaming zenith when I got an NES back in '91 (goodnes gracious). Still can't shake the habit off and mostly spend my gaming time nowadays on my PS5 (wahey) and Switch.

I live in Devon and am a self-employed translator by trade so I can slack off to these forums whenever I want. Which isn't a good thing per se I guess.

Sic semper tyrannis

Black_Swordsman

@TheIdleCritic Welcome and glad to see another fan of The Witcher 3 on here, I struggled with the DLC that accompanied that game but completed the base (vanilla) game. Anyway, it's great to see someone with such an interesting background on here, I'm very interested in film as well but I tend to like oddball movies like Dr. Strangelove or Eraserhead or something like that - what do you reckon you will play after Hitman?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@ShaiHulud I didn't give you an official welcome so here it is! We've had a bit of a chat about the SoulsBorne games on here already but this is me officially welcoming you to the site, do you think you will go back to DS3 now that you can play it in 60fps on PS5? Still want to get my hands on one of those bad boys - itching for the January sales!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

TheIdleCritic

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I'll tell you something... The Witcher 3 is probably my favourite game of last gen but... I didn't touch the controller once. I watched my wife play it through, beginning to end, all the side missions, the DLC, everything. Didn't miss a second. But the experience was so great I didn't need to be in control (I played all of the other games on the list lol).

I do like Lynch. You should read Room To Dream. Very interesting. I went off surreal/wacky since watching Terry Gilliam's Brazil, that film really didn't do it for me.

I'm not sure, there's still random titles I want to play on PS4; Ni No Kuni, NG+ playthrough of Tsushima. I'm looking forward to the first party PS5 games that are meant to come out in 2021 though, Horizon probably being the top one.

RogerRoger

Additional welcomes (belated or otherwise) to @Blooper987 @TheIdleCritic and @ShaiHulud there!

TheIdleCritic wrote:

Top 3 Bond:
Skyfall
Goldfinger
From Russia With Love

Always nice to meet a fellow Bond fan! Here's to Project 007 being a huge success!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ShaiHulud

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Cheers! I'm definitely planning on playing DS3 next year, but first up are a couple of other games. I'm currently playing through Uncharted 4, followed by the PS5 version of Devil May Cry 5, Yakuza Kiwami, and DOOM Eternal as soons as the PS5 patch is out.

@RogerRoger Thanks!

Sic semper tyrannis

SweetSummerShunv

Hello everyone!

This is Sweet Summer Shunü, and I'm a Chinese chick in denial about her imminent reaching of the dreaded level 30. I'm primarily an enthusiast tier PC gamer these days but also dabble in console gaming, primarily PlayStation. I'm currently consoleless after selling my PS4 Pro two months ago, while waitng for an official local release of the PS5 in my country so that I don't have to buy one of those scalped imports. While this account is new, my presence on PushSquare isn't, and I've recreated a new account around my real life identity this time and I aim to focus much more on positivity in gaming and beyond this time, instead of engaging endlessly in drama.

Beyond gaming and participation in this community, my passions include art, graphics, politics, sleeveless summer dresses and keeping physically fit. I'm politically very left wing and have rather strong views on many things, however I've seen the futility of internet arguments so I'll stay away from it as much as possible on this account even though I'll make my stances clear through one- or two-off posts from time to time.

Anyway enough rumbling, I look forward to restart my participation in this wondrous community on a fresh and much more positive slate. Even though PlayStation is no longer my main gaming platform, I still associate it fondly with it being my entry point to core gaming and so long as Sony's studios continue to deliver solid games, I'll be involved with this gaming ecosystem for as long as I can.

Love xx

SweetSummerShunv

nessisonett

@SweetSummerShunv Left wing? I myself am a big fan of Skidd McMarx

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

SweetSummerShunv

@nessisonett Oh dear God Ratchet and Clank was what made me get into the PlayStation ecosystem when I was a little girl lol.

PS: We've interacted before when I was using my previous account.

SweetSummerShunv

nessisonett

@SweetSummerShunv This is where I try to do the guessing game and fail miserably.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

SweetSummerShunv

@nessisonett Haha. Well then I'll cut it short then, I was SaikoWaifu2003. I'm doing a new account now because I want to distance from my excessive PC elitist past, as well as one that reflects my real life personality much more.

SweetSummerShunv

SweetSummerShunv

@LieutenantFatman Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to the new Ratchet and Clank the most. It seems like the game that's targeting the unique hardware features of the PS5 the most and will translate them into gameplay ones, and this will be the first game I'll be playing if the game comes out before I can lay my hand on a PS5.

SweetSummerShunv

ORO_ERICIUS

Good day everyone! I would like to introduce myself .
My name is Oliver Göhring. I come from the beautiful Black Forest in Germany and live there in Furtwangen. A smaller place between Villingen and Freiburg.

My main focus in the area of ​​daddling / gaming / racing is based on racing simulations in connection with nice peripherals which allow me to drive with hands and feet;).
I am 39 years old and have been playing with them since the first PC steering wheels were introduced. My debut was in 1991 with FORMULA 1 GRANDPRIX by Microprose!
It continued with GrandPrix2 and 3. At some point the time for consoles came and it became an Xbox for me. When it came up to play online with Xbox Live and compete with others, I was even more fascinated. ForzaMotorsport 1! Since then I've been involved in all parts of the Forza series and have achieved some successes in various competitions and the CSL. GT then WoH Jabba81.

Over time, however, I slowed down and at first I absolutely didn't know why. Until one day the evil awakening came. A brain tumor.
I have now defeated him and have returned to my level! I AM BACK! : D

Recently I gave up with Microsoft and joined the beautiful world of the PS5.

I am happy to be here now and to be able to attend this community. To a good, fair and quick one! :cheers:

Edited on by ORO_ERICIUS

ORO_ERICIUS

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic