Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,094

Kidfried

Unpopular opinion: the combat in Yakuza is actually not great at all. Yes, it can feel satisfying, but it's not good gameplay. It's unbalanced, there's a lack of enemy variety, the controls are slow, dodging is dodgy and winning fights basically means always doing the exact same combo. Also, just having a lot of items will get you through any fight.

L3GTRIGA

I don't like Horizon Zero Dawn.
Spider-man should have been GOTY with GOW
Gamepass is overrated.
PS4 exclusives should come on PC.
Uncharted 2 to 4 are perfect stories with super fun gameplay and 4 even had relatability.
COD,FIFA,HALO are far from fun even factions is better.
Assasin's Creed is a really bad franchise.
We need a AAA detective game which require us to use brains more and less guns.
All ps exclusives are NOT same-y.
Almost all game critics are corrupt.

Multiplayers are mostly toxic.
Gameplay and graphics balance is more important than frame rates with everything washed out.

Edited on by L3GTRIGA

L3GTRIGA

TheIdleCritic

The Order: 1886 is one of the best games of this generation and still one of the best looking.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a boring, tedious, self indulgent sludge of a game.

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

TheIdleCritic

PSN: TheIdleCritic

L3GTRIGA

fuzzy833 wrote:

Regarding Kratos - he's the god of war! He's supposed to be great! I adored his character and the interactions with Boy and Head.

He is a male GOD not modern times, setting of the game with his interactions with his son were awesome. I had never thought that I would see Kratos talk to dead person he loves, sorry if i am being rude or bashing but Kratos is not a 1d character anymore.

L3GTRIGA

TheFrenchiestFry

@TheIdleCritic That is a HOT freaking take

I can agree on RDR 2 being self indulgent, especially when it gives you a large open world but it still wants you to do objectives in very specific ways which takes away from player choice and freedom, but Order 1886 was literally just a movie with QTE sequences to me. I'd barely call it a game at all.

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

TheIdleCritic

@TheFrenchiestFry Haha. I'm aware. In fact, the last time I played it, a couple of friends were over and we just turned it into a movie night where I played it to completion. But there's something about it, I don't know, the vibe, the script, the visuals, the score. I love it. There are better games (some would say almost every other game is better), but The Order has been the most memorable for me.

As for RDR2, I couldn't even complete it, I ended up trading it back in. Looks nice and has little flourishes with its details, but... didn't keep my attention.

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

TheIdleCritic

PSN: TheIdleCritic

Arugula

Killzone Shadow Fall is the best game Guerrilla have made. And I prefer 3rd over 1st person perspective.

Edited on by Arugula

Arugula

nessisonett

I guess this is unpopular but Uncharted 4 is the best game in the series imo. Some people seem to prefer 2 but 4 has more solid gameplay, a more grounded story and doesn’t have bloody bullet-sponge supernatural monsters. It has its faults but so much of it is improved from the older games.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry In terms of home consoles, it’s still got my favourite games. I’d say Wii was the best though since it plays Cube games too. I’d say 3DS is my favourite Nintendo console/handheld due to having an insane library and incredibly comfortable controls. Loads of people hate on the GameCube but just a look at its library shows how many brilliant games there were.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Kidfried

Well, the GameCube had these enormous droughts of games. The system has a few all time classics for sure, but you can play most of those within a year time.

I love the GameCube, it was actually the first console that I owned myself and it has some of my favorites, but it doesn't have this vast library of classics or anything, like the SNES or the PS4 did.

I'll defend the Cube till my death, but you'll never hear me say it's the best home console.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Kidfried Honestly even the PS4 couldn't really escape the drought issue for at least a year. I didn't get one until Bloodborne was around the corner and before that the only game that really piqued my interest was Persona 5 but there were very few exclusives on that console for a while that just didn't interest me.

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Kidfried It's definitely my favorite console of the generation although the Switch is in a very close second. They still have yet to top PS2 though imo.

TheFrenchiestFry

Thrillho

@Kidfried Which of the Yakuza games have you played so far? I agree that the combat is pretty limited but at least Zero gave you multiple styles. Y4 mixes it up the most with the four protagonists all having their own styles.

Thrillho

BowTiesAreCool

Games aren't as expensive as they could (should?) be and we are all spoilt children for complaining about the reported rise of PS5 games. Sonic the Hedgehog for the Mega Drive cost £44.99. In 1992. Streets of Rage £44.99, Ecco the Dolphin £39.99 etc etc. These are all for 3 hour experiences, too. We have been so lucky that game prices have spent three decades not rising for inflation.

A game you spend £100 on is worth it if you only 20 hours on it.

BowTiesAreCool

nessisonett

@BowTiesAreCool Hard disagree. Games are luxuries, not commodities. Commodities rise in price due to inflation at a different rate from luxuries. So we’ve seen increases in the price of bread and milk over the last 30 years. However, luxuries are priced accordingly with the economic health at the time, which is why these ‘adjusted for inflation’ calculations are absolutely pointless. Think about it, when inflation and living costs rise, the demand for luxuries decreases as they are optional purchases. Therefore, they have no choice but to make them cheaper. There’s also the fact that cartridges were a whole lot more expensive to produce than discs are, and now digital downloads have virtually zero overheads. With the world careening into the canyon of economic downturn once again, next-gen games are increasing in price at the absolute worst time and all we’ll see are heavy sales and second-hand purchases as purses tighten. Plus the absolute gall of equating $70 with £70. They aren’t even close to the same price but we’re stuck with a much heavier price increase. $70 would be £53 roughly, which is what we already pay. £70 is roughly $91, which plainly isn’t fair. If the price increase was priced accordingly across currencies, there honestly wouldn’t even be a problem.

Constable_What

Destiny was never ever a good game. People by and large just have addictive tendencies and have fooled themselves into thinking it's good.

Constable_What

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic