Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,285

TheFrenchiestFry

@TheIdleCritic That is a HOT freaking take

I can agree on RDR 2 being self indulgent, especially when it gives you a large open world but it still wants you to do objectives in very specific ways which takes away from player choice and freedom, but Order 1886 was literally just a movie with QTE sequences to me. I'd barely call it a game at all.

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

TheIdleCritic

@TheFrenchiestFry Haha. I'm aware. In fact, the last time I played it, a couple of friends were over and we just turned it into a movie night where I played it to completion. But there's something about it, I don't know, the vibe, the script, the visuals, the score. I love it. There are better games (some would say almost every other game is better), but The Order has been the most memorable for me.

As for RDR2, I couldn't even complete it, I ended up trading it back in. Looks nice and has little flourishes with its details, but... didn't keep my attention.

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

nessisonett

I guess this is unpopular but Uncharted 4 is the best game in the series imo. Some people seem to prefer 2 but 4 has more solid gameplay, a more grounded story and doesn’t have bloody bullet-sponge supernatural monsters. It has its faults but so much of it is improved from the older games.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry In terms of home consoles, it’s still got my favourite games. I’d say Wii was the best though since it plays Cube games too. I’d say 3DS is my favourite Nintendo console/handheld due to having an insane library and incredibly comfortable controls. Loads of people hate on the GameCube but just a look at its library shows how many brilliant games there were.

Kidfried

Well, the GameCube had these enormous droughts of games. The system has a few all time classics for sure, but you can play most of those within a year time.

I love the GameCube, it was actually the first console that I owned myself and it has some of my favorites, but it doesn't have this vast library of classics or anything, like the SNES or the PS4 did.

I'll defend the Cube till my death, but you'll never hear me say it's the best home console.

Kidfried

TheFrenchiestFry

@Kidfried Honestly even the PS4 couldn't really escape the drought issue for at least a year. I didn't get one until Bloodborne was around the corner and before that the only game that really piqued my interest was Persona 5 but there were very few exclusives on that console for a while that just didn't interest me.

TheFrenchiestFry

Kidfried

@TheFrenchiestFry Absolutely. PS4 had a rough start; 2014 was a lousy year in gaming.

(I don't think PS4 is the best console ever; though it might be Sony's best)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

TheFrenchiestFry

@Kidfried It's definitely my favorite console of the generation although the Switch is in a very close second. They still have yet to top PS2 though imo.

TheFrenchiestFry

Thrillho

@Kidfried Which of the Yakuza games have you played so far? I agree that the combat is pretty limited but at least Zero gave you multiple styles. Y4 mixes it up the most with the four protagonists all having their own styles.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Thrillho 0, K1, K2, Judgment.

I actually really liked the combat in 0, I even did those Amon fights and such. But 1, 2 and Judgment were pretty lame!

Kidfried

BowTiesAreCool

Games aren't as expensive as they could (should?) be and we are all spoilt children for complaining about the reported rise of PS5 games. Sonic the Hedgehog for the Mega Drive cost £44.99. In 1992. Streets of Rage £44.99, Ecco the Dolphin £39.99 etc etc. These are all for 3 hour experiences, too. We have been so lucky that game prices have spent three decades not rising for inflation.

A game you spend £100 on is worth it if you only 20 hours on it.

BowTiesAreCool

nessisonett

@BowTiesAreCool Hard disagree. Games are luxuries, not commodities. Commodities rise in price due to inflation at a different rate from luxuries. So we’ve seen increases in the price of bread and milk over the last 30 years. However, luxuries are priced accordingly with the economic health at the time, which is why these ‘adjusted for inflation’ calculations are absolutely pointless. Think about it, when inflation and living costs rise, the demand for luxuries decreases as they are optional purchases. Therefore, they have no choice but to make them cheaper. There’s also the fact that cartridges were a whole lot more expensive to produce than discs are, and now digital downloads have virtually zero overheads. With the world careening into the canyon of economic downturn once again, next-gen games are increasing in price at the absolute worst time and all we’ll see are heavy sales and second-hand purchases as purses tighten. Plus the absolute gall of equating $70 with £70. They aren’t even close to the same price but we’re stuck with a much heavier price increase. $70 would be £53 roughly, which is what we already pay. £70 is roughly $91, which plainly isn’t fair. If the price increase was priced accordingly across currencies, there honestly wouldn’t even be a problem.

Constable_What

Destiny was never ever a good game. People by and large just have addictive tendencies and have fooled themselves into thinking it's good.

Constable_What

BowTiesAreCool

@nessisonett not sure what it's like in America (? just guessing with the dollar sign, apologies if not). So if we're chraged £70 you'd be charged $70?

I get what you mean and it is a luxury, albeit less of one as per the mega increased popularity since, but I'm still paying the same amount of physical money for a game as my mum paid for me thirty years ago.

BowTiesAreCool

TheFrenchiestFry

@Constable_What I'm pretty sure that was the general consensus at launch lmao

It's a fun game with cool gunplay but the content it actually offered was extremely meager considering other looter RPGs like Borderlands or even Bungie's previous games.

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@BowTiesAreCool I’m in the UK too, it’s more that America get a much better deal! Sony have put prices at £70 and $70, which just isn’t the same price. We’re paying almost £20 more in terms of value, which is an absolute disgrace. I understand that VAT is included in our price whereas they have to bizarrely calculate their own but even then, we’re paying £6 more. It’s nonsense. And then physical games are often cheaper despite physical games having production overheads and digital games don’t. There are so many problems with the current system already and it’s just being exacerbated by this price increase. The point about it being a luxury isn’t trying to say that only rich people can play games, it’s that it’s an optional purchase, therefore is classed as a luxury product under UK law. The thing is, the video game industry in the UK is worth more than film and music combined, and that’s at the current pricing system. To still increase it, that’s just greedy considering that many families will be struggling for the next few years due to Covid. Especially since Nintendo have abandoned their affordable reputation with the Switch. My GameCube was roughly £130 at launch which even now is an incredible deal. The Wii as well was under £200 and that was before the financial crash. You can maybe get three Switch games from the eShop for the same price that the GameCube cost, taking inflation into account.

Kidfried

@nessisonett I made a point out of never complaining to not live in the USA. I'd rather pay 10 euro more for a video game than live in a third world country like that. Heck, with everything going on, they probably need games as an escape from reality more than we do

Comparing prices for one thing with something in another country doesn't make sense anyway. There's a lot less poverty here, eating healthy is less expensive over here compared to the USA, healthcare stuff, etc.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic