Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 4,463

LtSarge

@colonelkilgore Yeah, I just finished watching the season finale and they remind you towards the end of it that it would happen, which I forgot about. Absolutely crazy though!

@JohnnyShoulder I can just imagine it. It definitely has to be one of the most impactful and memorable episodes of any TV show I think. I mean, it got its own nickname so it had to have had an impact on a lot of people.

So I just finished watching the last episode of season 3 and I just got to say that I think it's awesome that they always end off a season with Daenerys Targaryen. I think they did it in season 2 as well, not sure though. But yeah, her storyline is definitely the highlight of the show for me. It could almost be like its own series at this point, lol. It's crazy how far she's come from season 1; a frail princess constantly getting harassed by her own brother to becoming pretty much a demigod who's worshiped by thousands of people, who aren't even her own people. Quality character development if I've ever seen one. It's going to be so awesome to eventually see her in action.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou it might be something to do with the whole HBO/HBO Max thing. Sky have a deal to show all HBO programming but anything produced specifically for HBO Max has to be set up in a subsequent deal… I think Sky still get the first refusal though. It’s why Raised by Wolves took a couple of months to turn up on Sky.

I’ll keep my eye out as it will probably end up on Sky eventually 👍

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou ahh no way… I actually quite liked it… in a weird, very unique sort of way. I get that it wasn’t for everyone though.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou yeah ‘indulgent’ is a word that definitely strikes a chord when I remember back to it. It’s difficult for me to pinpoint exactly what it was that made me like it as it was a few months back now… but I liked the androids… I found them really funny in a strange cute-yet-terrifying way. I also quite liked the lore that was hinted at, it definitely felt like there is a great deal more to expose in that regard… and just the darkness (both aesthetically and totally) of it all. I am a right soft-touch for dark subject matter (as well as Metropolis-like visuals).

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LtSarge

Well I just got done watching an episode of GoT where an oversized man literally squished the head of a regular man with his own two hands until it exploded like a watermelon. Bloody hell man, this series is so freaking intense.

And for the record, I feel like I'm understanding a bit of how GoT twists work now. Whatever you typically expect will happen (like you would in other shows), expect the opposite.

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge Oh nooooo, I remember that one and it was a shame!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

@nessisonett Yeah, most definitely. I liked him a lot, not only because he's a great actor who's also starred in two other shows I really like (Narcos and The Mandalorian), but also that he was becoming a very interesting character in general. Truly a shame!

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@LtSarge Ah yes, that scene I was properly gutted over! I really liked the setup and build up to that though.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

NedStarksGhost

@LtSarge yep, that one was horrendous. I think everyone was devastated.

watching Oberyn circle around the injured mountain in a fight he's all but won but not confirming the kill... You just get more and more anxious until The Mountain finally gets his hand on him and you know, it's over... Sat there for 5/10 minutes after just in shock

NedStarksGhost

LtSarge

@JohnnyShoulder Indeed! I was very impressed by what I saw.

@NedStarksGhost Same here, once again I spent like five minutes absolutely speechless afterwards, even if I kinda knew that would happen. I think the brutality of the scene was something I did not expect.

So I just finished season 4 of GoT and man, I think this has been the best season so far. So many things happened and each episode was very gripping from beginning to end. I'm really glad that Joffrey and Tywin Lannister died considering both of them killed Ned and Rob Starke respectively. Justice has finally been served. I'm also very interested to see how Daenerys will train her dragons because I think that will be the focus of season 5, at least in the beginning. Moreover, I'm hoping that Aya will finally become a badass warrior in season 5. But yeah, the last few episodes that took place at the Wall were really cool. The battle with the wildlings was incredible, for example that part where the giant shot an arrow through a guy who then flew and landed on the other side of the wall, and that part where the wildlings were climbing the Wall and the Knight's Watch dropped an anchor that slid across the entire wall and decapitated them. Like holy crap that was awesome. Then when you think all hope is lost, hundreds of soldiers came riding in out of nowhere and during all that time I was like "Where the hell did they come from?!" and of course, it was freaking Stannis' troops. I'm at least glad that John Snow is safe, he's become one of my favourite characters now.

Well, after four seasons I think I can say that Game of Thrones has become one of my favourite TV shows of all time now. Each season, even each episode is of such high quality and so gripping. It also tries to break away from typical TV show conventions of having predictable outcomes and it mostly succeeds. What a phenomenal show it has been so far!

LtSarge

HallowMoonshadow

Wow you're really tearing through the series... Last time I saw your post about it you'd just got through the first season @LtSarge.

I see you couldn't resist the allure of carrying on with it!

Good to hear you're enjoying it immensely though! Honestly I'm getting pretty tempted into watching it again myself after all your gushing about it! 😄

The wildling attack is a great episode with some really nice camera work throughout (That pan shot of the courtyard in particular must've took a lot of work to get the timing right).

Hopefully you continue to really enjoy the series!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

LtSarge

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Well, that's because the show is so good! I think if a show is able to capture and maintain your interest for this long without breaking it even once then it's a sign of a phenomenal show. I'm constantly impressed by how it manages to stay unpredictable, not many shows are able to do that. Not to mention that it always keeps you yearning for more. Like nothing gets completely wrapped up at the end of a season, there are still so many things that have yet to happen. Moreover, the show always respects your time by having only ten episodes per season and there's basically very little filler. There's always development happening, compared to other shows that have 15-20 episodes and a lot of filler. I just want to see all the major events and that's what we're getting from GoT, which is awesome. I personally believe that if other shows trimmed down all the filler, they would become much better shows in general. Quality over quantity as they say!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@LtSarge Just imagine only being able to watch one episode a week! In way it was a good thing, as everyone was at the same place, but some weeks felt so long waiting for the next episode.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

LtSarge

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah that kinda sucks because so much stuff happens in each episode that even waiting a week between each episode would make you forget quite a lot. And the waiting itself probably sucked as well of course.

I can't imagine though watching this show across multiple years because they're referencing stuff that happened way long ago in the first few seasons. Even I'm forgetting stuff that happened early on and I've been watching the show for the past two weeks. For example, when Joffrey dismissed the old guy from the King's Guard, he sailed across the Narrow Sea and found Daenerys and joined her. In the episode where he joins her, I had no idea that that was the guy from the King's Guard until later on when one of the characters pointed out bad stuff that Joffrey had done and I thought "OOOOOH it's that guy! I'd completely forgotten all about him", lol.

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@LtSarge Yeah there is a lot of that! Half the stuff I didn't even realise until someone pointed it out or it was made obvious in the show. 😂

LtSarge

I just got a mail from HBO Nordic saying that the upgrade to HBO Max will be implemented on the 26th of October here in Sweden. This means on top of the content already on Nordic, there will tons more added as part of Max. As if I don't have enough to watch already, lol. But yeah, it's so awesome, HBO truly is an amazing service.

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@LtSarge It will be interesting to see if any shows are no longer on the service, as i think some of the shows which you mentioned are on HBO Nordic are now on Disney+.

LtSarge

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah I did notice that some Marvel movies/shows are still on HBO. Hopefully they aren't removing the shows because I haven't watched any of them yet.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just finished watching season 5 of Game of Thrones and man, the season finale really bummed me out. Really sad to see John Snow die, even worse to get backstabbed by his own "brothers". Once again, GoT pulls off something that you wouldn't expect, even though it has been flagged on numerous occasions. It just seemed like he would be there when the army of the dead attacked again considering it was revealed that his sword could stop Whitewalkers. However, it was even more sad to see what happened to Stannis. Like holy crap man, half of his soldiers deserted him, then he burned his daughter alive, then his wife hanged herself, then the rest of his army was pretty much butchered by the Bolton's army and finally he was killed by Bryan (the female knight) as revenge because he used blood magic to kill his own brother. Those few episodes were truly brutal and it was so freaking sad to see him burn his own daughter alive. I have to admit though, this was a great season in terms of how much humiliation Cersei Lannister suffered. I truly hate her and she got what she deserved for trying to toy with Margaery Tyrell. Overall though, it does feel like the episodes are getting poorer, especially in the case of Daenerys' storyline. Before I used to be excited for her next scene and now it's just politics and conspiracies with her as well as she decided to stay in Meereen instead of sailing to Westeros. Definitely a huge letdown, but hopefully that changes in the next season.

So yeah, I've finally arrived at the first "poor season" of the show, i.e. season 6. I did watch the first episode and didn't feel like it was significantly different but maybe it gets worse down the line. Still enjoying the show a lot in general so far so that's a good sign!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic