Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 2,581 to 2,600 of 4,481

LtSarge

@JohnnyShoulder That's actually one reason why I regret not having watched the show much earlier. A lot of my classmates back in upper secondary school were always talking about that show. I was listening to the Rooster Teeth podcast at the time and they were constantly gushing about it as well. Not to mention all other conversations I've excluded myself from since then because I still hadn't watch the show. Probably would've had some good discussions if I had only watched it earlier. Can't imagine there being that many people left today who are still interested in watching the show but haven't at this point!

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Your excitement might motivate me to jump back in. I think I abandoned the series at season 4. I was about 2 seasons behind and still enjoying it but then I kept hearing how the series got worse and worse and then the finale just was torched by fans and critics alike so it took the wind out of it for me. But I’ve always wondered if I should go back.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution Like some people have said before, I think it's for the best to just watch the show yourself and form your own opinion of whether the rest of the seasons are good or not. I tend to agree and at this point I do want to watch through all the seasons. Even if it turns out they're bad, at least I got to experience it firsthand so that I won't regret it in the future. It might even be the case that the previous seasons were just too good and the later ones simply couldn't match them but they're still good. Either way, only one way to find out!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @LtSarge I'm probably in the minority and didn't have as many issues with some of the later seasons as others. It was only the last two or three episodes of the final season I had any real problems with. Of course, there were episodes I didn't enjoy as much but you will find that with any long standing series.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Keith_Zissou Yeah I don't understand the whole let's start a petition for absolutely everything that is the trend these days.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RR529

Kandagawa Jet Girls (HiDive via VRV) - A sickly sweet, and extremely fanservicy, anime about groups of high school girls who race in slightly sci-fi jet ski races.

A tie in to the game of the same name (or vice versa), and created by the Senran Kagura guy, so you can kinda guess what to expect. Pure fluff, but can be fun in a very guilty pleasure kind of way.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LtSarge

Just finished watching season 2 of Game of Thrones. Much better than the first season! There are so many characters and kingdoms to keep track of now and I love it. I just enjoy getting immersed in a vast universe and while I certainly don't remember most people's names, I'm having no trouble keeping up with the story since it's so freaking good. I used to watch 1-2 episodes a day when I first started watching the show and today I watched like 4-5 episodes. Haven't been in a binge watching mood for a long time.

The second to last episode of season 2 was phenomenal (the one where King's Landing is invaded and the Lanisters have to repel the attack with the Wildfire), I was at the edge of my seat for the entire episode. At this point I'm more interested in the Lanisters than the Starks, especially Peter Dinklage's character, who is probably my favourite character right now. I just love how clever and fair he is, unlike the rest of the Lanisters. There are so many arcs going on now that I can't even imagine how season 3 is going to be like. No wonder people love this show as each season just keeps getting better and better.

Can't wait to start up season 3 tomorrow!

LtSarge

LtSarge

@JechtUltima I mean, yeah I think it's obvious at this point that the show will get worse because when a show tries to one-up the previous season, it will eventually reach a point where it just stops getting better. Considering how everything is leading up to so many major events ever since the first season, I just can't imagine how they will top things once those events are done. Maybe that's the issue, that the show was going for an approach with multiple storylines instead of saving some of those storylines for later seasons. For example, instead of introducing us to Emilia Clarke's character and her dragons in the first two seasons, they should've just saved her storyline for later. Although maybe the show wouldn't have been as good if they did that. I just feel like they went through all their ideas right from the beginning instead of saving some of them.

Although I do remember now people saying that the later seasons became worse due to the show writers not following the books anymore because George R.R. Martin hadn't released the next one yet. Well either way, it cannot be helped now.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@JechtUltima I blame Disney!

nessisonett

Big trailer for The Wheel of Time, which I still can’t believe they’re actually adapting. It’s Amazon so probably won’t be any good but we’ll see.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

I'm almost halfway through season 3 of GoT now and I think Emilia Starke's character has overtaken Peter Dinklage's as my favourite (also apologies if I say the actors' names, I just don't remember their full character names lol). I'm always looking forward to watching her scenes and the episode I just got done watching (episode 4) was simply incredible. She took over the slave army, got to keep her dragons, burned the slave master alive and released the slaves to become free men, what a bloody awesome episode! I truly believe she is the quintessential character of the show. She's the strongest, fiercest, yet still the kindest person of all the characters in the show. I genuinely can't wait to see how her character will keep developing throughout the rest of season 3 and beyond.

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

Just finished The Great and I can’t stress enough what a ‘great’ show it is. Very Blackadder in tone and dark humour… and although it’s obviously set in Russia (it’s the story of Catherine the Great) it is incredibly ‘British’. I can not wait for season 2!

**** DLC!

LtSarge

I'm almost done with season 3 of GoT but I just finished watching the episode which I think is the Red Wedding one everyone is talking about. It's not called that but I don't know what else I would describe what I just saw. Just to make sure as to avoid spoilers, it's the one where Rob Stark and others died after his uncle's wedding. I literally sat in silence for an entire 10 minutes afterwards not knowing what to think. That was totally unexpected, I never imagined that they would kill off so many major characters at once. Granted, it's the end of the season but still. And to be fair, Rob's storyline was becoming incredibly dull throughout most of the season. Barely anything happened in his storyline. Anyway, the question now is what the hell is going to happen with the North now that everything is in disarray. But yeah, holy crap man, that's one way to end off a season. I'm still so dumbfounded after all of that, I think I'm going to need to lay down and contemplate for a while.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LtSarge

@colonelkilgore @NedStarksGhost The thing is that nobody could've seen that coming. Absolutely nobody. I've watched so many TV series that I now have an easier time to determine who's going to die and who's going to live because it's typically the same kinds of people in all shows. However, the reason why it's much harder with Game of Thrones is simply because the show has such a huge amount of characters that they can get away with killing pretty much anyone since there are plenty of other storylines that will continue on anyway. But yeah, that was truly a very impactful episode.

Also, I remember back in upper secondary school that one of my classmates who loved GoT was constantly saying "The Lanisters send their regards" and I never got the meaning behind that phrase. Well after the Red Wedding, I finally understand now, lol.

LtSarge

NedStarksGhost

@colonelkilgore oh that's cool I'll check that out later!

@LtSarge great summary. One of the main reasons it got so popular was that nobody felt safe, it hooked you for that reason. And, as you say, you could never have predicted that. One of the best moments of TV I have ever watched.

NedStarksGhost

colonelkilgore

@LtSarge in fairness Martin is a master of setting things up in a way that even the most experienced consumer of entertainment won't see it coming… as for all intents and purposes, Robb was set up as a great future leader and hero but the true genius of the author is when you watch it through a second time (a year or two down the road) he did actually 'flag' it.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@LtSarge Yeah that certainly is the one. Remember going into work the next day, and no one knew what to say to each other.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic