Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,384

themcnoisy

So Leicester drew at Old Trafford making a slight slip by Tottenham lose them the title.

Huge game, pity its overshadowed by the heroics of Ding in the Snooker World Championships A reported 500 million people have tuned into the game from China!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Anchorsam_9

@themcnoisy: I don't usually watch snooker but I've been following it this time around. It's crazy to imagine that almost half of China's population are watching!

Also, Liverpool's match. Awful awful awful. I get that we played a team of youngsters, and I get that we've lost Sakho, Can, Henderson, and Origi, but with the team we played yesterday we could've at least earned a draw. Our defence was all over the place, Brad Smith (who's usually a really promising player) was practically nowhere, and Jordan Ibe seems to have regressed over the past couple months. I'm really worried for Thursday now.

I'm just glad I watched my local non-league club get promoted on Saturday, much better atmosphere and the tickets were only £3!

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

themcnoisy

Champions

Leicester City

🏆

Ranieri is a genius, I couldn't manage that in Footy Manager with cheats.

themcnoisy

@Kyroki: Everyone loves an underdog - except when the underdog beats you......

Its a great story, there are only a handful of underdog stories on this scale in the history of Football - such as Nottingham Forests rise to European champions in the 70s or Denmark winning the Euros, both for me are bigger than Leicesters achievement - but not by much.

Well done Leicester - But no they wont win the season next year.

Everton are gonna do it!

Bazza78

@Kyroki: no time for sour grapes. Leicester deserved it. Show some humility . They won the title without spending big money. They deserve respect. You're obviously a North london born an bred supporter so i can understand you being upset.

Edited on by Bazza78

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

cloudrunner64

Some happy happy people in my city right now. Never thought i would see this in my lifetime. Good times

PSN cloud_runner64

themcnoisy

Manchester City are out meaning an all Spanish European Cup Final...... again.

I do wish teams from the same country were forced to play each other earlier in the knockouts. Its boring, we well as may be watching La Liga. I doubt I will even look for the score.

On another note, there could still be an all Spanish Europa League final..... Oh no.

Victor_Meldrew

@Tasuki you locked out a thread that was discussing FIFA the video games rating system for players and teams and how it'll affect overall gameplay and diverted people to a general discussion thread about soccer...

Victor_Meldrew

usb

Leciester have shown what team spirit and a good manager can achieve. No matter what happens for the next 30 years with the club their story will be told. There was a point where I would have liked seeing Spurs win the title but after seeing how they played against Chelsea I was happy Leicester got the title. The manager was out of order going on the pitch and probably 3 playes should have been sent off. The referee and lines people had a terrible night and it was not a good example of the Premiere League. Rose apologised without apologising. Saying sorry for how it looked on the camera.

Next season we will go back to the staus quo of the teams that spend the most money on wages and transfer being in the top 4. Arsenal fans will moan about Wenger who never wins the league but does get them in the champions league every season. Not many teams have that kind of consistency.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

themcnoisy

@dryrain:
I thought the Chelsea v Tottenham game was brilliant. But it crossed the line on multiple occasions.

Will Liverpool win tonight? I think the score will be 2-1.

usb

@themcnoisy yeah the game and action was good but poor discipline let Spurs down. Being up for a game is great but that passion needs to be controlled.

usb

Anchorsam_9

@themcnoisy: Boy I hope so. I'm thinking a draw, but as long as Can is fit and Sturridge is playing then we should be OK, providing we don't have any defensive problems

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

BAMozzy

Another great European night at Anfield - 3-0 victory taking LFC into the Final!!! Come on you REDS!!!!

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your hearts and you'll never walk alone!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Bazza78

Superb, we destroyed villareal with ease!

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

themcnoisy

Well done Liverpool, enjoy the final.

I have no idea how your club continually does well, any thoughts?

BigP

Pretty buzzing on Liverpool in the final! Champions league if they win it aswell, not sure we would be ready for it if we won of course... @Kyroki: I reckon Mahrez, Vardy etc will stay but not sure about Kante as he does have a buyout clause I've heard. Don't see why they wouldn't want another year with Champions league unless they want ridiculous money.

BigP

usb

I think the majority of the players will stay. There is even more crazy money in the premiere league next year so all the players whether good or bad will be negoiating big pay rises. Leicester are collectively good as a team and they play the right way to suit the players they have. If the players move they are taking a risk because not many other team will play to that players strength. They will be going to an established team and will have to fit in. Even if they sell players Leciester seem to have a good scouting setup and know the types of players that will fit in the squad

usb

BAMozzy

@PostmanPatinator: Getting to next seasons Champions League can change our 'summer'. The extra money that brings and the fact that LFC can offer CL football could change our transfer aspirations and chances. For example they are linked with Goetz - Why would he want to sign for LFC if they can't offer CL football like Dortmund? The extra money could also make a difference in who LFC target - it could make a difference between who they keep and who they sell. Klopp could well attract a higher calibre of player but without the finances or the chance to play on the biggest stage - CL, it could be a more difficult summer. Our 'squad' is definitely not ready or good enough in depth to play CL and be competitive in the EPL too.

Its clear that the big guns, on their day, can beat anyone. The depth and quality though isn't there. I know they have been hampered by injuries and will end playing more matches than any other EPL team. Origi, although hit a great vein of form, isn't a 'great' scorer - more likely to go weeks without scoring - something he has done throughout his career so far but he is still very young. Ings hasn't really had a chance to show what he offers and Sturridge will always have 'injury' concerns over him - He certainly won't play the majority of a season. To win the EPL you need at least 1 striker that will score 20+. Mignolet has made mistakes too and Ward, I don't think is 'ready' yet to step up. If certain players aren't fit though, we have struggled - look at the difference Can made last night - and Sturridge too. Lovren was immense and Kolo played his part but is showing his age.

Winning the Europa can change our summer and help us be in a position to challenge for a top 4 as well as 'compete' in the CL - probably more so than Leicester. Klopp has done well with an 'average' squad and we have seen improvements in a number of players that people were questioning - Lovren, Lallana...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Anchorsam_9

@BAMozzy @PostmanPatinator I'm so happy we actually managed to get to the final! This has easily been one of the most exhausting and entertaining seasons in my history of watching Liverpool - I never expected to get this far in the Europa League, so that's all down to Klopp's excellent managing. I really hope we win!

Emre Can was easily the best player last night. Not only did most of the plays and passing moves go through him, but he also did a really good job of covering Toure and Lovren, as well as winning a load of tackles and interceptions. He's starting to become one of our most important players, and I didn't realise how much we missed him until now.

Firmino was excellent too. He wasn't good in the first leg, but he gave the defenders a real hard time and created so many chances - he got hat-trick of assists! Lallana and Clyne both did well too - our right side is looking really strong both defensively and offensively, and they're always at the forefront of counter-attacks. Lallana in particular always keeps possession and works his way into the box.

I think we should play another youth squad against Watford, not only to rest our players but also to prepare for next week's game against Chelsea and the final after that

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic