Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 2,223

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett honestly I hope not, although I miss late 90s and early 2000’s trance I am not sure I fancy a full blown resurgence. And if it brings us closer to a resurgence of the indie bo*locks we had to suffer in the 00’s that’s even worse!

Saw a group of young girls in crop tops and bell bottoms today though so maybe it’s too late. Can’t even grow a full head of hair anymore so crimping is out, too.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

render

Really into the new Jon Hopkins + ANNA track - Deep In The Glowing Heart. I'm wasn't aware of ANNA but going to check out some of her other work.

render

kyleforrester87

@render Ah it's not bad. I don't love it, I dunno. Maybe it will grow on me. I have been a bit off Jon Hopkins the last couple of years somehow. That Asleep Version of Immunity is cool though.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

render

@kyleforrester87 It took me a few listens. I think listening to it on my speaker setup with a bit of volume helped. I'm with you on that version of Immunity though, amazing track anyway but with King Creosote it just really lifts it and is as good as anything on Diamond Mine.

render

Thrillho

@render @kyleforrester87 I really like the track too. His most recent album was a bit left field for me.

A new Rival Consoles track recently too!

The recent album by Tourist is pretty good from a similar vibe.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho First listen of that Rival Consoles track and it's typically them, sounds really punchy. Really like it! Thanks for the recommend on Tourist, I'll have a listen.

render

Thrillho

The new Bartees Strange album is really good too. Such a mix of styles to it, particularly across tracks.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

nessisonett

Muse releasing their new album in NFT form because of course they are.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LN78

@nessisonett I see Matt Bellamy persists in his efforts to turn his own rectum into a hat. Helluva guitar player, though.

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 He’s what happens when Bradley Wiggins spends too much time reading conspiracy theories.

nessisonett

Found a channel that recreates electronic music like Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Kid A-era Radiohead using Super Mario 64’s soundfont. Weirdly works.

Thrillho

@render It’s a pretty eclectic line up but that’s the Erased Tapes label for you!

I’d love to see Penguin Cafe and they played at a church literally round the corner from me recently.. but on a weekend when I was away 🙄

Thrillho

johncalmc

That new Muse album is spectacularly bad. Even by their standards. It's bad at everything. The heavy songs are bad. The pop songs are bad. The Halloween song is bad bad bad. The lyrics are bad. The music is bad. Even the cover is bad. There's nothing about it that's not bad.

johncalmc

Twitter:

nessisonett

@johncalmc It got a rare ‘not good’ from Fantano which usually says a lot. I don’t agree with all the guy’s opinions but when he can’t even put a number on how bad an album is, then it’s never a good sign. “The most embarrassing rock album in recent memory” is a strong claim given that latest Green Day album. Means it joins the ranks of classics such as Kid Rock’s Bad Reputation, Danzig Sings Elvis, Nostalgia Critic’s The Wall and Corey Feldman’s Angelic 2 The Core.

johncalmc

@nessisonett It's surprisingly bad, I have to say. They've always been pushing the boundaries of taste and decency but at least they had the occasional tune you could get into, or at least one that would make you laugh at the sheer audacity of it. This one sounds like you asked an A.I. to make a Muse album.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic