Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 6,501 to 6,520 of 8,944

nessisonett

@LN78 I’m a regular viewer of TripleJump’s videos and streams, @ConfusedDude did the podcast for this site back in the day and still reviews the WWE games for PushSquare. They have a great dynamic and I highly recommend their Twitch stuff.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@LN78 Possibly, yeah, or if he'd done Superman or The Witcher, rather than both. Cavill and Tom Hardy aside, I can't say that I've got any opinions for or against any of the current frontrunners, as I haven't seen anything they've been in (but, for what it's worth, I like the look of the chap from Bridgerton, whoever he is). I have faith that it'll work out regardless.

I already have that Man from U.N.C.L.E. flick on Blu-Ray somewhere, thanks! Because I used to enjoy re-runs of the original show as a kid, I picked it up quite soon after its release, but then watched it whilst tired and distracted, so have been meaning to give it another shot. The headlines about Armie Hammer haven't exactly helped that intention, as you say, but it's only a matter of time.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

I watched Morbius. It wasn’t great.
It was far from the worst superhero movie either though, definitely miles better then Venom 2, which was just terrible.

I actually only have one complaint about it, unfortunately it’s a big one: the script is just super basic, there’s literally nothing interesting about it and not a single twist. The writing is just not there at all.

Performances and visuals where fine though

I also watched Sonic 2 and it was fun

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

I finally caught up on some films I’ve wanted to see for a while:

The Northman. I’m a little taken aback by just how straight forward it is. It’s a Viking revenge tale and not much else. With that said, it’s visuals are breathtaking, it has a pounding score and is very entertaining and Eggers has a way with period pieces that few do.

Uncharted. This was pretty much what I expected. Nothing more, nothing less. Looking forward to a sequel that hopefully takes a few more risks.

The Batman. I have to watch this one again. I loved the first 3/4 but thought the pacing went out the window in the last 1/4. I was worried that 3 hours of dark emo Batman would be a little too oppressive but was pleasantly surprised to find that not to be the case. I’m particularly blown away by the cinematography. Honestly, my biggest sticking point is that all I can hear in the main theme is Star Wars and I just can’t unhear it. It’s bad.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

LN78

Wish me luck, I'm going in! Untitled

LN78

LN78

@kyleforrester87 I will indeed. I'm waiting on a few more to add to the pile - the "Missing in Action" (Chuck Norris starring "Rambo" knockoff) films, an "American Ninja" boxset and a Stallone arm wrestling (honestly!) picture called "Over the Top". If any of these are as entertaining as "Death Wish 3" then I'm in for a treat.

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 I only know about Over The Top because of The OC and still wasn’t sure that it was actually real 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LN78

@nessisonett From the footage I've seen of it in the documentary (which is brilliant, by the way) it looks absolutely incredible. There was going to be a sequel and an action figure line and everything!

LN78

BearsEatBeets

@LN78 I believe you about 'Over the Top' because I saw many years ago, possibly when it was new. I won't spoil it for you, mostly because I remember very little about it. The American Ninja series brings back memories too. Can you get them on anything other than VHS?

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

LN78

@BearsEatBeets They're all on blu-ray! Some of them (mainly the Arrow Video releases) even have tons of extra features on them - behind the scenes, commentaries and all that good stuff. Quite surprising considering the pedigree of the films.

LN78

BearsEatBeets

@LN78 I remember liking them in my youth but I think I'd want to re-watch them before buying them. It's one area I think the streaming services could improve, with the VHS era movies. You'll have to let us know what you think of them.

Edit: Out of curiosity I looked on Amazon and there was an option for the VHS boxset at £69.95 😄

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

LN78

@kyleforrester87 I saw you mention that it was on YT before - but if it's a boobs and bullets schlockfest won't the version on there be severely censored?

LN78

LN78

@BearsEatBeets If I make it through this stack of Cannon masterworks alive then I'll be sure to report back.

LN78

kyleforrester87

@LN78 having seen it, as far as I can tell nothing has been cut - it’s actually not that gory anyway and there isn’t any nudity. It’s just.. everything else lol

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

LN78

@kyleforrester87 Those are the best kinds of bad movies - the ones made by deluded auteurs who think they are crafting a masterpiece.

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic