Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 8,907

FullbringIchigo

@jacobia yeah those are some good ones, i don't know what it is about the old Hammer films but they are still so fun to watch even today

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

HUMPERDOO

@jacobia Great picks! My favourite from those days is probably Asylum. The Hammer anthology films were spectacular (although I'm not sure if Asylum itself was Hammer or not...). Some of my other favourites from that era, with a comedic leaning admittedly, are the Phibes films with Vince Price.

HUMPERDOO

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger No problem. It's pretty cool seeing those suits up close. Although, I now noticed that there's no compartments to store anything in those utility belts.haha

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Nope! They always use the ol' gaming trick of "pulling items out of your backside" (especially in the Schumacher films; they had a dozen different grappling hooks that always just seemed to magically appear out of nowhere). All part of the escapism!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger no more silly than the 60's TV show where Batman would always have just the right thing for the job

anyone remember the Shark Repellent Bat Spray?
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

@KratosMD Have you seen any of the other The Conjuring-related films? I thought Annabelle: Creation and Annabelle Comes Home were both surprisingly good.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

I want to watch the Nun as it looked fun in trailers, but I saw a few reviews and they weren’t good. I mean it’s got 26% on RT!

Has anyone seen The Taking of Deborah Logan? It’s been on my to watch list for 3 years now.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 You know, I usually like to point out to people that a film getting panned by professional critics says nothing about its actual quality. Lots of decent films have been panned by critics these last few years, and, likewise, they've boosted a lot of trash that they thought they should be promoting for ideological reasons.

With that said, the critics are absolutely right about The Nun. It's terrible.

Edited on by Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah yeah I don’t always listen to the critics but it’s like with video games... a 3/10 on metacritic is highly likely to be a bit pants.

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@KratosMD Nothing wrong with enjoying a movie that's critically panned. I thought the setting in The Nun was quite nice and atmospheric, actually! Just wasn't a fan of the rest. But, as you pointed out, I'm an experienced viewer of horror cinema, so I'm perhaps a bit jaded.

Anyway, yeah, The Conjuring 1 & 2, all the Annabelle films, The Nun, and the Curse of La Llorona all take place in the same cinematic universe. The quality of these films is hit and miss for me, but it's impressive how big they've managed to make this franchise.

The good news is, if you liked The Nun, you ought to LOVE most of these other movies. They're all supernatural horror.

I dunno if it's on Netflix, but another movie to look out for is Lights Out, which features a very creative monster, of sorts, who can only physically manifest in the darkness. The director, David Sandberg, also directed Annabelle: Creation and, recently, acted as the director of the critically acclaimed superhero film Shazam!

@kyleforrester87 Cool. Post impressions. I've not seen it, because I tend to avoid possession flicks like the plague.

Edited on by Ralizah

jacobia

@kyleforrester87 @Ralizah The Taking Of Deborah Logan is a pretty good, from what I remember, and it’s in the found footage sub genre of horrors, which I’m quite partial to. Hope you enjoy it 👍

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

PSN: jacobia

kyleforrester87

@jacobia @Ralizah Yeah I do like found footage films too, I'm expecting it to be slightly above average, it's just been on mine and a friends watch list for so long but we never got round to seeing it. I might even end up holding on to it until Halloween now as we usually watch a few choice scary movies then, but at least it'll be ready to go.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

I saw Alita Battle Angel, it was slightly better than poor but I’m just gunna compare it to the live action Ghost in the Shell and say watch that instead, as I thought that was fairly good.

kyleforrester87

Victor_Meldrew

@kyleforrester87 alita is better imo, definitely would have been worth watching at the cinema but everyone went to watch the awful Captain marvel instead

Victor_Meldrew

FullbringIchigo

@Frigate i'm going to say it i enjoyed them but i don't think they are as great as people say they are, there is a LOT of issues with the stories for example

Batman Begins to be fair this is the best of the 3 (YEAH I SAID IT) and i don't have any real issues with this one but the whole thing with the Microwave Emitter, if it evaporates all water then why didn't it kill everyone in proximity to it, after all the human body IS at least 60% water

The Dark Knight the whole thing with Batman becoming the villain was just dumb though, he had NO need to take the blame for Harvey's actions, they could have laid all that on the Joker or just left it open and said it was an "unknown person"

and as for The Dark Knight Rises, how did Bruce lose all his money when some one went right into the exchange and stole it in front of everyone, there is NO way that would stand and why did they send the ENTIRE police force into the underground and saying that how were they even able to fight after being stuck underground for months

and how did Bruce get back to Gotham?

FullbringIchigo

@Frigate oh i still enjoy them don't misunderstand but i don't get why people call them masterpieces, they are fun, enjoyable and kick ass films but masterpieces they are not

also i didn't think Ledger's Joker was all that impressive either and could anyone really understand what Bane was saying half the time?

oh and apparently the whole thing with the Rachel Dawes character was because Katie Holmes was doing another film

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

@Frigate i do sometimes too actually

jacobia

@Fullbringlchigo Same here, Batman Begins is the best of that trilogy for me too.

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

PSN: jacobia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic