Forums

Topic: The Marvel Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 545

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 Ha yeah my exact thoughts about Iron Man.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@ralphdibny How did you feel about The Incredible Hulk? When I rewatched it a couple years ago I found it highly forgettable. It wasn’t quite as bad as people say, but it didn’t really impress either. As I recall, the post credits scene was one of the best parts.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@Th3solution not bad at all really. CGI could have been better, Liv Tyler could have been someone else, some strange dialogue here and there (it's a noughties superhero film so shoehorning odd character names into dialogue was a a thing - iron man did the same thing with "we are iron mongers Tony") but otherwise ok!

I think when I catch it on TV, I normally stick around to the end because it's better than I remember but because I sought to watch it on Saturday, it was about as good as I remembered.

See ya!

Jackpaza0508

Can I just say I love how she hulk turned intelligencia into reddit

He/Him

WanderingBullet

@AgentCooper There's a rumour that Marvel won't be able to recast any of the characters that appeared in Fox’s X-Men movies before 2025.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

CJD87

I always thought James Marsden played a really convincing Cyclops in the original movies. I appreciate that Cyclops is far from a 'fan favorite' (not like Wolverine for instance) but Marsden's delivery seemed pretty true to the character.
Both Magneto castings, Fasbender and McKellen, were also top-tier. Would love Kelsey Grammar back as Beast as well!

CJD87

KidRyan

WanderingBullet wrote:

Multiverse confirmed then?

I literally screamed at my phone when I saw this announcement...so damn excited.

Hugh Jackman will always be Wolverine/Logan to me, no matter what.

September 6th, 2024 can't get here soon enough, and they better not delay this movie.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

LN78

Speaking of interesting MCU casting decisions, rumour has it that Harrison Ford is replacing William Hurt as General Ross in the upcoming "Thunderbolts" movie - and for the foreseeable future. Apparently, this was going to be announced at the recent Disney expo until Kathleen Kennedy pulled rank in order to keep attention on the forthcoming "Indiana Jones" flick. I'm not really keen on the idea honestly - I think they should've brought back Sam Elliott from the Ang Lee "Hulk". He was perfect.

LN78

Jackpaza0508

Just found out that Werewolf by Night has a 16+ rating on UK Disney Plus, apparently Michael Giacchino envisioned it as TV-MA for the US but it managed to get along with a TV-14 rating. Did notice some blood and gore in the teaser so I'm happy that Marvel's pushing the horror envelope a bit!

He/Him

LN78

@Jackpaza0508 I was hoping they were going to push the horror envelope with Sam Raimi and the last "Dr. Strange" movie and then that turned out to be a (unintentional) hilarious farce.

LN78

Jackpaza0508

@LN78 This one seems to be going full on, it's even listed as horror on D+

He/Him

LN78

@Jackpaza0508 I think "horror" and Disney+ is ultimately a contradiction in terms. It'll be spooky in the same way that some of the earlier "Treehouse of Horror" episodes on "The Simpsons" are spooky.

LN78

JohnnyShoulder

16+? Didn't even realise there was a new certification in play over here in the UK.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

EliteSlayer

Just watched ep8 of she-hulk which is the first ep i thought was great.

EliteSlayer

Jackpaza0508

If you're looking for something to get you into the Halloween mood, watch Werewolf by Night. It's amazing and proves that Michael Giacchino is more than just a great composer. It also feels like horror which is great after Multiverse of madness dabbled in the genre.

He/Him

RogerRoger

@Jackpaza0508 I noticed that had dropped already. Am glad you enjoyed it, and am looking forward to giving it a try, although I'm a little behind in my MCU progress. Is it interconnected, or does it lift right out?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic