Forums

Topic: The Marvel Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 545

Jackpaza0508

@RogerRoger It has nothing to do with anything else in the MCU so far so I think you're good to go!

He/Him

JohnnyShoulder

@Jackpaza0508 I'm sure they will find a way, eventually.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Jackpaza0508 Sweet, thanks for the heads-up!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LN78

So the "Blade" delay has dominoed the entire Marvel movie slate for Phases 5 and 6. Gives them time to write some decent screenplays, then.
PS Watched "Werewolf by Night" - it's the best thing I've seen from Marvel since "Infinity War".

LN78

Jackpaza0508

I think Michael Giacchino should direct Blade, not only would we get some great horror directing but we'd get a banging score alongside it

He/Him

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I love that soundtrack!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jackpaza0508

She-Hulk episode 9 is wild, the fourth wall doesn't get broken, it gets absolutely destroyed and I love it

He/Him

LN78

@Jackpaza0508 I was just going to ask if the finale was worth watching just for the (unintentional) chuckles because most of reviews I've seen and read seem to think it was a jawdropping, embarassing disaster and a new low point for the dumpster fire of Phase 4.
PS Just watched it - it's not that bad (certainly no worse than "Thor 4") but I can definitely see where the criticisms are coming from - flip a coin and the meta humour is either brilliant or catastrophic to the very fabric of the MCU. It's not that original, either - "Moonlighting" actually did something very similar in the late 1980's.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Th3solution

@LN78 @Jackpaza0508 I’m of the camp who thought the She-Hulk finale was great. But I do see why some Marvel fans approaching it with preconceived expectations will be disappointed and feel betrayed.

Like WandaVision before it, I like the fresh ideas of not being too stuck in a certain genre of storytelling, and although it’s not completely a new approach (I didn’t ever watch Moonlighting) I appreciate the attempt to shake up what has become a rather stale franchise. I laughed out loud several times (Kevin was my favorite part) and I think Maslany really flourished in the lead role throughout. She honestly looked like she was having fun with the zaniness of it all.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

WanderingBullet

We she be breaking the fourth wall too when she appears in other series or movies, I wonder.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

EliteSlayer

Just watched she hulk finale. Enjoyed it until the terrible 4th wall break with kevin.

EliteSlayer

Th3solution

So, after She-Hulk ended, I wandered over to Ms. Marvel and gave it a try. It’s the only Marvel TV show that I’ve not watched and so my obsessive-compulsive tendencies over-rode my reluctance about the show.

And you know what, I actually like it.

The other thing that pushed me to try the show was the fact that I’m playing the Avengers solo campaign now and I actually like the Kamala Khan character. So I thought it would be interesting to watch the show side-by-side with playing her origin story in the game.

Obviously there’s plenty of narrative differences between the two stories so far, but they are quite similar also. I like both actresses’ take on Kamala, but I think I lean toward the game’s version more. In the game she’s less “distressed misunderstood teenager” and more “quirky and likable goofball.”

I’m impressed with the TV show’s colorful and unique art style. The fact it’s visually interesting has been a good selling point on the predicable origin-story plot (so far… I’ve only just watched the first episode). And I’m not a person who blindly beats the diversity drum, but one of the things I like is the Pakistani family backdrop.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

Yeah, that She-Hulk finale was brilliant. Absolutely nailed a key aspect of the comics while taking enough shots at Marvel execs without it seeming too over the top. My favourite MCU show so far and probably up there with my favourite MCU content in general.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jackpaza0508

I think this is a good time to mention that this is the Marvel thread and not just the MCU thread, feel free to talk about anything marvel! Games, comics, movies, nappies?
Untitled

He/Him

Amnesiac

@nessisonett As someone who tracked down as many John Byrne She-Hulk comics as I could when I was young, I really enjoyed the tone of the series. Some of the episodes were uneven, but the good far outweighed the bad and the finale was a hoot. Seems like they used a bit from the Dan Slott run too, which I also thought was fantastic. Glad I’m not the only one who enjoyed the show since it seemed to irritate a lot of people for reasons that elude me.

Amnesiac

KidRyan

@Jackpaza0508 I probably would have worn Spider-Man Goodnites as a child, even though I didn't have any toilet/bedwetting issues lol. Spider-Man was my #1 fave childhood superhero (and he still is my fave today).

Think it has to do with my autism maybe, never cared what anyone though of my clothing choices (still don't to a reasonable degree).

@Eagly Glad you were able to secure a copy, even though it's on a platform you don't have! (for the moment)

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

nessisonett

@Jackpaza0508 I can’t believe Chris Pratt allowed them to use ‘Holiday Special’, he’s surely one of those Keep Christ in Christmas dudes.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic