Forums

Topic: The Marvel Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 545

ralphdibny

@KidBoruto would be good if we get Heimdall back as well in that case! Watching Thor The Dark World again made me remember how bad ass he can be!

@RogerRoger ahh fair play to ya! I just remembered today that I have Agent Carter S1 coming up soon (her appearance in the first ep of AoS S2 reminded me). I wouldn't change that show either, I remember loving it back when it was on TV!

I might do a general write up of my thoughts so far at a later date, I won't tag you but if you read it, do forgive me if I gush a little bit over Chris Evans in that post 😆

I gotta ask though, would you trade Paul Rudd for Daniel Craig in Ant-Man? Looks-wise he actually probably could have played a younger Hank Pym if they had decided to go that way with the film. I don't think they did a huge amount different from Edgar Wright's original script before he departed (except add another Avenger) though that is pure speculation on my part. I'm happy with the movie we got though, I did love me some Ant-Man and I also loved The Wasp.

I thought Dr Strange was really grim actually! In a good way though. Especially Black Bolt's death. That was easily my favourite "cameo" in the film, especially as the casting further legitimises the TV shows. Plus Black Bolt is just so cool. And his death was an epic, awesome and gruesome scene.

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny See, here's the punchline; despite what I said about Hayley Atwell before, and despite maintaining an active Disney+ subscription all year round, I still haven't watched Agent Carter. I really should make some time for it, especially since its only two seasons!

Oh no, gush away! He's obviously super-popular for a reason. You might convert me!

No, I think Paul Rudd is a huge part of why I love the Ant-Man movies as much as I do (they remain some of my all-time favourites). I'll never say "it wouldn't have worked with another actor" because we simply can't know that for certain, but the core four of Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly and Michelle Pfeiffer are a bit of a casting dream team as far as I'm concerned, and are why I'm still enthusiastic about the new movie, despite the MCU's current lacklustre status. They'll elevate the material no matter what (and then throwing Jonathan Majors into the mix... [chef's kiss]... it's gonna be so good).

That "What mouth?" scene was the closest I came to looking away! It was borderline!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

I went to see Black Panther Wakanda Forever today. Brilliant cinema trip, the theatre was completely empty so I had the entire screen to myself! Just how I like it 😂

The film wasn't bad either. It's miles better than the first one, had a brilliant score as well. Noticed a familiar name from the credits (from Mando) so I'm not surprised.

It's a very long movie, nearly 3 hours but I wasn't bored at all throughout its runtime so it must have been decent enough!

Also Okoye is really funny. I had no idea. I hope they keep up the Okoye/Shuri dynamic in future installments because those parts were a joy to watch.

See ya!

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger sorry I thought I already replied to your comment!

Agent carter S1 is next on my list. It's actually only 18 episodes across both seasons so it's really short. I remember it being really good - especially with all the returning and new characters in it. I can't wait to get stuck in again 😃

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny No worries! And glad to see you enjoyed Wakanda Forever, especially after I'd seen mixed opinions from a variety of sources. I'm gonna make time for Agent Carter over the holidays, once I've gotten through a couple of Blu-Ray sets. Am really looking forward to it!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger wicked! Enjoy! I'm about halfway through the first series. We can discuss it if you get around to watching it 😃

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny It's a date (albeit a vague and unspecified one)!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

That tiny clip of Drax hitting the girl with the ball is the first time a Marvel movie has been legitimately funny since about 2017.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@Jackpaza0508 I know, the second one almost had me in tears but I assume, what with this being the last outing for most of this team, that I am going to be crying (or doing my best to stifle it) throughout this movie. You can tell from the trailer who is probably going to get the chop. I won't say any more, I think the trailer was already spoilerific so I am going to do my best to forget what I've seen until the movie comes out.

See ya!

LtSarge

Finished watching Ms. Marvel. Very good show, albeit a bit too short in my opinion. I thought it was really cool to see a Marvel superhero from a completely different culture. It was so refreshing compared to most other superhero shows. Wish we would've gotten more episodes but oh well.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge I thought Ms. Marvel was better than expected. It definitely goes into new territory for the Marvel Universe in the sense it focuses on some underrepresented segments of the population and I appreciated that. Granted, I couldn’t really get along with some of the cringe that comes with teenage girl drama with mommy issues, but it wasn’t too bad. The light-heartedness of it all kept it from becoming too self-serious.

I actually played the Marvel’s Avengers campaign alongside watching the show, and in some ways I prefer the video game Kamala. The origin story is a tad different in the game and the voice actress conveys Kamala’s personality with a different nuance. The game has so many problems that I can’t honestly recommend it unless you really are curious and have 6-8 hours of free time that you just don’t know what to do with, but Kamala was one of the few things that the game got right. The TV show did okay on her as well, but it leans into the ‘misunderstood goofy nerd’ trope a little too heavily, imo.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@WanderingBullet It’s basically not going to be a sequel to Captain Marvel then. Which I actually enjoyed.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

@Th3solution Yeah I've played Avengers a bit and thought it started out great but then it become so bad once the live service stuff settled in. Which is a shame because I really enjoyed playing as Kamala.

I thought the show made Kamala's powers more interesting with her bangle creating crystalised objects rather than her being able to stretch and become bigger like in the game. Still, it was interesting seeing different depictions of the character.

LtSarge

Jackpaza0508

Spider-Verse trailer! I managed to spot a certain Peter from a certain Spider-Man certain video game and I am so damn excited

Untitled

He/Him

Jackpaza0508

The Spidey news just keeps on coming!
Untitled

He/Him

RogerRoger

@Jackpaza0508 It's gonna be one heck of a year for Spidey, that's for sure! Am really getting excited. I was thinking of replaying Miles Morales over the holidays, but I think I'll save myself and build hype!

Making It So Since 1987

Jackpaza0508

…and now we suddenly have a poster! (i'm using the japanese one because its longer and has more spideys including ps4 spidey which is actually the best spidey sorry i don't make the rules)
Untitled

Edited on by Jackpaza0508

He/Him

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic