Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,641 to 9,660 of 10,104

PegasusActual93

@Kidfried
I am traveling alone but my wife will be there when I arrive

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Thanks! I had to play around with a few settings on the PS5 to get it all working (and even them Atmos isn't yet supported yet for games. The next firmware update can't come soon enough). Hearing Cal's lightsaber in full force made me grin from ear to ear!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

oliverp

Oh @PegasusActual93 I hope you wont feel to nervous (that would be a shame).

*Iam from Sweden .

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

Thrillho

@PegasusActual93 Airports can be a bit overwhelming but so long as you leave yourself plenty of time to get everything sorted and know where your passport is at all times then you’ll be fine.

Enjoy your first time overseas

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I've also got a Sonos Beam (without rears or a sub; don't wanna upset my neighbours) and even without an Atmos track, the tricks it can pull are remarkable. First day I got it, I booted up Battlefront II on PS4 and it somehow managed to place the audio for orders relayed through my character's helmet right beside my ear. Scared the crap outta me!

Of course, it's nothing compared to my partner's set-up. He's got an Arc, with rears and a full sub. The layers of audio detail and object placement that equipment can generate defy belief. I wish I could do all my gaming there! Once you've completed your similar set, you'll be in sound heaven!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yeah even non-Atmos enabled content is a definite upgrade from my previous setup. Even more so now that I've got rear speakers!

It reminds me of when I had a 5.1 setup with an amp. Just without the wires everywhere!

I'm quite lucky where I'm situated as my house is an end terrarce.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@lolwhatno Booths is indeed the plural of booth. English is the most incredibly stupid language for so many reasons though. Read’s past tense being read but read differently. Horror show.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KAIRU

Removed - inappropriate

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

MatthewJP

Removed - inappropriate

PSN: mpquikster

KAIRU

Removed - disrespecting others

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

Kidfried

@nessisonett Days are long gone that I went to IGN for industry insight. Straight up saying "I don't care about the context of this Tweet, I just want to yell at it" is admittedly a new low.

Kidfried

MightyDemon82

@Kidfried surely they aren't called tweets anymore, as it is now X so maybe something like an X-crement. Which would fit as it seems people do talk a lot of crap on there.

MightyDemon82

KAIRU

Removed - harassment

Th3solution

@MightyDemon82 X-crement… I like it.

I’m actually a little disappointed in the internet that it hasn’t been more up-in-arms over the name change to “X”. I’d hoped that there would be massive boycotts of that silly name and more of an exodus from the service. Of course I never engaged with Twitter anyways so it makes no difference to me. But surprisingly people have seemed to just settle into the platform and continue to support it with every bizarre change and crazy thing that Musk does. I guess the world is too entrenched in the platform to care.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MightyDemon82

@Th3solution I wish all these social media platforms would just disappear. Only have Facebook myself but I never use it these days. Always tempted to delete my profile!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

@Th3solution The only place I’ve seen it referred to as X is articles on here. It’s just really sadsack behaviour, the guy tried to call PayPal X back in the day and it was so hated that he got ousted. Proper saddo.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

I just broke a mirror by accident. 7 years bad luck for me? Well I haven't had any good luck lately so probably no change there lol.

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic