Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,281 to 9,300 of 10,089

Fight_Teza_Fight

@RogerRoger @Kidfried My account celebrated its 7th birthday last month. So I’ve probably been engaging with the site for at least 8 years.
Just thinking about it is baffling. I’ve moved like 4 times all over the country in that time.
The site has naturally changed over the years. Some good, some bad, but I take what I can get.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Thrillho

When you’re talking about us all getting older..

And in a more satirical way;

Thrillho

sorteddan

I have been in here for almost exactly three years. I only signed up as I wanted to comment on 'Which PS+ games are you hoping for' article and to try and get a 'Word Up' from @playstation1995

Then I discovered the fantastic fun that is forum life. And a place to try and impress fellow gamers with my latest platinum achievements.

... and then time passed as time tends to do

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

@JohnnyShoulder You’re a seasoned veteran at this point 🫡.

@kyleforrester87 Untitled

@Thrillo Tbf I’ve always considered anything 2 gens behind to be ‘retro’. We already have next-gen, current-gen & last-gen. Rather than time passed the tech advancements made are more important imo.
Nevertheless it does make me feel old😅.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Gremio108

@Kidfried @RogerRoger @Th3solution Cheers for the tips/advice/concern guys. I will continue to experiment until I find the cause of the problem and I'll definitely look into surge protection. After a full day session yesterday without incident, it happened four times last night between 11 and midnight. I'll keep you posted on the patient's health.

I'm conscious that I don't get as much time to comment on here recently, I've been quite busy at work over the last few months. But rest assured I'm still here, watching you all. In a perfectly non-threatening, not-at-all-stalkerish way of course. Honest.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

MightyDemon82

It's my 5th Anniversary of being on the site tomorrow. I was a lurker for about a year when I got My PS4 Pro in late 2016!

MightyDemon82

HallowMoonshadow

It feels like an absolute age since I've seen you about @Gremio108! Good to see you too!

Gremio108 wrote:

I took the covers off and cleaned the dust out a bit (a nerve-shredding, pant-wetting exercise which felt like performing open-heart surgery on a loved one)

... I felt the exact same way when I replaced the hard drive in my PS4! I couldn't even properly undo the screws on the holding bay for the old broken drive I was so nervous.

My heart was in my mouth when it had to restart the console about 3 times for the various system installing processes before it came back to life

Sorry to hear about your PS5 being funny with Elden Ring (Still haven't played it myself yet). I do hope if you go for the surge protector route it does solve the problem without having to send it back or the likes!

Thrillho wrote:

HallowMoonshadow There’s no need to feel bad about us having a baby 😁

Oh gosh no I didn't mean that! I meant I felt bad about forgetting you'd got a child now!

Good to hear she's doing well though! I still have some of my kids old clothes in the attic including some adorable little kickers booties my son wore an- holy crap I feel old now 😅

Thrilho wrote:

I have no idea how anyone copes with more than one though

Yeah who'd do that? Especially having another one only two years after the other? Certainly not me... 👀

It was certainly an... experience and whilst there was a hair pulling moment (Or a hundred) and question whether I'd wanna go through it again I wouldn't trade it for the world either

Plus mine are in their 20's now sooo... Now they can pay me back for all those hours I slaved on them! Joking! ... Mostly

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@MightyDemon82 Happy fifth anniversary! Place wouldn't be the same without you!

@Gremio108 Urgh, sorry to hear it happened again, and so many times (although at least it wasn't as bad as I feared when I first quickly scanned your post, as I read it as having happened eleven times). I really hope it's as simple as getting surge-protected leads. Fingers crossed!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

MightyDemon82

@RogerRoger Thanks, I haven't been as active this year as I'm flying through books and can't seem to settle on a particular game or even decide what to watch film/t.v. show wise. But I'll definitely be taking Aloy on a new photo shoot at the Burning Shores very soon. 😀

MightyDemon82

RogerRoger

@MightyDemon82 Well, I'm glad you've got something on your horizon, at least.

Untitled

I'm sorry, I really am. In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure we all go through dry spells, regards gaming. I know I certainly do. I adore my hobby but there are days where you literally couldn't pay me to pick up a controller. Like you, I'm either focused on a different interest or there's just nothing pressing. Or the opposite, there's too much and so it's like an overload, and nothing sticks.

Looking forward to reading your Burning Shores thoughts and seeing those screencaps!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

@MightyDemon82 Happy 5th Anniversary! Here’s to 5 more 🍻🎮!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

MightyDemon82

@RogerRoger 😂😂😂 No apology necessary. Plus I love Aardman stuff.

Definitely a case of too much choice. But I'm really enjoying reading at the moment and might even get through my comics and manga that are building up!

MightyDemon82

Fight_Teza_Fight

@MightyDemon82 if you believe the internet all single player First-Party games have been cancelled & replaced with F2P & AAA live service games😅.
Only time will tell.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

MightyDemon82

@Fight_Teza_Fight Maybe they'll have their COD killer up and running by then and Microsoft will have wasted $69 billion 😂 .

MightyDemon82

RogerRoger

@MightyDemon82 Awesome, best of luck with your literary backlog! Whenever something takes hold like that, it's great to be able to make the most of it. Enjoy!

@Kidfried @Fight_Teza_Fight @JohnnyShoulder @kyleforrester87 @sorteddan All this talk of milestones (and congrats on all of yours, whether just passed or pending) made me realise that my account's fifth anniversary totally passed me by last November. Which is the longest I've ever managed to stick being an active part of a community, online or otherwise.

I blame the regulars, with their friendly attitudes and engaging replies. Not to mention the staff, trying to be supportive of the site's community all the time. How very dare y'all.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic