Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 7,301 to 7,320 of 10,089

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Ah, okay. Maybe that's the button I saw, then. You and @Th3solution will have to forgive any hint of scepticism in my reply last night, as it really is such a basic feature for a modern console to have, and it boggles the mind for Sony to have removed it. I didn't mean to be all, "Well, I'll have to check that myself before I believe you!" or anything, I promise!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger You mean, you don't doubt mine and @Th3solution technical know how?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Hey, trust me, when you're at my level? Everybody else is an expert.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Really? 70% huh? That's great. What sort of game is Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, genre-wise? How hard is it? Can you get it on PS4?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

mookysam

@LtSarge Enjoy Miles Morales. I haven't yet finished it, but I love how it has its own aesthetic style, and how differently Miles handles as a relative newbie to his powers. I just got Skyrim and Ori and the Will of the Wisps digitally, as well as another year of PS Plus and some digital brushes.

@Kidfried @LtSarge I actually prefer the battle system in Tales of Xillia, as it is a lot faster, or the wonderful and unique battle system and skill progression of Tales of Graces f. Compared to other games in the series the presentation has seen a gargantuan boost, and everything feels tighter and more focused, so in lots of ways it is a big step forward. The English voice track has quite poor sound quality, like it was recorded in people's homes, (perhaps owing to lockdowns), but it's only really noticeable using headphones. The story is somewhat more intense than earlier titles, with a lot going on, and some surprisingly grown-up themes in places.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

ralphdibny

I bought the internet today

£37/month black Friday deal for 512mbps through virgin. Will go and pick up the router click&collect a couple of days before we move into the new place.

Also got a tv last week too. LG C1 55inch that was recommended. £1050 as I saw an old mate from school working in the shop so he knocked off an extra 150 off the black Friday price.

We are looking at TV units and that IKEA Lappland looks reasonably priced at £129 but I think we will wait until we move in to get that as it's not in any time limited sale. Also best to physically see how much space we have and whether that unit will fit. I quite want a wraparound style unit so if we have guests, they don't feel inclined to stand next to or behind a thousand pound TV and knock it over lol

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny My pet peeve is that internet speed is measured in megabits per second than megabytes. It’s 100% for marketing reasons as it means you get bigger numbers which look better. But nobody works in bits so you end up just having to divide by 8 to get the speed you recognise.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett oh my days really?! I thought I would be able to download a 90gb game in 3 minutes 😂

I suppose it's still almost ten times better than my current speed

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny 64MB/s is still very fast to be honest although we’ll see how fast it actually is when you connect the PS5 to it!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, it’s a relatively short game. In fact I think that’s one of the few complaints about it. I’ve put in about 8 hours or so. Most people complete it in under 15 hours and I think I’m going to be able to platinum it in that timeframe (maybe).

The genre is maybe ‘third person action platform-shooter’ of the mascot platformer variety. It’s very much a more cartoony art-style and although it’s got an aesthetic that feels more like it’s made for youngsters, it’s actually perfectly playable and enjoyable as an adult. Think of it like a Pixar film in that sense — entertaining for all ages. It has difficulty sliders and so the difficulty can be ramped up for extra challenge if you want, but I’m enjoying it on normal. I still die sometimes but it’s a nice balance of challenge. I think I played the last Ratchet & Clank game on easy though.

Speaking of — to your question, R&C Rift Apart is PS5 exclusive, but the Ratchet & Clank from 2016 is on PS4 and is a very similar game and a good starting point for the franchise as it’s a reboot of the origin story. In a way, the 2016 game is probably even better than Rift Apart, although it’s not as technologically progressive. The 2016 game was given away as part of the Play at Home initiative last year, so you might have claimed it. I’m not sure if you’d click with it because the art style and colorful cartoon nature of it (it’s about the polar opposite of Dark Souls / Bloodborne) but the gameplay aspects are just plain fun and easy to pick up and enjoy.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I'll probably give the PS4 version a go after that glowing review. How are you? How will you spend the holidays? I imagine it'll be with the NBA, NFL and visiting friends and relatives?

@Jimmer-jammer How are you? You mentioned being super busy recently, how is that arts collective going, and the concrete park project? How is work and how's the family?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, the holidays will probably be with friends and family, and I presume a little spectator sports from time to time. I do enjoy the holidays, but I also don’t get too carried away with them; I think it’s a little overblown actually. Not to be a ‘bah-humbug’ Scrooge, but I think most people would admit that the whole thing is more than a tad over-commercialized. Still, I enjoy much of the Christmas backdrop all the same.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’m doing well, man. Yeah, been very busy between work, family, obligations and a lot of ‘life stuff’. Had a few days off here so I’ve been able to get some quality gaming time in over the last few days, which has been very nice.

The collective is, like everything when we have families, chugging along. Getting some larger projects prepped in the hopes of hitting the ground running come spring. Just getting some isrc codes for stuff i recorded in 2018! Everything takes longer these days but I tell myself if I just keep chugging along, it’ll be finished eventually 😛 My family is number one so everything else has to fall in line with that.

How are you doing? Prepping for Christmas yet? How do you feel about the holidays in general? Still thinking about going for that PhD? I’m about halfway through ‘The Midnight Library’ by Matt Haig. It’s quite good, think I’ve become quite a fan of his work at this point.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate just now, but I wish you all the best with everything. I'm fine thanks man, already got Christmas dinner sorted out which is good. I like the holidays in general ,love watching Christmas movies on TV and always buy a British magazine which lists all of them in time for the holidays and go through it with a highlighter pen to circle all the ones I want to watch! I'll have to read The Midnight Library, it sounds like a good book, from what you say.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman thanks for that! I gotta say, that sounds like a nice and relaxing time. ‘A Christmas Story’ is a (cliche) classic for me, always cracks me up.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer No problem, what about you, prepping for Christmas? And how do you feel about the holidays in general yourself? I quite like Young Sherlock Holmes at Christmas time myself.

HallowMoonshadow

Hey everyone... Been a little while huh?

I took a little unannounced break from Push Square the past month for various reasons but I'm back now 😄

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Voltan

I just answered a phone call from a colleague's number - it was his mother trying to contact the company to get some documents, because he died yesterday. Called me because she found the number labeled as a work contact in his phone (not the only one but the others weren't answering at the moment).
I wasn't close with the guy or anything (he worked 100% remotely for years and I actually found him a little annoying to be honest) but things like this hit you in a weird way :/

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

RaZieLDaNtE

@Voltan Hey there friend. Sorry to hear it. It´s always sad to know someone passed away even if we
don´t know that person to well or have a lot of contact with. Even more so if the person was in it´s younger years.
A premature depart from this Earth.
May he rest in piece and wacth his loved ones from afar.
Stay strong and stay safe my friend

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, don´t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, all the usual busyness of getting things ready. Just got a huge dump of snow overnight so it’s feeling like the season now after an unusually tepid November. Though I didn’t used to find any particular enjoyment in them, I do enjoy the holidays a lot more after having kids. I don’t know if you’re a Doctor Who fan, but I’ve recently started the game, ‘Last Stop’. If you’re a fan at all, it’s kind of like playing through an episode of that! Pretty interesting so far.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic