Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 7,221 to 7,240 of 10,111

AK4tywill

@Voltan Where on earth do you work? Inside the Resident Evil 4 village?

AK4tywill

Voltan

@AK4tywill In relation to where I live - on the opposite side of a reasonably sized forest
Seriously though - the southern outskirts of Warsaw, Poland

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Yikes! Spooky! The scariest thing on one of my routes home is the smell sometimes from one of the takeaway places.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

The nominees for the Game Awards are pretty bad. Normally I can see the reasoning even if I don't agree completely, but this year I was just staring at the screen in disbelief.

Don't really see a reason to be watching this year!

Kidfried

jdv95

@Kidfried tbh this year did not realy have those stand out games from previous years.

the only thing i don't realy agree with is that returnal is not nominated.

it's a weird omisson tbh.

jdv95

Kidfried

@jdv95 It's weird to me seeing Ratchet & Clank nominated, while Returnal got snubbed. Even here on Push Square you'll hardly find people naming R&C their favorite game of the year. There's zero chance it'll take the price home.

Kidfried

jdv95

@Kidfried funny you say that cause it's leading the poll right now on push square lol.

another weird thing is cyberpunk for best soundtrack.

like what? that soundtrack was nowhere near great. it was just some techno stuff. nothing realy stading out exept for 1 radio song.

jdv95

nessisonett

@jdv95 You forget that Grimes did the Game Awards a couple years back to promote Cyberpunk. It’s all connected!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

@jdv95 Wouldn't have guessed that. Maybe that game is more highly regarded than I thought. Played quite some games released this year, and while Ratchet & Clank was a very decent game and I enjoyed it, I struggle to name an aspect of the game that would make it top tier.

Kidfried

Ralizah

Monster Hunter Rise getting snubbed for GOTY is a bad joke. I don't care at all about what wins this year.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

render

@Kidfried I don't really play enough games to feel that I can really judge what should be game of the year however I have played Ratchet and Clank and Returnal and I also can't believe the former got a nomination and the latter didn't. Agreed R&C is a solid game, sure, but nothing groundbreaking 🤷‍♂️

render

jdv95

@Kidfried the one thing people speak highly off are the visuals.

it was praised to be the first real next gen looking game by some notable people.

enough to win GOTY? no.
but then again my personal pick goes to guardians of the galaxy

jdv95

Voltan

R&C looked great, was generally great on the tech side and had a nice story with some good performances (Jennifer Hale as Rivet was excellent). It is one of my favorite games this year but I'm not sure I'd nominate it either and certainly not over Returnal

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy I don't think I claimed it dude as I had already played it on the 360.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@themcnoisy Unfortunately I have very little free time! Hopefully the degree will make up for the lack of gaming time 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

The sky was particularly bright today
Untitled

Voltan

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder fair one bro.

@nessisonett no problem mate. Good luck with uni.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Wesker

@themcnoisy I'll play you at FIFA, if you want... I actually bought it this year. Arsenal vs. Everton!

Wesker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic