Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,761 to 6,780 of 10,087

HallowMoonshadow

Th3solution wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Hey Foxy! Yeah, you were moments away from us sending out a search-and-rescue for you. šŸ˜„

Ha ha ha aww thanks Sol

I can't wait to just collapse in a heap on the sofa as soon as I walk in the house this evening and not have to worry about getting up at seven in the morning for the next 6 weeks @Th3solution

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah Iā€™d love to return to film one day, and plan on doing just that. I still dabble in it but there is a LOT more work involved in putting a film together than some people realize, especially if youā€™re self producing, writing, shooting, editing and promoting. The schedule and risk/reward aspect inherent in producing a film just doesnā€™t align with where Iā€™m at in life at the moment, especially with the ages of our children. However, itā€™s a great time write and refine a lot of ideas šŸ˜Š

Edit: I didnā€™t know @colonelkilgore also studied film. Thatā€™s pretty cool.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

JohnnyShoulder

Good to hear you survived the school term @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, and to have you back on the forum!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

I can't wait to just collapse in a heap on the sofa as soon as I walk in the house this evening and not have to worry about getting up at seven in the morning for the next 6 weeks

Given that it's now the evening, allow me to congratulate you! You made it, nicely done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Urgh. Some of this California v Blizzard lawsuit makes for some pretty grim reading.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

HallowMoonshadow

@JohnnyShoulder @RogerRoger @mookysam

Thanks guys! Glad to be back! šŸ˜ƒ

Surely it can't be worse then all the allegations regarding Ubisoft and it's management @JohnnyShoulder that've just been swept under the rug and forgotten about?

... Right? šŸ˜§

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The ActiBlizz stuff is just horrific. Frat boy culture has zero place in an actual working environment, the abuse African-American women were suffering at ActiBlizz laid out in text is sickening. Thereā€™s also more allegations against Ubisoft Singapore come out recently too, racial pay gaps and the like.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

Surely it can't be worse then all the allegations regarding Ubisoft and it's management JohnnyShoulder that've just been swept under the rug and forgotten about?

... Right? šŸ˜§

nessisonett wrote:

JohnnyShoulder Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The ActiBlizz stuff is just horrific. Frat boy culture has zero place in an actual working environment, the abuse African-American women were suffering at ActiBlizz laid out in text is sickening. Thereā€™s also more allegations against Ubisoft Singapore come out recently too, racial pay gaps and the like.

... That'll teach me to open my mouth before looking up the story in question šŸ˜¦

Goddamn I don't even know how to respond to that @nessisonett...

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy What really got me was when someone said that this lawsuit will only be the incidents they know about. Which is true, if there are this number of awful things going on then thereā€™ll be a whole lot more that were quietly swept under the carpet.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

Yep this sounds a whole lot worse I'm afraid, @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy.

johncalmc

man i can't believe that after all of these years of trusting activision they'd turn out to be baddies like this

at least i've still got ubisoft

johncalmc

Twitter:

johncalmc

@nessisonett oh i love these. to be fair it must suck working for activision and not being a scumbag and having to deal with all this but then it's not just a problem with the games industry - it's a problem with most industry.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

So Iā€™ve been shadowing the the site since 2014
Became a member in 2016.
Ever since I was part of this community...I got my HND, got my masters, got engaged, bought my house, got married, got a kid.
I just wish to thank you all for making this the greatest PlayStation site in the world.

Special shout to all the people that made this place the way it is.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Th3solution

@Fight_Teza_Fight Youā€™ve had a busy five years! And itā€™s good to see you around. Youā€™ve been part of making this site the great place that is has been.
Hopefully that post of yours wasnā€™t some kind of farewell address!

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Th3solution Nothing like it mate. Just felt retrospective, as I only recently tied the knot.
Trying to get back into the swing of things & finish of the backlog.
My partner doesnā€™t really like games so Iā€™ve been experimentingšŸ˜‚.
I thought for sure sheā€™d enjoy the persona rhythm games, but...šŸ˜…. She did really like Erica though. She canā€™t use the analog sticks so itā€™s a bit tricky.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

colonelkilgore

@Fight_Teza_Fight yeah my missus is the sameā€¦ the irony of wives (soon-to-be wives) not being able to handle an analogue stick huh šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Fight_Teza_Fight Well, I reckon you deserve the thanks, for making the time for this place and making great contributions to it despite everything else you've had going on in your life lately!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

@RogerRoger Thanks mate! I havenā€™t really kept up lately, but for sure will be more active moving forward.
@colonelkilgore Itā€™s been an absolute nightmare. She even struggles with the TellTale games. Oh well. Win some, lose some... .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic