Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,781 to 6,800 of 10,089

Thrillho

@Fight_Teza_Fight Congrats on the big day; I hope you managed to have a great time despite everything else going on.

My wife is also a non-gamer but we have played (most) of Lego Harry Potter together although it’s a frustrating experience for me

A highlight was a boss fight where her tactic was to hide in a barrel and let me do it. The vast majority of the time I try and get her to do as much as possible but I can only bite my tongue for so long!

Thrillho

NedStarksGhost

@Fight_Teza_Fight Congratulations (from a newbie on this site)

My girlfriend and I played a few games together, and she's not big on gaming. The Lego games as already mentioned are great.

Overcooked is fun but it has been known to cause some people to argue, it's a bit high pressure....

If you have a PS5 then Sackboy is amazing in co-op.

There's a lot of good things said about It Takes Two, but I've not played it yet myself!

NedStarksGhost

MightyDemon82

Just finished Trails of Cold Steel. Wow talk about cliffhangers 😲 can't wait to play the next one now!

MightyDemon82

HallowMoonshadow

I finished up Trails Of Cold Steel 1 about this time last year @MightyDemon82. Really does have quite the cliffhanger ending!

Really enjoyed all the reveals and scattered plot points coming together like Misty, Crow and the Nobles enacting a civil war and the likes

I went straight into the sequel in fact after beating it... That however was not a good move on my part. After enjoying the first so much I unfortunately really struggled to enjoy the second myself 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

MightyDemon82

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'm maybe going to play Yakuza 4 first as It's been a while since I finished 3!

I can see where your coming from, with not enjoying Cold Steel 2 having jumped straight in after beating the first one. I like to play something smaller in-between the 100 hour epics to keep myself from getting fatigued.

MightyDemon82

Black_Swordsman

Learning to play jazz guitar at my age (I'm in my thirties) and coming from a rock n' roll background on the electric guitar is challenging to say the least. It's like learning a new language in your thirties, the language of jazz, and just as difficult as doing that, hopefully I can get my brain acclimatized to this new type of music that I love, though.

@NedStarksGhost how is your own guitar journey going?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Voltan

Today is my first day back to working at the office. Not that I didn't like working from home but I think I needed this

Voltan

Kidfried

@Voltan Today is my first day back at work after a week long holiday, and starting next week I'll be working back at the office full time again. Will you be working at the office full time from now on, or some hybrid with working from home?

Kidfried

Voltan

@Kidfried Full time, mostly anyway. I'm always able to work from home when I need to but I work with too much hardware to be taking it home and back to the office - this is one of the benefits of going back to the office, I'm getting some space back at home

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan @Kidfried Starting in September for our offices. I've not requested a change, so will be back in the office full time. I know some people have requested either a change to hybrid or full time homeworker. I'm not sure on some of their reasons however, as most are doing it because it is more convenient to work from home, but if they can't do their job properly I think they may a bit disappointed if their requested gets rejected or it is seen as not working during the 6 month trial period.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@Voltan I work at the dinner table, so I'm really looking forward to reclaiming that part of my home again. Only downside is not being able to make luxurious lunches!

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, most people that really really want to work from home probably have a kid or a pet or something. I really want a dog again somewhere in the next year, but my upcoming work situation will make it impossible to work from home. So I could file a request to work from home I certainly would, even if professionally speaking it would make less sense.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Yeah it's less convenient for me having to travel to work and wait for buses, but my workspace is tiny in my flat so is not ideal when things start to get busier. Also unsure of having support from manager if we are not in the same place, as that has not been ideal working from home. I've not seen much of anyone from work since we've been working from home, and as I'm still not comfortable going out to the pubs and stuff, so it will be a bit of a social thing for me.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder fortunately for me, it's a 20 minute bicycle ride, mostly through a forest, to get to my office
It only sucks when it's been raining a lot and there's mud everywhere... like right about now :/

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @Jimmer-jammer @Voltan I am getting into jazz properly now, Miles Davis, John Scofield, John Abercrombie, etc. feeling like it is age-appropriate to listen to that music now I'm in my 30s as that and dad rock are what many people my age or older listen to once they feel like they can't relate to the modern-day artists who emerge in their 20s and then only stick around in the public eye for a limited number of years before being forgotten. A select few continue to make music but it is rarely the music they make as older musicians that gets airplay, they are remembered by their earlier hits. Even artists who are more or less the exception to the rule of being forgotten about as they get older, i.e Rolling Stones, still essentially find their airplay limited to their youthful hits.

What do you think the reason for this is?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

Activision-Blizzard employees are walking out tomorrow in protest. Good to see, especially considering there isn’t a union for those employees in the US.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

Olympic medalist and now qualified medical practitioner?

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho He justs need to become a plumber now and his life will be complete.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Thrillho

Freddie Mercury: "Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?"
Sonic: "I mean, that feels like a redundant question here, pal."

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Thrillho Freddie took Sonic’s self help book ‘I’ll make a Super Sonic man out of you’ a bit too literally.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic