Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,101 to 6,120 of 10,100

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Yeah, that’s a phrase I’m never going to unhear 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Sometimes I found the cheese method more difficult than the non-cheese method. I really fancy some cheese now.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett @colonelkilgore @JohnnyShoulder I cheesed the Dragonslayer Armour in Dark Souls 3 by staying close to his right (I think) side and avoiding most of his blows. Excellent cheese, Gorgonzola quality in fact. What are everyones favourite actual cheeses? Whilst we're on the subject, mine is cheddar.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

MightyDemon82

@lolwhatno I remember those days, My mum would take my mega drive pad away from me and throw me outside. Hopefully they will calm down and you'll get it back, although it isn't right that you paid for it yourself and had it confiscated!

MightyDemon82

Thrillho

@lolwhatno I’m sure they’re doing it from a place of good intentions. But nine hours a week? Is that all?? 😉

Thrillho

Voltan

@lolwhatno More than 9h most weeks for sure... although last year I had a couple streaks when I'd do zero gaming for a few weeks (but mostly because I was focused on other things)...
Anyways... 9h is what I could do on a weekend alone - not every weekend maybe but it doesn't seem like a lot, honestly.

Voltan

Voltan

@lolwhatno Oh, ok. I'm not sure how much I was gaming when I was still in school but that doesn't sound too extreme to me

Voltan

MightyDemon82

@lolwhatno I wouldn't like to say how much hours per week I play, but it's quite a bit. Although recently I've been focusing more on getting through my read pile!

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@lolwhatno I probs do about 30 hours minimum of gaming a week in a normal working week plus weekends.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman I do love cheese. Quite like Dutch cheeses like Edam and Gouda but my favourite is probably a proper nutty Swiss cheese or a nice Comté.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder I'm quite sure I don't manage hat much. For me it's probably around 20 or something.

I just don't have more time than that!

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@lolwhatno I know people that play a lot more lol. I never used to play that much when I had a social life, but I don't these days so you gotta do you what you enjoy.

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Oh shoot! Typo on my part! Yeah I do about 20 - 25 hours a week. About 2 hours after work each night and around 12 hours on a weekend.

RogerRoger

@lolwhatno If you're able, download a game like Journey or The Last Guardian (or something equally sedate and charming; I think ABZÛ is currently part of Sony's Play at Home giveaway, so it won't even cost you anything) and give the controller to your parents.

Can certain games be overstimulating and excessively violent at times? Of course they can, but so can certain books, and movies, and television shows. I'm sure your parents wouldn't ban you from listening to all music if they discovered one profanity-laced metal album in your playlist. The only way to fix a misconception is through education. It's what I did with my folks. I even got my Mum a Nintendo DS, and she hasn't voiced a single concern about my gaming habits ever since.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@lolwhatno Video games do take you to other worlds and that's pretty much the point - this one kind of sucks right now

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@lolwhatno There are some pretty big misconceptions about video games in some circles. My dad is 73 and plays games and is always correcting people around the same age who think all games are all either like GTA or still like Space Invaders. They are also shocked that he plays video games at his age, but then in the same breath moan that they have nothing to do during lockdown.

JohnnyShoulder

@lolwhatno 'in the same breath' means to say something in the same statement, usually when they say two different or contradictory things.

Tbf to my dad, he has been playing video games for about 20 years now. He first go into it when he got made redundant and was the first time in his adult life he was not working. He was running out of things to keep his mind active (there was only so many times that he could paint that garage door), so he gave him my old ps1 which I wasn't using. He has been hooked ever since, and has been a god send for him during lockdown. I certainly would be lost without video games.

And you are welcome, have an awesome day yourself!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic