Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,081 to 6,100 of 10,089

Smash41

Voltan wrote:

MLB The Show '21 coming to Game Pass day 1 - things just got really weird

As an owners of both XSX and PS5 this new doesen't effect me, but you have to feel for those that only own Sony consoles and are expected to pay $70 for this while Sony is giving it away to Xbox subscribers.

Smash41

Voltan

@Smash41 I was never going to buy it so I guess it doesn't affect me either but you gotta admit that a PlayStation Studios game being "free" (inb4 "a subscription service =/= free") on Xbox and full price on PS looks confusing at the very least

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Its defo feels very strange. As MLB is the publisher on Xbox there is nowt Sony could do about it really. At the very least it just fuels the negativity towards Sony that some have.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

The MLB The Show thing is very very funny. I only own a PS5 so I’ll probably end up paying anyway but it does somewhat diminish the value especially when I’m already a bit weird about the £70 deal.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett @colonelkilgore I am at 73 vitality 25 end 30 str & 30 skill with a +6 Hunter Axe and 3 Tempering Blood Gemstone infusion imprints. Do you think I am ready to take on Ludwig the Accursed? If not, what else do I need to level up?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman honestly I couldn’t tell you bud, first it’s been a long old time since I’ve played Bloodborne (& I can’t even remember my level when playing the Old Hunters) and Bloodborne really is a game of skill. By that, I mean the very best players could beat him at Blood-level 1 and the very worst would still fail at Max level... so it’s difficult to gauge when anyone is ready for a particular section/boss.

All I would say is use a Hunter weapon (Saw-blade, whirligig saw etc... basically a weapon with a serrated blade)... it really does help against beast-bosses.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

MLB threatened to take the license from Sony if they didn’t agree to make MLB The Show multi platform... once Sony agreed to that (in order to keep producing the series) Microsoft then saw a perfect opportunity to make a power play (but exchange power for money).

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman I played the Old Hunters just before Mergo. I’d say you were ready at least 30 levels ago.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett @colonelkilgore I summoned another hunter into my game and we beat Ludwig together, finally, that's after a long time of trying to beat him and failing. The Moonlight Greatsword is mine, at last!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman well done bro, I hope you enjoyed the battle as much as I did. I’m still hoping for a Bloodborne PS5 remaster so that I can do the whole thing again.

@JohnnyShoulder he was tough to be honest, though of all the Bloodborne bosses there is an Amygdala in the Chalice Dungeons that kicked my ass more than any other boss (until Owl Father at Hirata Estate in Sekiro).

**** DLC!

LieutenantFatman

@TheBrandedSwordsman
I don't remember him being a particularly difficult boss if that helps. Really comes down to the play style of course. I usually charged in with a series of rapid strikes with the stake driver. Went well more often than not.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I think that was the only boss in Sekiro that I cheesed. One tough cookie!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman congrats! Hope you enjoy the rest of your journey. The boss Lady Maria is my personal favourite Bloodborne showdown. Cheers!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder if I’d known that there was a cheese-method, I’m not ashamed to say that I would have definitely used it.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore It’s always funny when you learn later on that there’s a way to cheese bosses. I only found out you could chuck the Iron Golem off a cliff in Dark Souls 1 after my brother did it. So I ended up whacking its ankles for an eternity the first time.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic