Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,061 to 6,080 of 10,081

Thrillho

I think “my” PS5 is due back tomorrow

Untitled

Thrillho

mookysam

@nessisonett How did you find it coming off the modern-playing 3DS one? The jumping is so strange in the first game, but the remaster is very nicely done in terms of presentation. Re:Chain of Memories really surprised me, too. I'm a sucker for Kingdom Hearts so it's one of the few series I'd buy a console for. Once I found out about Birth By Sleep I simply HAD to have a PSP. I was obsessed until I'd saved enough.😂

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam The flowmotion thing was great in the 3DS game but I actually loved how the stiffer platforming made getting chests in the first two games a lot harder and less of a box checking exercise. Especially the second game with the platforming in the Cavern of Remembrance, which is one of my favourite areas in any game.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

mookysam

@nessisonett Yeah, chests are almost right in front of you in later titles. You sort of adjust to the strange platforming in KH1, but one section that will forever annoy me is the area behind the waterfall in Deep Jungle. I liked finding all the Dalmatians; it forces the player to explore the levels more thoroughly. The Cavern of Remembrance is such a great addition to KH2 Final Mix! Even though the game's ancient at this point it still blew my mind to discover that new area. The challenge is pretty refreshing.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam Oh yes, I remember that exact area of Deep Jungle well. Many, many hours spent in frustration in that world in the original game and remake alike.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I did! It felt good. The final boss definitely presented a noticeable difficulty spike, so it was nice to be done with it. I have a trophy that won’t pop which is slightly annoying but what do you do?

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Jaz007

@Rogerroger Have you ever tried Hitman 3(or the trilogy I guess lol) in VR?

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 No, I haven't. VR scares me. I have been periodically watching a streamer I kinda like play through the old levels in VR, though (stopped when they got to Hitman 3 because spoilers; I haven't gotten around to them yet) and it looks absolutely wonderful. VR games seemed to be really nervous for a while, offering up short point-and-click experiences, so to see a full, "proper" game playable in VR feels like a major landmark achievement.

Have you been playing it in VR, then? If so, how have you found it?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@RogerRoger I have been. I went back and replayed the first few levels in VR, then just started playing in VR from the Japanese Hospital and on. It's absolutely incredible. How personal it all feels is incredible. Aside from a few cinematic kills (many unique kills are still in VR), it's all right from your perspective. The scale of the levels and exploring feels different in VR, as the levels feel bigger than before, almost overwhelmingly. It feels like a different experience honestly.
The sightseeing is also incredible. In the Japanese resort I spent an hour sightseeing as a patient before I did anything else. The tourism is on steroids. Just seeing everything in scale, observing the art up close, hearing the conversations around you. Watching a trap you set through the cracks in the closet. It's all something else and one of the best VR games/experiences I've had.
It's all incredibly immersive. Frankly, if you have any interest in VR, and you might be able to get over that fear, given your love of Hitman, I wonder whether it would make VR a good purchase for you on its own. I think it's funny that people say PSVR has slowed down when this just released.

Jaz007

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore @nessisonett Do either of you believe that Ludwig the Accursed is meant to be the "dragon" of Bloodborne? As he looks a bit like one and gifts you the Moonlight Greatsword, associated with Seath and Oceiros from the Dark Souls games, upon his ultimate demise? Credit for this theory goes to a user on Reddit who posted about it on there, I am just seeing what people think about it here as I found it quite an interesting theory, despite a lot of people shooting that person down on there.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer How's the piano going, buddy? Do you drink beer to relax nowadays? I remember you saying you had some problems in the past, if so, which beer(s) do you like?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’m not sure. Seath’s originally from King’s Field and was brought forward into Dark Souls so technically he’s either an anachronism and nothing to do with Dark Souls or they exist within the same universe. IIRC, the game states that Ludwig found the HMS on his travels so no, I don’t think that makes him the dragon of that game as the others were all going after the power of Moonlight. If anything, it’s more likely to be related to Ebrietas given that the Great Isz Chalice allows people to commune with her and Ludwig likely found the HMS while he was a tomb prospector in Isz.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman hmmm... not sure about that, would have to read the theory though, just to drain a full understanding of the perspective. As far as the aesthetic of Ludwig, he is more horse-like than dragon-like but obviously the Moonlight sword is generally something associated with dragons... so maybe.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 Yeah, I noticed how some moments in the YouTuber's stream would black out (mainly for specific animations, stuff like dumping a body over a railing?) or switch to a cutscene but otherwise, it looks like they've maintained an impressive amount. Like you say, it's the tourism aspect that'd get me, especially since the game deals in environmental extremes; walking around the marketplaces in Marrakesh or Mumbai must be a buzz, but then you'd have the isolation of Hawke's Bay or the quiet suburban corners of Whittleton Creek to balance them out. It's tangible enough on a 2D screen!

I'm real grateful for the thought. My issue with VR is that I'm scared of how absorbing it could be, since I struggle with an addictive personality. Put simply, I'd never take it off. I'm sure there'll come a day when I feel more able to try it; heck, it launched with more than enough franchise box-ticking for me (Batman, Lara Croft, Star Trek and Star Wars all had, and have subsequently added, content to the system). Glad you're enjoying it so much and yeah, here's to its continued support!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I love beer! I just don’t drink all that much these days. When I do, I generally prefer red and brown ales. Brewsters hammerhead is a personal favourite. Piano is good! Part of my soul haha
What do you like to drink?

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Personally I like a good Death by Chocolate (Guinness mixed with a double shot of Tia Maria) excellent stuff, try it sometime if you can get a hold of Guinness where you are. Highly recommended!

Black_Swordsman

@LordSteev Thanks for the guitar chat dude, hopefully we can have more of them in the future. What game(s) do you play out of interest? I'm a Souls fan myself as I've said many times before on here.

LordSteev

@TheBrandedSwordsman Over the last year or so, the two games that have resonated with me the most have been The Last of Us 2 and Cyberpunk 2077. I like big open worlds I can get lost in, more than challenging and frustrating combat/reloads. Although in the case of Last of Us 2, which isn't open world, what I really appreciated was the quality of the worldbuilding coupled with a flawless and bug free release. In the case of Cyberpunk, I love the size and thought that went into it. Most people played it for 3 hours and decided they didn't like it, but it takes at least 10-20 hours for the game to really open up and become more enjoyable. I guess I prefer my reloads to be random crashes instead of combat losses, lol.

Some of my favorites of all time are any Bethesda single player games, of which there has been a huge drought lately. Skyrim is probably my favorite game of all time. Also loved anything by Bioware before EA got their hands on them. And back in the ancient computer days, I loved Quake 2 and Heretic 2. The soundtrack on Quake 2 is still one of my favorites!

Well, more reading than you probably wanted to do, but there you have it.

LordSteev

Voltan

MLB The Show '21 coming to Game Pass day 1 - things just got really weird

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic