Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,041 to 6,060 of 10,078

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore It does look a bit Dead Spacey doesn't it? Currently playing Bloodborne, levelling up for The Old Hunters DLC right now. Have you played that?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho I think our victory was mainly due to poor bowling from the other side, I expect that rotation will provide some further challenges for us in the final match.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

TheIdleCritic

I guessed the plot of Godzilla VS Kong months ago. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out but still...! Now I might go and see it.

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

jdv95

@TheIdleCritic on topic of that film i find the whole "team kong vs team godzilla pointless (i know it's all just good fun though) because we all know that film will just be kong and zilla having 2 fight scenes with each of them winning 1 and the final battle will conclude with another enemy showing up and the 2 realising they will have to fight together to defeat it. either kong or zilla will die but both will be declared as kings of the monsters because they are equaly matched afterall.

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman oh yes... it’s the absolute best part of Bloodborne imho. Ludwig the Accursed is maybe my favourite boss fight off all time.

**** DLC!

TheIdleCritic

@jdv95 exactly. It's pretty much a non consequential narrative. But I suppose if the set pieces are well done it might be a good afternoon movie.

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore I wasn't 'wowed' by the youtube footage I saw of The Old Hunters though, but it looked interesting enough to play, there were just a few things in what I saw that let me down, however, you know how it is, as a gamer, you have to keep playing, have to have something to play.

N.B. I really want that Moonlight Greatsword, though!

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman I got no idea what level I was mate, it was a good while ago now... and no never summoned once in Bloodborne, not that I’m against it but just didn’t for some reason.

Also, I played the Chalice Dungeons after The Old Hunters and there was a boss down there that gave me more problems than all of the Old Hunters Bosses. You have to fight an Amygdala but the later Chalice Dungeons are like ng+4/5 level in difficulty... took me a LOT of attempts.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman The Old Hunters blows the base game out of the water IMO. Not a huge fan of 80% of Bloodborne but TOH is easily up there with my favourite areas in all Souls games.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Come on though, bosses like Shadows of Yharnam and The One Reborn, areas like Old Yharnam, Nightmare Frontier and the prison just aren’t very fun. The Old Hunters condenses the fluff and delivers only brilliant content in a well-paced space of time. It’s a great DLC that only emphasises the issues Bloodborne suffers from.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Horses for courses though. Some of those are my favourite areas and bosses in the game. You might not have found them fun but I did. Doesn't make either of us wrong, as all of that is subjective. Not to say the game is perfect, but it is far away from being a bad game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@nessisonett You're naming dropping pretty much everything I loved about Bloodborne, haha.

I thought Hunters was great, but I liked it because it was more of the same, not because it did anything way better than the original game.

(Also, I dig the Bloodborne setting way more than the Dark Souls setting, which is kinda boring to me).

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Arugula I’d watch but unfortunately I have three different assignments due this week that I’ve totally neglected since my PS5 arrived 😂

nessisonett

@Arugula It’s so annoying because this season’s shaping up to be a great one! It’ll be really interesting to see the back and forth between Red Bull and Mercedes.

nessisonett

So after all these years, the entire Kingdom Hearts series are on PC. This is what I bought my PS4 for back in the day!

mookysam

@nessisonett Kingdom Hearts is what I bought my PS2 for back in the day. And PSP. Man, I feel old.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam I actually did own the first two games on PS2 but never beat them. So I’d completed the two DS games and the 3DS game beforehand but PS4 was the first time I beat the first game!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic