Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,301 to 5,320 of 10,075

TheIdleCritic

JUST REACHED THE JETPACK LEVEL OF CRASH 2. SCREW THIS GAME TO HELL. I SPENT WHAT FELT LIKE YEARS TRYING TO BREAK THE FIRST BOX. IS IT STILL 2020? WHO THOUGHT THIS CONTROL SCHEME WOULD BE FUN? WERE THEY DEAF, DUMB, AND BLIND? I WAS HAVING A RELATIVELY FINE TIME UP UNTIL THE PENULTIMATE FLOOR; ALL GEMS, ALL RELICS - THEN A RAMP UP IN DIFFICULTY. THAT'S FINE, I THOUGHT. I'D BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME A LOT, MAYBE I'M TIRED. I'LL SKIP THE ONES I'M STUCK ON AND COME BACK LATER... BUT THIS JETPACK LEVEL? BEELZEBUB HIMSELF COULDN'T HAVE DESIGNED A MORE EVIL LEVEL.

It's been nice Crash, but no. Enough is enough you three quarter length trouser wearing sadistic psychopath.

nessisonett

@TheIdleCritic Oh yeah that one was pretty bad. I dunno, it took me quite a few tries but I didn’t have as much trouble as Crash 1. The controls took a while to get used to.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheIdleCritic

@nessisonett Yeah. I didn't find the majority of 2 that difficult. Just took practice but didn't get stuck too often. But this takes the biscuit. I can't be doing this. I might not even bother with 3. All I remember of that from my childhood is Coco riding a tiger over bridges.

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

nessisonett

@TheIdleCritic I played the first set of levels in 3 but haven’t gone back to it yet. I’ll get there eventually!

nessisonett

@TheIdleCritic Well that’s awful. I don’t think I’ve ever had that happen in a PS4 game. Commiserations.

RogerRoger

@TheIdleCritic Son of a... that's a kick in the pants. I'm real sorry your file corrupted!

If you've got PS Plus, did you happen to back up a previous save to the cloud? You might not have lost all of your progress then, and the glitch might've just been random bad luck.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

DerMeister

@TheIdleCritic That absolutely blows. I should probably back my file up, I don't want to get platinums for Crash 1 again.....

By the way, Crash 3 is by far the easiest, but the N. Sane Trilogy version has weird handling for the Coco jetski levels. I don't remember how the other vehicles handled, but I particularly remember the jetski being off. Just a heads-up if you do go back to it.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

TheIdleCritic

@nessisonett @RogerRoger @DerMeister

Thank you

Fighting back tears. I'm afraid I haven't backed it up. No real reason for not doing so. I'm just not very forward thinking. I should really turn on auto upload.

But it's quite all right really. I've extracted all the trophies I could from 2, and as I said I hit a wall with the jetpack levels. I really don't think I'm ever going to bother with them. Unfortunately that means that's as far as I go, but it is what it is. I've only completed the first island in 1 before I reached a level that destroyed my soul. And I haven't started 3 yet. So I've only lost progress for a game I'll never play again.

Th3solution

Well, that’s it. Any thoughts of ever playing Crash N. Sane Trilogy are now gone.

I have to say, the post did make me laugh. In a tragic “laugh together with you at the ironic and so horrific it’s comical” situation, not at you. 😄 @TheIdleCritic

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

TheIdleCritic

@Th3solution HAHA. If you can't laugh, what can you do!

I think I'll start something nice and easy for the holidays until I dive into Hitman 3 at the end of January. I can't be dealing with this level of stress anymore.

Th3solution

@TheIdleCritic Agreed. A good walking sim or a visual novel seem to be in order.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

TheIdleCritic

@Th3solution you know what game I had my eye on that had gone completely dark? As a result I've forgotten the name, but you play a postal delivery worker in a small town. Quite cartoony graphics. No idea when it's coming out big it looked so peaceful and calming.

Th3solution

@TheIdleCritic I don’t recall that game specifically, but it looks like just what you need right now.

I cranked up a Telltale game the other day (the much forgotten and one of the final nails in the coffin, Guardians of the Galaxy) when I was burned out on ‘twitchy button mashing intense combat.’ I’ve always been a sucker for Telltale even though the games look like garbage and play like a high school kid’s computer science project. Give me a nice story, some easy dialogue choices, and a few QTE’s mixed in and I’m good for a while as my stamina recharges.

Edited on by Th3solution

nessisonett

@TheIdleCritic IIRC it was called Lake. It looked brilliant, can’t wait for it to come out.

nessisonett

If things weren’t bad enough for CDPR, they’ve just kowtowed to the CCP and blocked Devotion from being listed on GOG. All because they snuck in jokes about Xi Jinping that were patched out last year and are a Taiwanese team. That in turn led the devs behind SkateBIRD to pull their game from GOG as well, citing solidarity with their fellow indie devs. Rather ironic given the subject matter of Cyberpunk.

Edited on by nessisonett

Rudy_Manchego

@nessisonett Yeah I saw this and it's annoying as I quite fancy trying devotion. The thing is, even I knew about the controversy from China regarding it. Obviously they were going to draw the ire of China with it and get a lot of issues. Not saying they should not release the game but it can't have been a surprise. A real shame.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

ralphdibny

@TheIdleCritic @antdickens @RogerRoger and @mookysam

I just wanted to say thank you for your help, support and advice in that other thread which I've now deleted. The citizens advice bureau didn't seem too helpful to use at first but the resources they provided me really helped me gain a reasonable perspective on the situation and formulate a constructive and measured approach to resolution.

Without being too specific, I managed to rally the troops and encourage them to voice their misgivings. I voiced my own issues too and offered constructive solutions. I ended up actually rewriting parts of the agreement so it benefits all parties and these changes have been accepted. Which sounds a bit insane really but I was happy to do it just so the matter could be resolved.

And now my week of stress and sleepless nights are now over! Thank you all

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

TheIdleCritic

@ralphdibny You were able to rewrite it? Fantastic. I'm glad you were able to make things a but more palatable.

@nessisonett That's it! It looks really cool. A nice little jaunt. Says Q2021 at the moment. Hopefully sooner than later.

There's another game by some mates in Australia called Unpacking. The premise is, well, unpacking boxes. It's more fun than it sounds! Should be out soon.

@Th3solution Sometimes one needs that. I always go back to the Sims 2.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic