Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,321 to 5,340 of 10,056

mookysam

@ralphdibny That’s brilliant! I’m really glad things worked out. Much of the time employers write employment particulars and employee handbooks without the appropriate level of knowledge, which can lead to problems down the line. Often there isn’t a genuine desire to do wrong by their employees, so it’s great that they were receptive to your concerns. You should be really proud of yourself for improving things for you and your colleagues. 😀

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

ralphdibny

@TheIdleCritic that's the craziest thing about it to be honest but I think that's why they were more receptive, because I'd already done the work for them. Pending approval and minor changes, it just became a copy and paste job for them.

@mookysam thank you! I hope my colleagues feel the same lol. I think the main problem that it was just boilerplate (I think that's the correct terminology) and not specific enough. So even if I haven't made stuff better, I am glad I've made it so it doesn't get any worse. They've left one bit in that's not allowed but it can be lawfully ignored according to official government guidance and I've made people aware of that so they can act accordingly.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Thrillho

@ralphdibny Awesome stuff. Sorry I there wasn't anything I could contribute to help but it looks like far more knowledgable people than me got you a pretty good outcome!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Excellent news, thanks for the update and very nicely done!

Here's to a very sleepy Christmas for you!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@Thrillho cheers, no problem, it's not an easy thing to give advice on anyway! I'm glad cooler heads prevailed though as most of my workplace disagreements involve a lot of effin and blindin!

@RogerRoger cheers! Yep had a good sleep this morning followed by a woodland walk with my partner where I talked like a pirate (which probably means I was in a good mood but a little bored lol)

See ya!

Jaz007

Well, I just decided to see what's new by going to the PS Store on my computer. It's so bad. Trying to browse is impossible. There's no way to look at new games past a small time frame, no way to sort games, nothing. I'm amazed they've still got this store up honestly.

Jaz007

Ralizah

https://www.pcgamer.com/devotions-developer-vows-we-wont-stop...

CD Projekt is run by cowards, apparently. Why even agree to a host a game like this, which was always going to be a controversial move for Chinese nationalists, if you're just going to buckle at the first threats of reprisal?

I regret giving GOG my money for as long as I have.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah The absolute gall of GOG stuns me. This is after years of the site’s Twitter making ‘jokes’ about trans people, making MeToo ‘jokes’, their PR was even run by a guy with ties to GamerGate! They’ve spent a good long while espousing the whole ‘anti-PC gone mad’ attitude and yet they’re perfectly OK with pulling a game because the CCP told them to? They’ll defend Ion Fury amidst that game’s multiple controversies but not Devotion despite them both having patched out language that offended somebody? I wonder what the difference is between those two situations, one involving the use of the word ‘fagbag’ with the devs running an outright bigoted Discord and the other involving a Winnie The Pooh reference about a world leader? The real kick in the teeth is that the WHOLE SCHTICK of GOG is ‘we offer full DRM-free downloads to avoid delistings and the like’ and they’ve cancelled the game’s release before it came out! I hope more devs follow the SkateBIRD devs’ lead and pull their games. Good riddance.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett I'm not even giving them the benefit of the doubt in that regard: it was probably bots and outrage on Weibo that scared them. This was just SUCH a dumb move. Literally two seconds of research into Devotion will tell you that any company who picks it up for distribution is going to be bullied by Chinese nationalists for it. Picking this game up would require both moral clarity and a stiff backbone, neither of which are possessed by the suits heading this company.

Did, like, one guy make this deal without consulting the rest of the company first?

Anyway, I do hope more developers pull their games as well. All that "pro-consumer" posturing and edgelord marketing for their games and they wet themselves at the merest whiff of controversy over a game totally undeserving of the poor treatment it has received.

Pathetic.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

@nessisonett Wow! Yeah, they're betting hard on that Chinese market. No wonder they capitulated so quickly. Although that still doesn't explain why the arrangement was ever made in the first place.

I'll admit I almost did a spit-take when I read: "CDPR has a good reputation in China as a competent developer that takes the time to create masterpiece titles." They might want to delay that launch as far into the future as possible.

As to posting tweets? Just click directly on the tweet you want to share and then paste the link, like so:

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Cheers for that, it’s eluded me for months 😂

SweetSummerShunv

Wow the GOG-Devotion controversy has even spread here. Well I'll owe up to the fact that I bought 5 games on GOG yesterday because they were on sale there but weren't so on Steam, and since I'm a Chinese chick... OK I guess I'll say no more.

SweetSummerShunv

RogerRoger

...wait, there's a problem with GOG now?

I'll hold my hands up and admit to using them quite a lot in recent years, as a PC gaming newbie, because being able to play my purchases offline held a contingency appeal. I'll also hold my hands up, however, and admit to knowing nothing about the company before giving them my cash. Shame on me for not doing my homework. Line drawn.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I think CDPR have completely sunk their company. It’s the higher ups too, not the average worker who’s been crunched for months and for what? To get the brunt of the blame for the game not being finished? It’s the execs who wanted the game out early that are the problem, and in fact it’s a wide issue with the industry, where people want games as soon as possible while being polished. Devs need to announce their games when they’re at least ready. And Sony were perfectly within their rights, CDPR made them the bad guys if Sony’s refund policy didn’t match CDPR’s promise of full refunds. Just nonsense from start to finish, this whole situation.

DerMeister

Yeah, Cyberpunk has had a rough go since it was released. My concern goes to the devs, who've been subject to crunch for a long while and now have to keep working just to get the game properly working on consoles.

I know crunch has been a problem for a long time now, well over a decade, but it's ridiculous at this point.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Zuljaras

I am sure CDPR will be just fine if they fix the game. This game is not their only source of income. IF (big IF) they fix Cyberpunk they will restore some reputation.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic