Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,041 to 5,060 of 10,089

Gremio108

@Kidfried @nessionett I've been watching it since I woke up and it's proper car crash stuff. It can't be long before Trump chains himself to a White House radiator.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Octane

This is how console wars should go IMO.

Xbox sold 5.6m units during launch week!
PS5 releases one week later, sells 4.2 units in its first three days!
Phil Spencer: "STOP THE COUNT!"
Jim Ryan: "Digital sales don't count! They are frauds!"
Phil: "PEGI and ESRB are corrupt!"
Sid Shuman: "Let's take this to court!!!"

Octane

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Do you work as a GP then? Or are you a different kind of doctor? What kind, in that case? Just out of interest. I hope you'll be able to get t'internet up and running soon after you move in there, otherwise you might need to post in the Goodbye/Vacation Thread like I did just to notify people of your potential absence. What work needs doing on the house?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’m a radiologist so interpret scans that have been done. I really enjoy it!

I think we’ll only be without broadband for a week and hopefully once I change mobile phone network I might be able to get 4G in the interim at least! The house is just dated and needs modernising, maybe some building work in the medium term.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Anti-Matter The X Box Series S and X both launch on November 10th.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

I need help, my 10 year old niece has taken over my t.v. and is watching Fgtv and various youtubers play among us 😵. I just want to hit that guy and watching other people play games gives me that same feeling when subjected to 90 mins of football, feels like it goes on and on and on and on......

MightyDemon82

Th3solution

@MightyDemon82 Haha! Watching other people play certain games can be entertaining but Among Us, not so much. 😆

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

R1spam

@Octane apparently the trump campaign are having a press conference in downtown philadephia later. Hopefully its to concede cos Biden got the votes now, hallelujah 🙌

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

nessisonett

@Octane Sounds about right. Embarrassing.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jdv95

congratulations to the american push square members with their new president and vice president!

truly a historical election with a even more historical result.

may you all finally find peace and safety on the streets!

jdv95

Th3solution

@jdv95 I get the impression that the general reaction over in Europe is positive to having Biden but apparently Boris and Trump were buddies? And he and Biden haven’t necessarily got along in the past? I didn’t know that until I heard it recently on a news piece. So maybe the populace in UK and Europe are exhaling a sigh of relief but supposedly some of the leaders might be displeased.
Anyways, I’ll be glad when it’s over, all the same. We need to move forward and it was a deft gesture in his acceptance speech for Biden to commit himself to unifying the country and ending partisan toxicity.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Boris and Trump were both installed by Steve Bannon. They’re intrinsically linked. Plus, Biden’s proud of his Irish heritage which scuppers a post-Brexit trade deal if the UK screw over Ireland in the process. Biden and Harris truly detest Boris, the word ‘disgust’ was used in relation to racist remarks he made about Obama. The general public are chuffed that Trump lost over here, the leaders definitely aren’t. Although I did laugh at the American media reporting that there were fireworks over here celebrating Biden winning... despite it being Bonfire Night over here.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

mookysam

@Th3solution Most people here seem to loathe Trump. He's extremely unpopular. What is interesting is how many of the conditions that led to Trump's election are also present here.
Biden's election creates a headache for the government because they were pinning their hopes on a US trade deal (complete with disgusting US food standards and NHS access). Now they will have to cooperate more with the EU or risk wrecking the economy further than it already has been by Covid. As for Ireland, the government recently presented a Bill that would break international law and also undermine the Good Friday Agreement. The US is a co-guarantor of the agreement, so it is not simply about Biden's heritage. From other countries' perspectives I can see why they would view the UK as untrustworthy. Johnson is also a racist who has written some truly disgusting things that I won't repeat. I've never understood why successive British governments have been so eager to lick the arsehole of whoever is US president. It's quite sad, isn't it? The empire and WW2 was finished long ago and Britain no longer matters, so perhaps clinging to America's coattails makes them feel important? The US simply enjoyed Britain's access to the EU. Now that's gone they have no use for the UK or Boris. How sad for him.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

jdv95

i heard firage lost a 10.000 pound bet over this election with biden's win.

and no suprise that man supports trump...

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

Does anyone else find it weird that on here I get Xbox adverts but when I pop on over to Pure Xbox I get PlayStation adverts? I think the Google advertising algorithm has got confused somehow! 😆

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic