Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,801 to 4,820 of 5,001

ralphdibny

@crimsontadpoles super hanjie is ridiculous. I've found a few puzzles where the logic is working out what boxes won't be filled in when no boxes are filled in so you can then fill in some boxes if that makes sense. It's a really advanced hanjie technique which I had no idea about when I got hooked on the apps as none of them actually use this logic. Normally I just bolt through them when it's counting the boxes but super hanjie has kicked my ass a few times because of that really un-obvious technique.

That beyond sudoku sounds good but I only know how to play picross and sudoku and I'm not great at the latter. I normally have to be shown how to do them in person before I can get on my way, least that's how it was with hanjie before I got hooked on it!

I thought about subbing to the puzzler magazines but instead I just went on eBay and to Smith's and bought as many back issues as I could and I probably have enough to last me a few years now!

ralphdibny

Th3solution

The recent thread about reselling games got me thinking — and this is a random question that I wasn’t sure where it belonged, so here into “chit-chat” it goes!

Are there any platforms where you can give a used digital copy to someone else?
I mean like, is that possible on steam or Xbox? I know I heard you can gift a purchased game voucher or code to someone on Steam and Xbox but I assumed that’s a new copy, not one already used. Could I buy digital a copy of.. say Control and play it for a few months, and then give it to a friend after I’ve completed it? I mean in a similar manner to just giving them a disc if I had it physically.

If such a thing exists or was implemented for PS5, I think that would be really interesting. I have a large digital library that has several games I will likely not play again, and if I had physical copies of these then I’d be inclined to give away those games that didn’t have much resale value. Transfer of ownership for something digital is a little trickier I realize but it seems plausible.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

nessisonett

@Th3solution I use family sharing on Steam so that my brothers and I can share digital games between us. There are limitations since you can only play the other person’s library if they’re not in the middle of a game but it’s really useful.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @nessisonett Think you can family share on PS4 too. I've never done it, but i think a few people on here do.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

Strangely can't find the 'TLOU2' thread, was it another Kratos one we haven't replaced? Anyway they are adding a permadeath mode in an update.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @nessisonett Family sharing is better than nothing, but I would like the ability to just relinquish my rights to a digital game and transfer it to someone else, even if they aren’t in my same family. Any likelihood of that? In the push toward digital gaming I really think the consumer may lose out on the ability to give away (or sell) their games. Fortunately PS5 has a disc drive (well, at least one SKU does) so that the transfer of ownership for physical games can be kept simple.

Anyways, I didn’t mean to bring up digital vs physical here. I think we have a thread for that. I was just wondering if other platforms were doing it since Steam (and to a lesser extent MS) tend to be ahead of the curve on some of these things.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution It could happen but unfortunately I don't see it as that would mean both Sony and the Publisher would lost out on the sale of the game. Publishers have long wanted to get shot of the 2nd hand market for this reason.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder @Th3solution Yeah, that’s my thought as well, publishers hate second-hand games. I do love CEX though, I’ve got so many games for cheap from there. There’s also absolute bottom of the barrel stuff that I’ve bought as joke presents.
Untitled
Untitled

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah CEX is good lol. It was a lifesaver when I bought my ps4 as I used up most of my disposable income getting the console and a game. So ended up trading my 360 and a few games which saw me through until I wasn't so skint. My mate used to complain that newer games weren't that cheap in there which is true, but if you are buying new games from there you are a mug lol. I've still got about 50 odd quid in store credit which I've not touched for ages and a bunch of games to trade in.

Is that Rangers game for a Celtic fan?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Oh absolutely, I wrapped it in Celtic wrapping paper, put on a nice wee green and white ribbon and then they opened it to find that monstrosity. I spent more on the wrapping of the present than the actual game 😂😂

themcnoisy

Anyone know what the gadget club is as part of this months ps plus? Just noticed it on an implanted advert on the main page.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

The Commander Shepard account on Steam has finally broken their trend of reviewing every single game on Steam with the same message. Guess what game it was for!

Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

Love this.

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder Awesome - I love Ebrietas in Hollow Knight form. She is my favourite boss in the game, from a pure aesthetic aspect - the moment you walk in with the music playing it is full on Lovecraftian horror. Minus the racism bits.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Oh yes, that really freaked me out when when I first encountered her. It shouldn't have really as after The One Reborn I should have been ready for anything.

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Not sure if I have a favourite one really, but there are only 3 or 4 which I disliked from the main game and dlc.

jdv95

so does anyone have mortal shell on their radar? i kinda do.

jdv95

Draco_V_Ecliptic

@jdv95 Yes, and I've started a Mortal Shell OT thread in the Playstation 4 forum on this website, feel free to participate!

"Guinevere herself was unworthy of the love she inspired, but then a queen steps so lightly even when crushing a louse."

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic