Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,781 to 4,800 of 10,075

nessisonett

Current word is that it looks like scientists have identified signs of life in the atmosphere of Venus. If so, it would at least provide something good to come out of 2020!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett That’s something good? What if that life form is set to come over and conquer Earth? Or perhaps be another microbe that is set to cause global extinction when it’s brought back to be studied in a lab, only to break free and infect everyone.

...I probably watch too many Sci Fi movies.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution The microbes couldn’t do any worse than most of our global leaders so I’m up for it.

Thrillho

Plexus

Pulling my hair out!!!! I have 2 PS4's. Myself and my two kids play on these. I bought minecraft for PS4 (also have bought as ios/android/windows). so, all i want to do is to be able to have them both on the Playstaitons playing on a server that i have setup on my windows machine. problem is that only my login on PS4 will allow to play the full game. I am really hoping that i do not need to buy the game 2 more times to accomplish what i want to...... second thing i will want to do later is be able to setup a realm via my windows account so they have a place to play online with their freinds, i am guessing at this point that i will need to activate 2 more ps plus accounts (one for each of them to accomplish?)

Plexus

Black_Swordsman

As I play Dark Souls Remastered(GiantDad build, Guts (Berserk) build, previously) and Dark Souls 3 (Geralt of Rivia build, currently) ,I reflect that I am playing these games purely for the pleasure of playing them, as I have already completed both of them, and am just playing them casually; for the sake of enjoying the quality of the games with different builds, and perhaps seeking out the odd, elusive trophy that I may have missed, first time around.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

RR529

A little update on the Japanese snacks I've eaten over the past few weeks.

First up an instant noodle bowl that you're supposed to eat cold!
Untitled
Untitled
Pretty ingenious, it had a peel off slotted area on the lid (on the opposite end where you open it up) to drain the hot water after cooking. Afterwards you fill it with cold water, drain it again, and repeat a few times until the cooked noodles are cold. The noodles themselves were good (you mix in the ingredients after cooling them off), but although it's a fun novelty I think I prefer my noodles hot.

Next up is "Soup de Pasta", a cup clearly marketed as more of a western style take on the concept. It featured Spaghetti style noodles & Cod roe (the little red bits).
Untitled
Untitled
Definitely not one of my favorites. The seasoning mixed up into a hot watery take on a cream based sauce, it had a pungent fishy odor (as someone who generally likes seafood, this isn't a complaint I've made before), and there weren't many noodles. To my surprise after the stink, it actually tasted pretty okay, but not something I'll purposefully get again.

Next up is a cup of "Kitsune Udon", which is of the same brand as the "Tanooki Soba" I posted last time. It featured fried Tofu. Untitled
Just like it's predecessor it tasted delicious, with a rich, almost sweet flavor (which I think is from the Nori, now that I paid attention).

Next up is a pack of onion flavored ramen.
Untitled
Nothing particularly standout, but they tasted pretty good.

Finally, a bag of Evangelion branded potato chips. They come in a few different variants, but I got the Unit 0/Rei design in my box.
Untitled
Untitled
I think they were supposed to be some sort of special flavor, but they seemed to be just regular potato chips to me. Tasted good, just nothing special or exotic.

Sorry for the long post. I had intended to post these as I ate them and just got behind in actually doing it, lol. I know it's probably not that interesting a topic.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

@RR529 I find it interesting! Always good to see tasty food from different countries. I got a slow cooker this week so made garlic and Parmesan chicken thighs with roasted potatoes. Not bad at all, although slow cookers really are slow. 4 hours in there!

JohnnyShoulder

@RR529 Were you too busy eating the snacks to post about them?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RR529

@nessisonett, thanks, that sounds good!

@JohnnyShoulder, probably, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Well it’s probably my biggest passion other than gaming so I do cook a wide variety of stuff. My favourites would probably be Mexican food cause it results in a ton of leftovers and Italian because you can experiment a lot with sauces. I like to cook Japanese food on occasion but it’s quite hard to stock up on cupboard staples like mirin, sake, dashi and proper soy sauce without spending too much.

Kidfried

@themcnoisy Can I ask something of you? Would you remove my PSN from this post of yours? https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/online_gaming_and_communiti...

My PSN username is my real name, which is why I'm not too candid about it.

@antdickens I'm ok with members of this site seeing my PSN-name on my profile or other personal information, but I don't see why non-members should be able to. Could maybe something be built so that I can decide whether non-members are able to see that kind of information.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried We had a similar situation with the fantasy football. At least that’s only members though, I didn’t think about lurkers on the forum.

themcnoisy

@Kidfried I can't edit it, the thread has been archived. I will ask @antdickens to delete the thread if you want? We don't use it anyway.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

mookysam

I’m getting rather sick of this site’s tolerance for bigotry in the article comments. It’s been noticeable throughout the year - particularly Naughty Dog articles and now in the Harry Potter one. Homophobes get a “no worries mate”. The staff need to seriously get a grip.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Kidfried

@mookysam Yup. Almost made me leave this site completely when TLOU2 came out. Would love the staff to come out and say "hate isn't allowed on this site. Don't say homosexuality is a choice, science has proven they're not. Dont call all trans people sexual deviants, it's hateful, not scientific"

Kidfried

nessisonett

I know I should just hit ignore but seeing stuff like ‘trans people are sexual deviants’ and ‘homosexuality is a choice’ is beyond a joke. I know this is a games site but the more places make a stand and actually lay out that they don’t support bigotry and hatred in any way, the better. I know the staff can’t moderate every hour of the day but there’s been some sickening stuff and instead of just deleting everything to do with the discussion, some sort of statement would be nice.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic