Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,821 to 4,840 of 10,056

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah, not too bad to be honest. It’s all from home so they’ve condensed each class into one semester and we get 3 this year and 3 in February. It’s a lot more practical stuff so web app development, functional programming, networking and concurrency just now. Should be hard work but I enjoy learning new stuff.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

Was there a ps4 recommendations thread? Did it get nuked along with somebody's account?

There was a user on the NL forums asking for PS4 recommendations and I was going to link them to it but I can't find it. Maybe it's called something less descriptive and I'm searching for the wrong thing!

See ya!

Kidfried

Celebrating the 25th user I put on my ignored list today.

(Most of them are probably not around anymore or blocked anyway, but still...)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried ummmmm, congratulations i guess?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Kidfried Lol, I took a peek and at the article and the comments and I’m pretty sure I know who you blocked 😂 . The person had an ironic username too, given it’s named after a character who started out as a PlayStation exclusive. Perhaps it’s meant to be a dig at Sony for losing Ninja Theory to MS.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution Ha ha I'd suggest it may have more to do with their mental health judging by the posts. Very worrying (I'm not being pithy - genuinely think there are issues).

@Kidfried Just testing to see if I'm on the ignored list... I mean I do copy your PS character choices!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

@Th3solution Haha, no I didn't even block them or anyone in that comment section. I didn't even read the comment section for that article.

I am considering buying an Xbox Series S down the line, so I try to keep updated on possible Xbox exclusives a bit... So I usually just scroll through the headlines over there, and read the occasional article.

Kidfried

Kidfried

I really wonder how @Rudy_Manchego is doing. Haven't heard from them in ages. I would expect them to be the kind of person to reply to this thread.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

To be honest I wish the next gen consoles were out this week. It's starting to drive me up the wall with all the petty tribalistic squabbling going on & the negativity surrounding every bit of info we get on all sides 😧

At least in the forums here everyone's usually (Well practically always with the regulars) pretty level headed and respectful to one another regardless of the preferred platform

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried Arggghhhh this is just like Year 6 when Steve in Class 3B ignored me for two weeks.

On topic though, I'm interested in a Series S as the Xbox is my secondary console that I use to play with some friends and for Gamepass. I missed out on a pre-order (which to be honest, I couldn't afford) so will have to wait.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I know exactly what you mean. Absolutely no one, INCLUDING Sony and Microsoft know what is going to happen next generation. Getting angry and defensive as if you somehow know the future is mad. It is fun to speculate but seriously, make your own choice, support what you want to and let others do the same.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'm glad when the negativity is over. Also I was super stressed and cursing all over the house when I tried to get my pre-order in this morning, so I can relate with anyone feeling stressed about the upcoming consoles.

That being said it's so strange when people feel the need to hate on a console they're not buying anyway. It makes about as much sense to me as if one was saying "LEGO IS FOR LITTLE KIDS. I DONT PLAY WITH THAT STUFF NO MORE. IM NOW GOING TO REJOICE AT EVERY TIME THERE IS BAD NEWS ABOUT LEGO AND TELL YOU WHY MY BARBIE IS SO MUCH BETTER"

I have no problem or whatsoever with the fans that are just optimistic in an almost naive way about the upcoming system. I'm hyped for next gen as well

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I'm much the same with Pure Xbox, read a few of the articles and the comments. Most of them seem ok, but there are a few that just trolling PlayStation for no apparent reason. I just roll my eyes and move on.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

To be fair, it’s not like Push Square haven’t been doing literally the exact same thing the last few days.

Kidfried

@nessisonett I don't know if we mean the same when you say "exactly the same thing".

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried Well the articles talking about Game Pass not being viable or reacting to the Bethesda thing or MS ‘threatening’ acquisitions. Both sides have somewhat stoked the flames, even unintentionally, as it generates more discussion.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic