Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,761 to 4,780 of 10,096

Th3solution

@Kidfried No, I’d never seen Pombar. But now I will keep my eye out for it in the International section of the grocery. If I don’t like them then I can store the bag neatly beside my nearly full jar of Marmite under the label of “failed European snack attempts.”

@LieutenantFatman Does lifting a DualShock 4 count as “weight lifting”?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BearsEatBeets

Salt and Vinegar is probably my least favourite crisp flavour but strangely find it okay with Discos and Chipsticks. I still see Discos in most shops near me @RogerRoger. It's strange how some things go missing in certain shops, I had a hankering for some Golden Grahams recently and that seems to have disappeared.
@LieutenantFatman another fan of fig rolls here. I don't do the other stuff but I do love a homemade banana milkshake with real bananas and a couple of scoops of ice-cream.

Anyone else share a love of these kings
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets I prefer Frazzles but those bacon ones aren’t bad. Never tried the scampi ones because they just smell bad.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett I like Frazzles, they're a good crisp but I personally think the Fries have a better taste/texture. When it comes to crisps(chips for our US pals), I definitely have a stronger affinity for the maize based products as opposed to your potato based one.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Those scampi fries are well tasty but you can't go near anyone afterwards for fear of them melting from the smell.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ralphdibny

@Th3solution I'm with ya on that one, sour cream and onion are totally nang! One of the best flavours but I also agree with @crimsontadpoles , the BBQ ones are pretty good too. I just think pringles pack a lot of flavour in general.

Weird snack though because they are like a reconstituted crisp. There's this weird thing where they tried not to pay tax in the UK because they don't have enough potato in them to be called a crisp but the judges were basically like, "looks like crisp, tastes like a crisp....pay tax on the crisp". I think all our junkfood has heavy taxes on it!

@Kidfried pom bears are ridiculously good, so munch. I even like the Lidl home brand equivalent

@BearsEatBeets I'm lookin forward to trying some of them giant wotsits! If they still come in cheesy that is. Flamin hot should be reserved for monster munch!

This thread is making me hungry now...maybe for some skips or quavers....

See ya!

Kidfried

Salt and vinegar is probably my favorite crisps flavor.

@Th3solution One of the MANY reasons I still want to visit the US one day is just to try some strange snacks!

Kidfried

Kidfried

@ralphdibny Haven't been to Lidl in a long while, even though I think there is one close to my home. With my rent being low and not having a baby or anything to worry about, I just pay way too much for groceries. :X

Kidfried

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles Yeah, Christmas cards are in stores now, it’s mad. I froze a couple of those s’mores pop tarts and they were really good though, I’ve never had them frozen before.

Th3solution

@Kidfried Absolutely! Come on over. Strange snacks we have aplenty! A nation doesn’t get to be the world leader in obesity without having some delicious junk food!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles @nessisonett That is ridonculous Christmas stuff being in the shops so early. It is when it starts battling out with the Haloween stuff it gets a bit OTT.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

I've been listening to Ariel Pink's The Doldrums record, and loving it, it is a great, nostalgic, highly emotive, feel-good/feel melancholic record tinged with shades of black and grey but with a distinct autumn feel to it, evocative of lyrical ballads and leaves falling and turning brown. @nessisonett did you enjoy your college days and do you think you will feel nostalgic about them in the years to come? I greatly enjoyed my college days and look back on them with a sense of reverie, I am a bit older than you, I am sure, but do you reckon you will look back on them with the same sense of nostalgia? I had great friendships and played in bands while I was there, and Ariel Pink's album The Doldrums just brings back all those times for me. Do you think there is a band or band that will remind you of your college days in the years to come?, particularly if they were particularly special for you.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Haha I’m about halfway through uni so perhaps I’ll look back on these years as fondly as you!

BearsEatBeets

@Arugula think it will just be classed a racing incident, four abreast into the corner doesn't work. Not sure if they could have done anything about Max's power loss but with it beached in the gravel we'll never know so I have mixed feelings about gravel traps.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@Arugula I can see the race going on with no pit-stops now if everyone swaps to hard tyres now. The back third decided to start racing before the rest did.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@Arugula I think it's because Bottas ( well within his rights in rules) left it to the last possible second to get going and some of the back just responded to the green lights. I don't recall a restart after a safety car getting going on the straight before. It feels like they normally go for it the corner before. Your right they might have to look at it.
Yeah the tyres are still a bit of an unknown on this track I suppose.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic