Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,581 to 4,600 of 10,077

Black_Swordsman

Thanks for all the input everyone, I definitely know how to handle arguments in romantic relationships from now on. Changing the subject now, has anyone played Conan Exiles? What are your thoughts?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

Anyone know the slightest thing about plumbing? My kitchen sink’s drain gurgles whenever the boiler comes on for any reason. From my little knowledge, I reckon there’s air in the hot water pipe so I should turn the water off, drain the system and turn it back on. I really don’t want to mess with it before knowing that it won’t wreck things even more though. The plumbing in this house is an absolute nightmare.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Gremio108

@nessisonett Run every hot tap and shower in the house at the same time. Tends to work for me. Not massively environmentally friendly, like. I apologise in advance if your boiler explodes.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

nessisonett

@Gremio108 That sounds so crazy it might work. If I don’t reply then my house is on fire and I am dead.

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett assuming you have a condenser boiler the condense pipe (waste water pipe, water vapour is a product of combustion and it needs to get out of the system) is most likely plumbed into the same waste pipe as your sink. I expect that gurgling is the sound of the water in the P trap under your sink. You’d need a heating engineer to check the plumbing out really, I understand it can be potentially be dangerous, since other toxic products of combustion (carbon monoxide) can exit through the condense pipe (although most/all of it goes out the flue) along with waste water, and if you’re hearing gurgling those gasses, if present, could technically be getting released into your house through your plug hole. That said I really wouldn't worry and it’s very unlikely to be quantities that would be harmful but it would be sensible to get a pro to look at it, or maybe a co alarm at least, and you can thank me for saving you and your entire family another day.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Ah, oh dear. My boiler is annoying and kills itself on a regular basis so that may be the issue. I’ll have a nosy tomorrow but it’s mostly a minor annoyance for now that I worry will develop into something worse.

JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@kyleforrester87 I'm beginning to understand why your plumbing advice consultancy company is seeing more repeat business than mine

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

nessisonett

I turned on all the hot taps at once and the problem hasn’t completely gone away but it’s a lot better than it was. The plumbing in this house is atrocious because it’s a council new build so it’s been a nightmare trying to work out how it even works. Now the drain only gurgles the second the boiler fully kicks in and doesn’t do it again. I assume that means some of the air has been released but there’s still some trapped in the pipes that I have no idea how to release. Perhaps it’ll sort itself the more I use the hot taps as that seems to have somehow helped.

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Happened to me quite frequently early on, to the point where I now do a Select All + Copy on every single post I write (and after each paragraph on long posts; this one also combats the half-hour inactivity sign-out when you're not using cookies). I'm sorry you lost all that work.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@KratosMD isn’t the cloud flare thing a security measure? I once had a post that randomly triggered it and Ant looked into it. There may have been something innocuous in your post doing the same.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@KratosMD Anything in your post that resembled code such as SQL? I assume Cloudflare has measures against injection that might have been triggered by something in your post. So basically what @Thrillho says 😂😂

Th3solution

@KratosMD sorry about that, man. Now I’m really curious what it was that you lost.

I can’t say that I’ve had anything exactly like what you experienced, but have written a long post and lost it before when my browser was left inactive and refreshed, so I’m a big proponent of the @RogerRoger method of ‘select all’ and ‘copy’ to the clipboard any longer post like a review. Or, alternatively, making the original post in a document application then copying it over on the site from there. Still, I feel your pain because sometimes thoughts come just in the moment and one may not be planning on it being long (like this post 😂) and so if you lose it then it may be hard to recall what those thoughts were.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I've never had a method named after me before. I'm honoured!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, we call it the RogerRoger Method, or RRM for short. Not to be confused with REM, which is the overrated 80’s alternative rock band of “Losing My Religion” fame, and the acronym for Rapid Eye Movement phase of sleeping. Also not to be mistaken for Red Redemption Massacre, which of course is Rockstar’s next gen project which is a sequel to RDR and shows the story Jack Marston’s involvement in organized crime leading to the Valentines Day Massacre. (Not really, but it sounds legit, right 😉)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

Anyone else watch the XBox Series X reveal event hoping to see Elden Ring footage? Did you see the Fable trailer? (PS5 as well, I presume)

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Blimey, that next Red Dead game pitch is frighteningly believable! We all need to remember what page we're on, so we can rush back and bask in the glory of your foresight come the day of its reveal (also, next week's lottery numbers would be great, please and thank you).

For now, though, I'm totally keeping the RRM acronym.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic