Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 10,087

Th3solution

@RogerRoger If the Mafia series didn’t already do the prohibition crime era then I would totally go with the idea actually. 😄

@LN78 Eh.. Something about the lead singer’s voice just grates on me. They’re just a little too alternative / folky sounding for my tastes. Their songs do stick in your head, I’ll give them that. But as far as 80’s music I prefer a little harder traditional sounding rock style — Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Scorpions, Queen, Van Halen....
Admittedly, I quite like the next wave of bands and musical artists that claim to have been inspired by REM — like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, and Hootie and the Blowfish.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@LN78 I dunno, I reckon they could be classified as ‘overrated’ for the sole reason that they were inexplicably big while bands such as Violent Femmes, The Feelies and The Replacements still had to occupy the ‘alternative’ space. Overrated in the sense that they were overly rated, rather than being rated too highly.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Gremio108

@Th3solution Whoa whoa whoa. As a mid-thirties male who refuses to accept the nineties actually ended, I feel I have to weigh in here. I love REM. 'Green' is a top album.

They were a bit middle-of-the-road at times though. Check out their 'Accelerate' album if you want something with a bit more kick to it. They went quite rocky on their later records

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I've never heard of any of those bands - Violent Femmes etc. ,what are the best albums to get by each of them?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Gremio108 I wasn’t even born in the nineties.
Untitled

Gremio108

@Arugula @nessisonett @Thrillho I'd reply with some sort of crying gif of my own, but I'm far too old to know how to do that. I'll just go back to playing Snake on my Nokia

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Vahla_Hanesh

@nessisonett I've been away for a while so only noticed your post on the Lorne crisps. I'm a total crisp fiend so had to give them a go. Really strong flavour! I don't know if I like them.

Vahla_Hanesh

nessisonett

@Vahla_Hanesh None of my family liked them so I ended up eating the whole bag. They’re quite peppery but then the brown sauce is also pretty strong. Yum yum.

Ralizah

Hey y'all

@nessisonett is recreating the Game Club thread. I know a number of you were involved with that, so, if possible go drop by the thread linked down below and register your interest in participating. If not for Bioshock, then maybe for a game in the future. We'll need to know who to tag when the time comes. Any tips or suggestions about how the thread should be run are also welcomed so as to make it a good experience for everyone.

https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps_general_discussion/push_...

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

RIP Argos catalogue. Spent ages poring over that, looking for which games I wanted for Christmas. I saw this absolute classic which really drove home how good a deal Game Boys were and also how bloody expensive Donkey Kong Country 2 was over here!

Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I was more of a Littlewoods catalogue kid back in the day.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Gremio108 Apparently inflation means it’s roughly double the price. So today that would be around the equivalent of £120. Fatality!

Octane

@Gremio108 Nintendo reportedly charged up to $35 for N64 cartridges to third parties. Most of that price was probably cartridge licensing and manufacturing. Those things were expensive.

They still are. Developers are avoiding the 32GB Switch cards as well. Opting for additional downloads over the price of the card.

Octane

RogerRoger

I walked past my local GAME as it was opening earlier. Was all set to go in and buy Ghost of Tsushima and Destroy All Humans! (as well as pre-order some things, and get PSN credit) but stopped myself when I suddenly thought of my already-extensive backlog list.

I think I've finally gotten myself into a "play what you've got, buy when you're ready" mentality.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger You’re a stronger man than I. Although, this year I’ve been better than in the past. I’ve only payed full price for Ghost of Tsushima and FF7R, and I’ve actually been playing Ghost of Tsushima straight away, albeit slowly.
What’s getting me now though are the sales. They are a backlog-expanding disease! Just added Doom 2016 for $6.

(Good to see you posting, btw. I was starting to worry if you were okay since I hadn’t seen you around for a few days and then with Kratos leaving unannounced I feared you may have somehow dropped off.)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@jdv95 Yeah, KratosMD, that is. (Not the God of War protagonist. I’m pretty sure he’s still a Sony icon 😄)
There is some discussion in the Goodbye/Vacation thread but it was an unannounced departure and he apparently had his account deleted, which has the unexpected effect of deleting every thread that he had ever started. So it turned a few things in the forums for a whirl.
I think there was probably an issue with some comments from a troll on one of the articles getting him upset. I’m not sure the details. Some of the comments sections can get a little heated lately.

Edited on by Th3solution

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic