Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 10,078

HallowMoonshadow

Not til you've thrown the marmite out @Th3solution and performed a cleansing ritual on your house

Your "Review" was a splendid read though and was pretty much how I expected it to go down... 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Th3solution That was a legitimately hilarious and well-written write-up. Thank you! Your powers of description are on-point, as I got the full horror movie vibe from the 'unearthly' substance that's 'neither solid nor liquid' and is 'stringy like melted cheese,' which tastes like 'the aftertaste of the stomach juices when you vomit.'

Never tried it. I'll still jump at the opportunity, but I'm hesitant to waste money on something I know I'll probably hate.

PS: The only way I'll ever stick anything called "blood pudding" anywhere near my mouth is if someone is willing to pay me an inordinately large amount of money to do so. And probably not even then.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@ShogunRok I've been thinking about all these people at Sony leaving lately, but then I realised that our favourite PlayStation spokesperson is still with Sony

Octane

mookysam

@Th3solution Thanks dude. Spending a second weekend here and starting to get rather fed up and miserable. Your Marmite review did make me laugh, so thank you. Of course, you're completely wrong. 😂 Marmite on hot buttered toast is a glorious thing.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @mookysam @Ralizah Lol, thanks! I just wanted to have some fun with it. I haven’t played a game that I hated lately so I jumped at the chance to be harshly critical and descriptive in a review. 😄 Needed to refresh some of the negative writing skills so as not to become too one-sidedly complimentary in my reviews 😜.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

Arugula wrote:

Target are doing a buy 2, get 1 on all PS4 titles. I might be swayed.

sounds like a rip off, paying for 2 but only getting 1

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Arugula just a bit yeah

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

HallowMoonshadow

The list of games availible for Stadia at launch next week (I'm not quite sure how this is intending to work still really) is:

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Destiny 2: The Collection
  • Just Dance 2020
  • Kine
  • Mortal Kombat XI
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
  • Thumper
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

The only exclusive being a game called Gylt by Tequila Works' (...Don't think I know them at all)

Not the greatest of starts surely but it could've been worse.

Interesting to see how MKXI and Samurai Shodown will play with the presumed lag.

Plus I'm not sure how Just Dance 2020 works on it either... By waggling the controller or more likely button inputs?

I don't even know what Thumper or Kine are either...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Gremio108

@kyleforrester87 You've gone early with the Christmas avatar... Although I actually did my first bit of Christmas shopping today so maybe I should get into the spirit

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

kyleforrester87

@Gremio108 well, hopefully we’ll have a transitional period through the rest of the month so we hit the ground running in December 👀

I didn’t have any mince pies today, although I did have 6 yesterday. I’ll balance it out by having 12 tomorrow.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thumper is a great little game. Utter madness, but brilliant. Tequila Works have done a few indie titles over the years. Rime, Deadlight, The Sexy Brutale. Rime is a wonderful special game, Deadlight is decent. Not played The Sexy Brutale but is supposed to be pretty good.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@KratosMD I think "artistic bravery" is a fine line. There'll be some (in the minority, I'm sure, but still) who think that the new design is too safe and not realistic enough for a live-action interpretation of a cartoon.

But then we're talking about a movie for kids here, so...?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

I just hope they do the same thing with this new 'Cats' musical movie...

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

The boiler at work broke today so we had to close the school early.... Might get tomorrow off as well because of it.

I ended up having to look after a pupil for about two hours though til their grandparents came to pick them up...

Still got a bunch of hours off work... Can't complain really. Finished Soul Reaver cus of it

-EDIT-

Oh goodness @Rudy_Manchego! hadn't seen that at all! Good grief that's... Blurrrggghhh 😂

Rudy_Manchego

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I can only apologise for sending you in search of the Cats trailer. If it helps... my therapist has told me that Cat Judi Dench is not real and can't hurt me.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

Not only divisive games @KratosMD but the fact that Death Stranding and Pokémon Sw/Sh are such complete polar opposites as well in pretty much everything except the fact they're video games!

JohnnyShoulder

@ellsworth004 I don't think so as he lives in the UK and we don't get the service until next Spring.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic