Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 10,114

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Beecham's all in one cold and flue tablets seem to do the trick, got rid of the aches fever by last night and my head wasn't thumping when I woke up. Had a better night's sleep (although still woke up a few times). So I'm off to work today, although feel a bit moist earlier.

@Th3solution I've been there before so didn't even try this time. I think the level of concentration that is required. Plus I kept drifting off to sleep so would be pretty pointless. The best I managed was watching Netflix and YouTube on my PS4.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Did you take a flu shot? Is that a thing in the UK?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution It is, but being preventative, I don't think you're allowed one if you're already flu'd up.

@JohnnyShoulder Glad it helps - remember to keep an eye on paracetamol content for cold & flu stuff.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder That sucks - I hope you get better.

I pay for a flu shot every year because I have kids and they are bigger germ factories then that monkey in Outbreak. Isn't guaranteed as effective though since it just targets what they think will be the majo strain.

Being too ill for gaming or even movies is the worst.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Hope you're feeling better today, buddy.

I tend to push through and keep playing games, even with a headache or other symptoms. It's a pain, but the lack of activity for my brain / mood would do worse damage, I fear. Hopefully you'll improve enough to pick up a controller soon; simple things like LEGO games are best, nothing precise, online or competitive.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

I get a free shot due to the meds I take messing with my immune system. But I’ve only bothered once, and actually I’ve not had a cold/illness for years, at least not one that’s put me out of operation.

Ya’ll need to man up I reckon.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

Thanks guys, yeah got through work today unscathed and made it back home in one piece.
I try not to go to the doctors unless it is really urgent, plus I doubt if I get an appointment 'just' for flu.
I always stay under the reccomended dosage, I've taken too many before and i got pretty spaced (not in a good way either) out. It's not something I want to experience again.
This was only my third time off sick in 7 years so have a good record in that regards.

@RogerRoger Personally I like to take a break from gaming now and again. I hate it when anything has that kind of control over me, especially if it something that I can quite easily step away from. These days there is loads I can do to take my mind of things.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 That tends to happen. You don't get ill for years then boom. Proper ill. Its coming for you mate.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Tasuki sorry to hear about your mum and cat mate. Hope your okay bro.

themcnoisy

@Kidfried I have gone the other way and am posting in my free time. One things for sure this is the last none mandatory training course of my life. Life's too short and missing out on gaming and taking a break is pretty unhealthy in middle age.

Octane

I just watched Polar on Netflix. I'll bet Kojima likes that one.

Octane

RogerRoger

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

Personally I like to take a break from gaming now and again. I hate it when anything has that kind of control over me, especially if it something that I can quite easily step away from. These days there is loads I can do to take my mind of things.

Sounds like my relationship with coffee.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Well like some of the UK I had a snow day off work today. Did try get in but after 2 separate attempts of waiting over 30 mins for a bus and for nothing to turn up, my manager told me to go home lol. That was about 11 and by 12 the staff that had made it in were told to go home too. So I was glad I didn't wait around any longer.

kyleforrester87

I woke up and decided I’m gunna try and cycle 60 miles today. It’s probably going to end badly. I’ve no idea if I can hack it to be honest 😂

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 i woke up and decided to go back to sleep, then the kids woke me again so i said **** it and i'm lazing on the sofa

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Thrillho

@kyleforrester87 A few years ago I went for my first cycle in ages and had great fun. It was only when I went to get up off the sofa after coming back that I regretted my life choice.

Thrillho

kyleforrester87

@FullbringIchigo @Thrillho @Frigate I managed 50, I underanticipated the amount of ice still out there, and the satnav took me on some real funky routes along narrow canals loaded with ice and mud :') I hoped to get to Reading and back but as you can see I didn't quite make it, I didn't want to be miles from home in the dark. Still, that's the furthest I've managed and my bloody legs are killing me! Hot bath time, then some well earned video games!!

Couple of pics I took while trying not to slip and die

https://ibb.co/6vQnJfJ
https://ibb.co/6WCwyKX
https://ibb.co/Zf0xtGZ
https://ibb.co/bg0xZ73
https://ibb.co/rvFmCs2

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 hey 50 is great, well done

now don't forget, tomorrow you will pay for it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic