Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo Wow! That's pretty crappy about Doomcock!

On the theories... Well, I haven't bothered looking at any, because no matter how dumb, any one of them could be bang on the money!

I still think mine from the previous post is right, but that I might add that Brendan is The Doctor, and The Doctor is the Timeless Child.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON he does it to everyone who has anything positive to say about Discovery or the Kelvinverse films

but enough about that arse i don't want to ruin my day so back to the DW stuff and yeah i can see that being what happens

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 it's not funny when you're on the receiving end of it though, a lot of people seem to forget that all that hate is directed at a real person but they don't care how it affects those people as long as they feel good about what he is saying or get a laugh out of it

and yes there have been some episodes i enjoyed, i still feel overall the show is pretty average but it has some good moments too

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 i take it personally when he spends and entire day coming after me (it got to the point where i had to block him something i don't normally do on social media because i rarely feel the need too but when he started tagging his mates to get them to do it i that's where i drew the line), that has nothing to do with a "persona" that's just bullying and it wasn't just me it was to anyone who said anything positive

as far as i'm concerned the guy is a vile toxic troll who represents EVERYTHING bad about the fandom and he can go jump out the nearest airlock

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 yep same as Facebook

the sooner social media sites are shut down the better because they are just a breading ground of bile and hatred

nessisonett

@LN78 @FullbringIchigo Just do what I do on NLife, assault the troll with common sense until they inevitably say something that gets them banned 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett @LN78 i stopped using NLife because it's a hotbed, you can't say anything without someone jumping at you

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 I don't think he's actually replying to the question asked. The rumour is that there will be another protracted break between series. He would seem to be confirming they won't McCoy it.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 It hasn't been the best again, but on the whole better than the last with a couple of outright stinkers.

The past 2 episodes have easily been the best of JWs run so far.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 it's pretty common practise now a days to give showrunners and actors a 3 series/season contract and while both Chibnall and Jodie have said they will be there for a third series the BBC hasn't actually confirmed they are making it yet, they probably are though

on a side note about the ratings i will say this series has been a big improvement over the last one but i think the year off coupled with the fact it's on a Sunday isn't helping it

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 they are LOWER than Capaldis ever were, even Capaldis lowest episode is higher than every episode this series which i don't get because overall this series has been pretty good

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-12-2020-uk-rat...

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78
Hmmm... 🤔

I'd say I quite liked 'The Witchfinders' and It Takes You Away' from 11.

From 12 'Spyfall' wasn't awful. 'The Haunting of Villa Diodati' ended up being good and 'Ascension...' was alright too.

I guess what I'm saying is... No 😂😂

nessisonett

@LN78 @FullbringIchigo Capaldi had some brilliant episodes but the majority were awful. Heaven Sent is possibly the best episode post Tennant and I really quite liked his last series with Bill and she was treated badly by just being written out after 1 run. If the viewing figures are worse than the end of his run then there’s something drastically wrong.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 @FullbringIchigo I agree with @nessisonett , I really enjoyed a few bright spots in Capaldi's run. I also really liked his Doctor for the most part too.

Bill was great - a pretty weak season, but what an ending!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah i agree, i think he was great as the Doctor just a shame he got in at the end of Moffets run by which point he had obviously run out of ideas

FullbringIchigo

So apparently the new CANON Star Trek Picard Prequel novel we now know who became captain of the Enterprise-E after Picard

Enterprise-E new Captain

now i'm not sure how many people here read Trek novels but i'm going to post the name in a spoiler tag just in case

it's Worf

personally i think it's awesome and i really hope they turn up in the Enterprise-E in Picard season 2

FullbringIchigo

also if anyone is interested the Star Trek Picard era uniforms are now available on Star Trek Online

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Yeah I saw.

I'm OK with that - he was 1st Officer in some of the books.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic