Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 23/24 season

Posts 161 to 180 of 211

Mostik

Merry Xmas to all, have a good one folks. Despite having a terrible season it is still great fun being an arm chair manager

@QualityGeezer probably the best bit, although I do rather enjoy cheese and biscuits later in the day!! All the best dude šŸŽ…

Mostik

BearsEatBeets

Busy time to keeping up with the quick turnaround of gameweeks. Hope you all managed well over Christmas. I dropped out of 3 cup competitions on gameweek 18 (Sky Sports/England/Overall) and all just by a few points. I've only got the Liverpool Cup left, plus of course our own one near the end of the season.
Trying to keep an eye on the Haaland situation plus be aware of which players are soon to be off for International competitions is certainly mixing things up.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

Still in all the cups somehow, odds are Iā€™ll make it through them both this week too, since I have Hwang coming off the bench.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett I was feeling quite good when I saw one of my opponents had 3 Man City players in their team when they weren't playing but then their subs ending up getting a load of points for them.
I could do with Joao Pedro getting some good points tonight as he will come off the bench with me taking a punt with Haaland back in my team.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Considering I usually leave a bunch of points on the bench, maybe Haaland getting injured was a good thing!

nessisonett

Out of the Sky cup by 1 point

Untitled

QualityGeezer

I'm out of the overall cup and the sky cup, but thankfully still in the Liverpool cup and Wales cup hasn't started yet. Got quite a few players away after this gameweek with AFCON and Asia cup, but thankfully we get a 2nd wildcard next week or I'd be buggered

QualityGeezer

nessisonett

Aww looks like Iā€™ll be out of the overall cup after this gameweek unless Gordon scores a hat trick, which is unlikely. Banking on Arsenal during this dip was a mistake and my opponent has both Alvarez and Son. At least this is the furthest Iā€™ve gotten, round 6!

QualityGeezer

No offence to anyone who has Joao Pedro in their team but I need him to have a stinker tonight, even better get sent off if I'm to get through to the next round of the cup

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@QualityGeezer I take offense šŸ˜„ I need him and Estupinan to get 15 points to keep me in the Liverpool cup. I was well ahead until Salah got a ton of points.

BearsEatBeets

QualityGeezer

@BearsEatBeets lol sorry mate. I only have Areola playing tonight and he has Pedro, so if he scores that's my clean sheet gone and me out of the cup

QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

@BearsEatBeets sorry to have jinxed you mate. I managed to get through. Worried about FC Bren in our league, absolutely flying, proper chasing me down. Some tricky fixtures coming up soon especially with the split game week, make or break month for me lol

Edited on by QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

Who' is FC Bren BTW know most people here but not sure who that is user name wise

QualityGeezer

nessisonett

Gutted, Areaeaaeaeaeaola had a stormer. Out all the cups now!

QualityGeezer

@nessisonett he saved me thankfully mate. Has the Scotland Cup started yet? The Wales Cup starts next gameweek. Less players in Wales

Edited on by QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

nessisonett

@QualityGeezer Starts next gameweek too, must be similar players!

nessisonett

@QualityGeezer Yeah, had to switch out Salah and Hwang despite them being great for me, I know Iā€™ll have to pay a premium to get them back too.

QualityGeezer

@nessisonett yeah had both them and son but next game week which is Cup week only half the teams play and the other half play the weekend after its a pain in the bum

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@QualityGeezer It's fine, Pedro saved me last gameweek so it was always a long shot to happen again. That's me all done for cups now. Also FC Bren is @JRJ3, I've not seen them here for a long time now. I think there is an overall drop-off of participation from a lot of players this season.
That kind of leads to

December Manager of the Month - @JRJ3 Congrats if your still seeing these.

Next gameweek is definitely an odd one spread over two weekends, at least all teams still play a fixture.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic