Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 23/24 season

Posts 1 to 20 of 206

BearsEatBeets

A bit late getting this one going but with just one week until the new season kicks off it's time for anyone wanting to take part to get their team in. This thread will cover the new season and anyone curious about what it is about can find last seasons thread here

https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps_general_discussion/push_...

Just like last season we're open to anyone joining as long as you have an interest in participating in the thread as well as the competition, even if it's only a few times over the course of the season. As such I won't post the league code here unless someone requests it and will take it down once it has been noted. Any teams that appear without requesting/introducing themselves will be removed. Just to be aware the league does show players real names but no participants in previous years have revealed or mentioned them and we would hope any new players would continue the same curtesy and only communicate through usernames or team names here.

The website to create a team can be found here

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

The deadline for entering a team is Friday 11th Aug at 18:30 (an hour and half before kick-off).

Last years entrants automatically get a spot in this seasons league when they make a team.

The site has plenty of info on how to play and feel free to post any questions about it here and I'm sure our veterans will help out where we can.

With all that being said I look forward to competing with anyone taking part and lets see if anyone can beat last seasons (and the season before) champion @JRJ3.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

@QualityGeezer I've tinkered with mine a couple of times already. With all the new signings going on it's tricky to know if they're going to be worth taking a punt on from the get go.

@get2sammyb Is it worth giving Liam a tag to see if he wants to take part this season?

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Still unsure about my team so might have to do a bit of tinkering before the new season! Haaland is impossible to bet against but he really is expensive this year 😅

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett yeah I was a little shocked when I saw his price but if he has a another season like the last, he's worth it. I think I'm fairly happy with my squad, it's just my 2 back up strikers I'm least certain on and might change.
With new managers at Chelsea and Spurs and some new players for the other big teams I feel it's getting even trickier to tell who might be regular starters for some teams.

Oh yeah and it's my turn to be 'Pending Moderation' this season😄 No clue why, I just used my username here for the team.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets It’s cause your name has Arse in it 😂😂😂

Be Arse At Beets

QualityGeezer

It's mad the jump in valuations of some players

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett 😄I hadn't realised that. I think I capitalised the words like my username but maybe I have a rename incoming. Still, if you were allowed a 'tit', I should be allowed an 'arse'. 😁

@QualityGeezer The best players always go up a bit for a new season, although to the best of my recollection I think Haaland might be the first to hit 14m.

BearsEatBeets

sorteddan

@BearsEatBeets
Oh yeah. Fantasy league baby! Looking forward to the inevitable disappointments the new season will bring.

Any chance you could edit the opening post with a list of Push Square usernames and fantasy team names so I can keep a better dea of who's who without having to read the posts and check the teams or even worse, having to remember stuff. Just an idea.

Also. Hahaha be arse at beets. Awesome.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets wrote:

Still, if you were allowed a 'tit', I should be allowed an 'arse'.

Words to live by there mate. 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@sorteddan Gone for Viduka Salt this year, it was between that, Kewell and the Gang or Van Hooijdonkey Kong

QualityGeezer

I've done my team or Haaland and a load of random players. Valuations are crazy

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@TabulaRasa Sorry for the late response, I'm guessing you're in another time zone. If you're about let me know and I'll put the code up for you. Alternatively if your on PSN, give me your username (or message me at mine - Leejon5) and I'll send it to you there.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@sorteddan I don't see anyone having an issue with that as we generally know all who each are, but I can certainly add that to make it easier for everyone. I'll get on it shortly.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@TabulaRasa I always find it trickiest at the start, it's fairly common for me to use my first wildcard to change up my squad after the first few weeks.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic