Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 801 to 820 of 2,131

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I'm in for this one, I had downloaded it already. I should have A Plague Tale: Innocence wrapped up tonight and be ready to start tomorrow night.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Col_McCafferty

@nessisonett I started it last Friday and am close to the end. I have enjoyed it although at first it took me a while to get into the mechanics.

If anyone wants any tips at all just ask.

Col_McCafferty

Thrillho

@nessisonett Well, the game is quite short so I think people will fly through.

The game is roughly tutorial/intro area, main area 1, main area 2, main area 3, finale so those would roughly work but are only an hour or two each (the intro area maybe 30 mins long?)

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho It honestly might be easier to do the same as Rayman in that respect, just let people do as much as they can!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett nice one đź‘Ť, got it on the download. I hadn't paid much attention to this release but having looked it up, it says it's a ps exclusive and makes use of motion controls. Should be a fairly unique experience so I am tentatively optimistic!

See ya!

Th3solution

It’s been over a year since I played CG and the platinum eluded me then, but I’ll probably not replay it, but I am curious to read everyone’s impressions and follow along the thread. It’s a game that has a wide degree of opinions.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

I actually started playing this game a few days ago @nessisonett I'm joining in!

Kidfried

R1spam

I played this one last year and would be interested to hear what people think. @nessisonett any chance you can add me to the tag list?

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

nessisonett

@R1spam No problem! But you will have to pass our vigorous initiation ritual I’m afraid.

Untitled

Thrillho

@ralphdibny It takes a little getting used to but the motion controls work well. I just had to make myself sit up a bit more when playing.

If it all goes a bit haywire, triangle re-centres the cursor and it’s easy to carry on.

I think there is an option to switch to the analogue sticks if you can’t get on with it. An option to use the touchpad would have been cool though.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Oh noooo, I think I've just remembered why I was initially put off from the game. I don't get on with motion controls at the best of times. Ah well, I will still give it a go and at least you can switch to the analogue sticks.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ralphdibny

@Thrillho nice! Normally I'm ok with motion controls that make sense, some of my favourite games are on the Wii after all! I guess I do find it a bit awkward on a traditionally shaped controller, they're normally best at doing gyro aiming in shooters

See ya!

R1spam

@nessisonett ha give it time and you will change game club to the ancient society of no R1-spams!

XBOX: Placebo G

Kidfried

I do like the game, kinda. It's definitely a kids game though, because the game isn't challenging at all. That's not a criticism of the game, but rather a sign that I'm too old. I think the game is short, like really short, so it won't bother me that much anyway.

I like the characters so far. They are like straight from a cartoon I would watch as a kid. And I also think the motion controls are just fine; they don't need to be perfect for what you're doing with it anyway.

My only gripe against the game so far is that there is less room for creativity that I had hoped. Just a bit more brushes and a bigger canvas would have meant I could really make some nice stuff. Now it's just a bit too bare bones.

Kidfried

Fight_Teza_Fight

Been out of the loop a little bit & need something new to play. How does this work? Is there a start date?

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

@Fight_Teza_Fight The start date was technically last night/this morning but as long as you play a minimum of a good couple of hours by the end of the week then you’ll be fine!

Thrillho

@Kidfried Obviously you do unlock more patterns as you go and there are places with bigger areas to paint on, particularly a few specific “masterpiece” areas.

I get what you mean about it feeling like a kids game but seeing as it was short, free, and something a little different I didn’t Ming too much.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

I booted this up earlier. Didn't have much time, but got through the charming, self-contained tutorial and now am all set to get to grips with the core game a little later on.

The motion controls are horrendous. I burst out laughing because they straight up refused to respond to any gesture I made, not in any satisfactory way at any rate. I was gentle, I was rough, I was everything in between; nothing worked. As soon as I could, I went into the settings and switched to analogue control, which I immediately found much more responsive. From what I gather, fine precision isn't gonna be required, but I'd like to be able to paint what I want to paint, rather than what some misguided gyroscope thinks I should be painting. Helps that I'm a little bit ambidextrous because I couldn't find any setting to swap the brush controls over to my right hand; I can imagine some dedicated righties having trouble, but anything's better than the motion controls. Yeesh.

Otherwise, consider me charmed. The art style is quite pretty, particularly for the paintings, and the protagonist is somebody I can see myself caring about. I didn't know it had a Photo Mode, which is both wonderful and terrifying. It'll double my completion time, so my hopes of jumping into a short-and-sweet game have been somewhat dashed, but at least I'll get some new desktop wallpapers out of it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

I saw a few people complaining about the motion controls on here. I quite liked them actually; do you think it might make a difference that I'm playing using the DualSense, or do I just have low standards?

Kidfried

Ralizah

@nessisonett Didn't get your tag for some reason, and haven't been paying attention to this thread. So it'll amuse you to learn that, entirely separately, I was already planning on playing this starting today.

Yay happy coincidences!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic