Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 761 to 780 of 2,131

Ralizah

@crimsontadpoles 1 Million lums kinda comes naturally as part of engaging with the significant amount of endgame content.

Awesomeness Lvl 11 is months of grinding online challenges, though. Not worth it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

I’ve been playing along at a much slower pace. I’m on the mariachi levels. I have mixed feelings about the game. When it hits, it’s great - like in the musical levels. But when it grates on my nerves, it makes me want to turn it off to take a break from it. I frequently find that if I struggle with a level that is hard and I have to do a section over and over, I tell myself I’ve got to at least finish the level, and when I do I get a strange sense of satisfaction, but also of dread for the next one. It’s different from defeating a difficult boss where the elation of victory pulls you to go on, wanting that dopamine rush again. Here, it’s like “ugh - that was really tough and I got through that one section on pure luck finally. I may not make it to the end of the next level, so I think I’ll quit for tonight.”

So, I’ve fallen pretty far behind (not to mention I had a busy week and haven’t squeezed much game time in) and I don’t think I’ll finish. I’m Awesomeness level 5 I think, and opened up all main worlds except the last 1 or 2 maybe. Completed the first two worlds with probably 80% or so of available Teensies, and now halfway through the third world. I’ve rescued 4 or 5 of the heroes. I’ve done daily challenges many times and have managed a silver once only.
The game doesn’t come natural to me and I’m not sure if it will because I keep wanting to turn it off after a few levels. If all the levels were music based, I think I’d do better. The two I’ve done felt so much easier because they are beautifully orchestrated and timed and it just feels like the game flows from my fingertips in concert with the rhythm and visuals. But then the normal levels I feel like I can’t get in sync with.

Anyways, just figured I’d share a little of the other side of things, as I’ve really enjoyed reading the near unanimous praise and fervent jubilations everyone has been posting. I’m amazed at how much of the game everyone has been able to complete.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

I’m now onto Olympus Maximus having gotten every cup and Teensie in every other world and completing all the Origins levels as they unlock. I’ve unlocked Living Dead Party too but I think I’ll save that for afterwards!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@crimsontadpoles Good luck with those final levels! They're really well done but infuriating at the same time..

Thrillho

Mr_B021

I reached the credits today. Still having fun messing around in the Living Dead Party, the invasion levels and Origins. Does anybody know if the Origins levels in Legends are the same as in the original Origins? I really like the music and some of the level are hilarious. The one based on Oceans 12 really made me laugh. When are we going to vote for the next game?

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

nessisonett

@Mr_B021 We’ve probably got a week left for everyone to at least make it to the credits. I reckon we’ll open up voting on Monday so we can decide on the next game by the weekend?

HallowMoonshadow

I've got only 120 teensies left to collect now having got through over half the origins levels and having beaten all the legends related content already.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

crimsontadpoles

I've collected all 700 teensies, and got the gold trophies from collecting lums in every level, so that's me done with this game.

The 1 million lums target and awesomeness level 11 are too tedious for me to bother with, so I'm not going to worry about them. I'm only on 630,000 lums, and it would take many weeks of daily challenges to get to awesomeness level 11.

Overall I've had a lot of fun with this game.

nessisonett

I’ve now got every single Teensie in the Legends levels so I’m going to polish off the Origins levels. Living Dead Party was some of the most difficult platforming I’ve done outside kaizo games, truly evil stuff. I’ve enjoyed my time so far though. Not long to go!

Thrillho

@nessisonett Most of those levels weren’t too bad but the one that completely pixelates the screen out is just EVIL. That said, the level is about the rhythm so you just have to trust that.

I found some of the invasion levels to be the hardest (it took me far too long to realise the invader was a copy of your moves).

Thrillho

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Trisque @Col_McCafferty @DerMeister @Mr_B021

We’ve almost wrapped up Rayman Legends now so it’s time to decide our game for March!

The games with the next most votes were Hitman, Doom Eternal and Mafia Definitive Edition. Would people be up for one of those or should I open the voting back up as we’ve had a fresh crop of PS Plus games to choose from?

LieutenantFatman

I've just started Remnant: From the Ashes and Huntdown. The first being on ps+, the latter is currently 45% off on psn.

Here is a trailer for Huntdown, well worth a look. If your heart doesn't scream to you that this looks amazing, then I don't know what to tell you.

LieutenantFatman

Th3solution

@nessisonett I’ll throw a vote in for Hitman.

I’ve already played them but it would be reasonable to include Concrete Genie and Ratchet & Clank which are recent giveaways. Both are great and fairly short.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I'm obviously well-versed with Hitman and would gladly contribute to any group discussion or playthrough of its first season. I also still have Mafia: Definitive Edition sitting sealed on my shelf, although whether I'd be able to devote myself to it fully at the moment is questionable.

I also agree with Sol regarding Concrete Genie, which I added to my Library last week. If I wasn't currently burdened with man-flu (and therefore allergic to bright, flashy colours) I'd be starting it next.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Trisque

@nessisonett please remove me from the tag list. Thank you for keeping my username there for so long, despite my not commenting at all.

Trisque

ralphdibny

@nessisonett any of those 3 games is good for me! Not sure if I can vote for all three but I would if I could!

See ya!

HallowMoonshadow

I'll be sitting this month out I reckon @nessisonett as I don't have any of the games being suggested and I'll be back to work next week (Hopefully) so I'll be pretty busy and most likely a fair bit exhausted too!

I have beaten Rayman Legends today though and have saved all 700 tensies for the first time and in turn fully completed all the worlds. I really enjoyed playing through it once again!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

mookysam

@nessisonett I'm way behind with Rayman, the month just flew by and I haven't been feeling great recently. For the next game I'd be happy to play Doom Eternal as I got that for Christmas. I love Hitman, so if that gets more votes would probably play from Miami onwards, as well as sampling bits and pieces the older levels (rather than playing through Hitman 2016's episodes in order). It's the kick up the arse I need to get back into it! Do you know how to transfer content and data from Hitman 1 and 2 into Hitman III?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

JohnnyShoulder

A Plague Tale: Innocence is a good shout for a future Game Club. Admittedly I've not finished it yet but manged to fly through the fist 5 chapters in a few hours, then upto Chapter 9 in the next few hours. Think there are 16 chapters in total, so shouldn't take peeps too long.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic