Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 741 to 760 of 2,131

nessisonett

I’ve now got every Teensie and gold cup in the first two worlds, outside of locked Invasion levels of course. I’ve also done about 6 Origins levels which I honestly might prefer to the Legends levels. I’m having great fun with it other than it not quite being as good as the Wii U version and constantly holding R2 not being great on my hands.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I had that same inner turmoil, regarding any undiscovered (or unreachable) Teensies. The more I played and the more demanding the levels became, however, even my OCD was turning around and saying "Nah, leave 'em, they're not worth the headache!" My goalposts gradually narrow in such games (even Sonic ones) to the point where I'm just happy to reach the end, 100% be damned.

In other words, yes, I'd wholeheartedly endorse your current approach, playing everywhere once through in sequence and then returning to mop up your favourites later.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I've 100% all the levels I've played so far (I haven't touched the Origins levels I've unlocked just yet) with not much difficulty in doing so just yet. I've done 3 worlds and the luchador boss was a bit tougher then I remember (Especially with it not having any hearts to protect yourself).

I wish there was a bit more to Mariachi Madness as it seems a bit short in comparison to the other musical levels as who doesn't like Eye Of The Tiger?

I've got 127,197 lums, 218 Teensies and done the first 3 worlds. I've attempted to do the daily challenges evey day but still have yet to get anything above a silver cup

It doesn't tell you at all even on the help/controls menu but you can also use the L2 button to run as well @nessisonett if that helps somewhat!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Gremio108

I booted this game up today and had a whale of a time. I don't think I'll be 100%-ing it again though. I don't know how I found the patience to do it last time.

I'm tempted to stick out the daily/weekly challenges for a bit though. That platinum is still taunting me.

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

HallowMoonshadow

I'm halfway through 20,000 lums under the sea and I forgot how good these levels feel in partucular compared to the others. It's all down to the super spy motif/theme this world has and I've really enjoyed how all the levels have incorporated it so far.

... Still only got silvers on the daily (and weekly) challenges so far though... Bah. Getting a gold, yet alone a diamond, will continue to elude me 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ah yes, I remember the underwater levels! I love the soundtrack's gag names for the accompanying music, which include "The Spy Who Kicked Me" and "Dive Another Day".

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

I’ve beaten the Mexican themed world now with all Teensies and doing every invasion and Origins level that appears. I do have some gripes with the Murfy levels in this world, like the destroying cake and filling in guacamole. They worked perfectly on Wii U and really don’t work the same way in motion on PS4. Trying to press Circle while running and jumping is a bit awkward and usually results in death. Other than that, it was probably my favourite world so far and it’s ramping up in difficulty.

crimsontadpoles

I've beaten the 4th World, 20,000 Lums Under The Sea. It's quite a gloomy area and has swimming sections, so I wasn't as keen on it as the other worlds.

I've gotten the occasional gold in daily challenges, but silver is usually what I aim for. Diamond seems far too ridiculous to get. There's always a few people that have a distance of thousands of meters higher than anyone else, at least on the Wii U leaderboards.

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles Yeah, the diamond cups seem brutal to get, which makes me wonder who on earth is still playing the game daily to get those cups!

HallowMoonshadow

Those are cute names for the soundtrack @RogerRoger! I ended up beating the rest of 20,000 lums under the sea yesterday and found it rather enjoyable indeed.

Still haven't touched any of the Origins levels yet... I might actually try to fully complete the game's challenges (I never did the Evil Rayman chase levels before tha unlock after beating the legends levels.)

Oh and good luck in the challenges @Gremio108! Your ghost taunting me on the challenges actually pushed into getting a much higher score and a couple of golds... So thanks for that!

Gremio108

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah I noticed you've been racking up some good scores. The gauntlet has been thrown down.

How do you see the ghost, is it in the settings? Because I can't see yours

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

HallowMoonshadow

Yeah when you pause the game in a challenge you can cycle through the ghost settings and have none, friends or everyone I believe @Gremio108 ... You still might have to get close to their score before the ghost starts to show up? Though maybe the friend toggle'll help and show them regardless?

Mr_B021

I'm a bit late to the party. If it's OK I would like to chip in. I started the game a few years ago on the WiiU, but never finished it. I'm currently in the Olympus Maximus world collecting enough Teensies for the Living Dead Party. I dabbled a bit with the daily challenges, but so far no luck getting a gold medal. I really like the art style of games created with the UbiArt framework, like Valiant Hearts: the Great War and Child of Light. Bit of a shame Ubisoft seems to have dropped it in favor of Snowdrop.

Feel free to add me on PSN. Maybe your ghosts push me to get that elusive gold medal after all

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

nessisonett

@Mr_B021 Feel free to join in, we’re all pretty much on either Olympus Maximus or the underwater world I’m pretty sure!

nessisonett

Just missed out on 3 Teensies in an invasion by 3 milliseconds

Untitled

Thrillho

@nessisonett Some of those levels are devilish. That vid I posted before took me so many attempts and even then I only made it by tenths of a second.

Little things like using the spin attack when running can shave milliseconds of your time.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Oooh I feel your pain @nessisonett ... That happened to me a couple of times yesterday and almost had me pulling my hair out 😅

I've... actually managed to do all the legends related content though for the first time ever.

All six worlds were completed (Which I have done before) but I've also managed to get all three teensies in each of the Dark Rayman Invasion levels to get full completion... Netting myself six diamond cups in the process.

All I have left to do is the origins levels!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

DerMeister

I fell behind quite a bit due to real life stuff, so currently I'm near the end of Fiesta de los Muertos.

While the invaded levels are lengthening my playthrough, I appreciate the challenge since it keeps me on my toes and freshens up the run. I'm almost at the teensy total to unlock Living Dead Party.

Edited on by DerMeister

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

crimsontadpoles

I reached the end credits. There's still plenty to do though, such as collecting teensies and lum trophies, Origins levels, and the remaining 8-bit music levels and Dark Rayman invasions.

I do want to collect every teensie and lum trophy. After that, I'll probably be done with this game. Trying to get 1 million lums for the final character and getting awesomeness level 11 will likely be too tedious for me to try.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic